REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 05-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #1
I don't get it

Census 2016 Survey

Sorry, not sure if this is the best section to post this however I couldn't find an " OFF-TOPIC " section of the form.

Recently received the Census 2016 Survey " you must complete by May 10th, IT'S THE LAW "

Iv'e actually never done one of these before or was aware, so I looked at it and didn't appreciate the fact they said its " the law + mandatory to fill out "

Fast forward, reading the questions I didn't feel comfortable at all answering because it was mainly asking " income you make, who do you live with, how big is your home, when do you leave your house to work

I just didn't like how they were asking for so much information however I did see at the end of the survey the purpose is for statistic's in 2193?
" 92 years " later..

Just wondering what your thoughts and opinions are on this Survey?
Advertisement
swiftshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
i didnt get asked any questions about income. im guessing you got the long form census.

but ya, you have to fill it out. if you dont, you'll either get a fine or get thrown in jail. your choice OP.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:12 AM   #3
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
i didnt get asked any questions about income. im guessing you got the long form census.

but ya, you have to fill it out. if you dont, you'll either get a fine or get thrown in jail. your choice OP.
Some questions got really in depth

-Do you own/rent
-Where did you live 1 year ago
-Where did you live 5 years ago
-Why did you move
-How much $$ do you earn
-Who do you live with " if you do " please enter their name
-What time do you work
-How many hours do you work
-How do you get to work- walk,drive,transit
-When do you leave your house
swiftshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:55 PM   #4

Richmond residents get ask MORE questions than Vancover residents.
I help my uncle filled his yesterday. He is 80 years old and got ask where he work, how much he project his house value...etc similar to yours ^
Vancouver residents' census are very simple. Done in 5 mins
Old 05-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #5
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender Unit View Post
Richmond residents get ask MORE questions than Vancover residents.
I help my uncle filled his yesterday. He is 80 years old and got ask where he work, how much he project his house value...etc similar to yours ^
Vancouver residents' census are very simple. Done in 5 mins
Not dependent on where you live, some 'lucky' folks get the long version, some get the short version. 1 in 4 get the long. Then they extrapolate, it's all statistics.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mand...-out-1.3557511
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2016, 07:25 PM   #6
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftshift View Post
Sorry, not sure if this is the best section to post this however I couldn't find an " OFF-TOPIC " section of the form.

Recently received the Census 2016 Survey " you must complete by May 10th, IT'S THE LAW "

Iv'e actually never done one of these before or was aware, so I looked at it and didn't appreciate the fact they said its " the law + mandatory to fill out "

Fast forward, reading the questions I didn't feel comfortable at all answering because it was mainly asking " income you make, who do you live with, how big is your home, when do you leave your house to work

I just didn't like how they were asking for so much information however I did see at the end of the survey the purpose is for statistic's in 2193?
" 92 years " later..

Just wondering what your thoughts and opinions are on this Survey?
Think of it this way...

You are 30. Doctor asks you, how much you weigh, whats your diet like, family health problems... all to find out how he can do his job to prevent or treat health issues that may come up when you are 65. Would you share it all knowing, you will likely live longer and may have access to new drugs that may prevent hereditary health issues?

There is privacy issues, and there is plain bitching. You OP sounds like the latter type of fellow.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #7

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Got the census as well and got the long version.

Totally agree with how uncomfortable some of the questions were lol
Old 05-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
Think of it this way...

You are 30. Doctor asks you, how much you weigh, whats your diet like, family health problems... all to find out how he can do his job to prevent or treat health issues that may come up when you are 65. Would you share it all knowing, you will likely live longer and may have access to new drugs that may prevent hereditary health issues?

There is privacy issues, and there is plain bitching. You OP sounds like the latter type of fellow.
Did you get the long version?

Some of the questions are pretty strange, ridiculous, and odd ... you think they want to know how many times you go to the bathroom and whether you sh*t in the morning or at night. I don't wear tin foil hats but even I don't feel comfortable with the government knowing so much deets about your life.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #9
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Did you get the long version?

