REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
TVR's new supercar - first official pictures

Quote:
TVR has finally shown first glimpses of the styling of its hotly anticipated all-new model. Due to arrive in late 2017, almost 400 deposits have already been taken for the new car which may bring with it the return of the famous Griffith name.

The car will use a Cosworth V8 that has been engineered to produce ample mid-range torque and more than 400bhp. It's expected to be capable of accelerating to 60mph in less than four seconds, and will be priced from about £65,000, though the launch car will be a special edition priced considerably higher than the regular car which follows; TVR owner Les Edgar says it will be "sub-£100,000".

TVR has also confirmed that a convertible will join the range with TVR owner Les Edgar saying the model has been designed from the beginning to accommodate an open-roof version.

The car will be built using Gordon Murray's innovative carbonfibre manufacturing process called iStream Carbon. Two mules are being tested, with the latest representing a realistic weight for the car, which is set to be about 1150kg. When development is completed, the production model will be constructed at the brand's Circuit of Wales factory.

The reborn marque is out in force at the new London motor show, where it's left a full-size clay model tantalisingly covered. It has, however, displayed an image of the car's side profile, along with a sketch of the front end.

Combining the proportions of the model with the detailing from the front and side images, Autocar has been able to create an artist’s impression to show how the new V8-powered sports car is expected to look when it's launched (below).

The covered clay model was joined on the stand at the London show by a classic 1960s TVR Griffith 400. The appearance of that car is significant because the name Griffith is understood to be the leading candidate for the new car.

TVR boss Les Edgar has told Autocar that no name has yet been chosen, but it is likely TVR will reprise one of its famous names for the new car.

Edgar says the clay model gives a very good representation of the proportions of the new car, which is instantly recognisable as a TVR. It's wider than previous models, due to the fact TVR has developed its new road car alongside a racing version, and as such has given the car a more ‘planted’ stance.

The car’s design has been overseen by a TVR employee embedded within Gordon Murray Design, which is involved in the development and manufacturing process of the car. This is part of a collaborative approach from the investors in the project, who all have an influence on the design.

In profile, the new car is cab-backwards with a long bonnet, to emphasise its front-engined, rear-wheel drive mechanical make-up. The front end is much lower than the previous models. It has tauter surfacing and is altogether flatter and squarer. The grille shape and design is also all-new.

One other feature in the new TVR is the double bulge in the roof, a nod to the car’s racing pretence; the bulges are to accommodate drivers' helmets.

The new car will be built in Wales. at a factory in Ebbw Wale, with the Circuit of Wales site one of two under consideration. This comes despite the Welsh government confirming in April that it would not offer a financial guarantee on 100% of the Circuit of Wales project.

For a full Autocar image of the next TVR and more on the story, buy next week's Autocar, from Wednesday 11 May.
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
Witness protection

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 05-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #3
Witness protection

for those of you who have forgotten or do not know of TVR... here is a brief blast from the past video made back in 2006):

Old 05-05-2016, 08:07 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,282 Times in 489 Posts
TVR Sageris is still one of the most raw vehicles ever made. Absolute beast
bcuzracecarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
my friends dad had a yellow TVR S2 and this was back in HS, i remember going to his house one day & "hey thats a really nice TVR S2"

his dad was surprised that i even knew what brand this was, let alone the model and year

for those of u that dont remember, john Travolta drove a TVR tuscan in the movie swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...

Last edited by ae101; 05-05-2016 at 09:31 PM.
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote