REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 04-18-2016, 06:22 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

K series swap - gurus please chime in

I have access to a wrote off Acura TSX 6sp for very cheAp... Now My questionis if I have the full car , I want to swap the 6 sp k into my dc teg. what else would I need besides mounts? Obviously some extensive fabrication but I've done some research on the swap and it's saying its like a 6000$ swap with all these mis. Parts That's mentally challenged if you ask me, full k cars ( accord,element ,TSX , rsx, etc ...wrote off are selling for super cheAp these days. There the new b series. So, if I have the full car how much is this mutha gonna cost me ? I have time and good nerve.
Advertisement
SlammedTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
RS Lurker, I don't post!

k20.org

Some fab is needed, but nothing extensive. If you don't know how to weld I suggest you get that part done by someone with experience. As for wiring, you can get a custom Rywire harness or similar and run Kpro or chipped ecu.
cr-ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
I don't get it

If you get it please take measurements I want to swap one into a Kei car and no one can give me any dimensions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr-ex View Post
k20.org

Some fab is needed, but nothing extensive. If you don't know how to weld I suggest you get that part done by someone with experience. As for wiring, you can get a custom Rywire harness or similar and run Kpro or chipped ecu.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:27 PM   #4
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I bought buddies wrote off RSX few years back to swap the K20 into my del sol. Even if you have the whole car at your disposal, all the extra parts needed add up fast. Axles, mounts, exhaust header, fuel lines, harnesses, ECU, shifter box/mount ect. are just some of the things needed to complete the swap. I ended up selling the motor because I priced out all the extras at over $6000, and that's doing all the work yourself. This is when the dollar was closer to par, way she is now a days, it would probably cost even more. K-Tuned and Hybrid Racing sell "K-swap" packages that include many items that you'll need instead of searching around and piecing together all the parts you need. Kinda annoys me that my buddy can swap a K20 into his miata for less than I can into my honda.
J.Bell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #5
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,370 Times in 272 Posts
k20 into a miata is not cheaper then doing it on an integra
!Kodamu is online now   Reply With Quote