Some of the questions are pretty strange, ridiculous, and odd ... you think they want to know how many times you go to the bathroom and whether you sh*t in the morning or at night. I don't wear tin foil hats but even I don't feel comfortable with the government knowing so much deets about your life.
What if the time you shit at impacts the number of waste water facilities that needed to be built because too many people are shitting at 10pm instead of 50% of them shitting at 7am?

Now if they are asking, how many times you and your wife get freaky during a week, yes, i can see that as being #GTFO.... on the other hand if they ask how many kids you plan to have in the next 5 years.... that shit would help figure out how many schools need to be built.

And No, I don't work for census, this is just friken common sense. Better information leads to better decision making... or we get what is known to us as TRANSLINK but on a federal level.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
What if the time you shit at impacts the number of waste water facilities that needed to be built because too many people are shitting at 10pm instead of 50% of them shitting at 7am?

Now if they are asking, how many times you and your wife get freaky during a week, yes, i can see that as being #GTFO.... on the other hand if they ask how many kids you plan to have in the next 5 years.... that shit would help figure out how many schools need to be built.

And No, I don't work for census, this is just friken common sense. Better information leads to better decision making... or we get what is known to us as TRANSLINK but on a federal level.
It is obvious to me that you got the short form cuz you're blowing hot air.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #11
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I got mine. Was expecting to get the "long version" since the news says it was coming back.

I guess I lucked out, got a quick simple one asking me how many people live at the household, and just their ages. Done in 5mins. I live in Richmond, dunno if that plays a factor.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:23 PM   #12
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

i thought they don't ask any info on incomes as they already have that type of info.
Look on the right of the page
https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/...stions-eng.cfm

"To reduce the burden on Canadians and to improve the quality of the data, Statistics Canada will not ask questions on income but rather use information already available from the Canada Revenue Agency."
xxxrsxxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:23 PM   #13
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I got version that only took me 5 mins to do.

Asked all family members living in household names, the relationships to each other, what their gender is etc.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:17 PM   #14
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Parents are on vacation out of the country and I have no clue about their income/mortgage/property tax etc.. so I can either bullshit all of those questions or not complete it by the 10th..
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ll View Post
Parents are on vacation out of the country and I have no clue about their income/mortgage/property tax etc
Just finished the survey and they didn't ask for those things (well for me they didn't)

Just languages spoken, where you/they worked in 2015, who's living there currently, birthdates etc
Old 05-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #16
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Frick........... thanks, guys for reminding me. Got it a few days ago and totally forgot about it. Now gotta find it in the junk pile, which is everywhere, LOL.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #17
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
wait till you answer the business census

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:30 PM   #18
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
i got the long one. honestly i didnt have a problem with any of the questions.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:11 PM   #19
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I'm trying to do mine now and I keep getting this Unexpected Error after I enter the access code.

"Unexpected error
An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again later."

Anyone else also experiencing this? Not sure if it's high volume or computer issue?

TIA

Edit: Waited for awhile and it's working now

Last edited by jjson; 05-08-2016 at 07:28 PM.
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:00 PM   #20

Didn't receive mine yet :/
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:55 PM   #21
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftshift View Post
Some questions got really in depth

-Do you own/rent
-Where did you live 1 year ago
-Where did you live 5 years ago
-Why did you move
-How much $$ do you earn
-Who do you live with " if you do " please enter their name
-What time do you work
-How many hours do you work
-How do you get to work- walk,drive,transit
-When do you leave your house
lol that u consider those questions "in-depth"
i'm a fan of it...i benefited from the trickled down information when i was still in school.
i never understood people who got their panties tied up in a bunch over questions that will show up in employment forms and tax/business related forms.

Bet if it was "fill this out and win X." people wouldn't be bitching about how invasive the questions are.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #22
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
I got the short form which was dead simple, sounds like the long form isn't too bad either. If you complain about the questions asked don't complain when schools aren't built in the right areas or transit services suck.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Didn't receive mine yet :/
don't drop the soap
Old 06-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #24
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Anyone get a call about the census? 18448156412. Missed their call and they left a voice mail. But calling back and selecting language preference the call just ends.
Retrac is offline   Reply With Quote