REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-13-2024, 12:46 PM   #301
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,914 Posts
^ agreed. The world would be a better place, kids mental health would be better, our collective IQ would not plummet.

All the TikTok 'influencer' gasped ...
Advertisement
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:56 PM   #302
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Tiktok has really helped kids/teens/tweens? Be more aware of world events and given them easier access to multiple sources of news, so really it's quite invaluable, ifs understandable why the US is afraid of it tho

The Stanley cup trend got out of hand cuz Facebook mom's got in on it
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 01:19 PM   #303
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,511 Times in 5,135 Posts
I can't speak on a grand scale, but I've seen numerous investment and real estate tiktoks that are giving out flat out WRONG advice if not borderline dangerous. Also car buying and financing information.

Tiktoks are stupid bite-sized media that appeal to people with super low attention spans who can't be bothered to think for themselves, like so many other things the presenters are not accredited or validated. I wouldn't trust any news received from this medium.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: