REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-07-2016, 12:42 PM   #26
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Yo buddy fawwwkkk rippin it 200 in my g37 yo
Advertisement
ijaz_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:32 PM   #27
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Your profile pic is a G37 with an N.

Lol

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2016, 02:47 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Is it just me, or do almost all of our BC driving violation fines seem way too lenient? Nevermind the ridiculously pocket-change-like $167 for distracted driving, $486 for street racing while possessing a New Driver license? That's not scaring anyone, the guy will continue doing the same shit as soon as he gets his car back. How about doubling or tripling that and see the reaction?
The guy was extremely lucky for getting away with it for $486 ticket, ICBC Insurance Premium, towing fee, 15 day storage fee, and mild inconvenience for not having a car for mere 15 days.
While it may cost him grand total of approx $2,000, it's not significant that it will change his life.

Street Racing is under Criminal Code of Canada just like DUI, not a Motor Vehicle Act like speeding ticket.
An Act to amend the Criminal Code (street racing) and to make a consequential amendment to the Corrections and Conditional Release Act

Speeding tickets are no big deal. It's simply a regulatory matter and if you break the speed limit, you're violator of regulation. However Street Racing, DUI, etc. are criminal matter and you will be treated as criminal.

If RCMP officer decides to prosecute this guy for Street Racing, if convicted, he will be in prison for up to 5 years.
It will also come with criminal record, which obviously will give you problems finding jobs and travelling overseas.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
Wait...
why this guy only gets a $486 ticket and a 15 days impound going 100km/h over??
I remember few years back those Ferrari going 100 over had their $200K cars forfeited and auctioned off..?
Speeding ticket price in BC isn't particularly low.

Look at Motor Vehicle Act in Yukon.
MVA Section 137, 139 and 140
Motor Vehicles Fines and Demerit Points - Highways and Public Works- Government of Yukon

0-15km/h over the speed limit: $25
15-30km/h over the speed limit: $40
30-50km/h over the speed limit: $75
50km/h+ over the speed limit: $200
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2016, 03:36 PM   #30
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
ICBC is the winner in the end,i know this Loser who's female and training to become a doctor doing stupid shit like this....she crashed a brand new mustang,After first of all getting caught doing 130 in a school zone once with a 400 dollar fine.....her insurance a month now after all said and done...$980 a month.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #31
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
ICBC is the winner in the end,i know this Loser who's female and training to become a doctor doing stupid shit like this....she crashed a brand new mustang,After first of all getting caught doing 130 in a school zone once with a 400 dollar fine.....her insurance a month now after all said and done...$980 a month.
pic?
'02 Suzuki GSXR 750

Order the New 2020 Civic Type R, pm me

Driftspecs Apparel
www.driftspecsapparel.com
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:33 PM   #32
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx042003 View Post
pic?

Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:01 PM   #33
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
G37 would spend its whole tank of gas before it could hit 200km/h.
Story is misleading.
Edit: also, wow.... legit post by timpo.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:18 AM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Is it just me, or do almost all of our BC driving violation fines seem way too lenient? Nevermind the ridiculously pocket-change-like $167 for distracted driving, $486 for street racing while possessing a New Driver license? That's not scaring anyone, the guy will continue doing the same shit as soon as he gets his car back. How about doubling or tripling that and see the reaction?
Excessive speeding fines did get quadrupled in 2010. In addition to the initial ticket you have to deal with towing fees, impoundment fees, about $900 in points and getting yourself home. I estimate that the true cost of a 40 over ticket is about $2,000. Higher if you're far from home and you need to buy a round trip airplane ticket.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:41 AM   #35
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
G37 would spend its whole tank of gas before it could hit 200km/h.
[...]
Not true...
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeyal View Post
Not true...
Yeah G37 can hit 157mph (252km/h) then rev limiter kicks in
so yea, way more than 200km/h
Old 05-08-2016, 04:57 PM   #37
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk1OfrWT4qk
Clearly that's photoshoped.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #38
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
you know what they say, 200 is the new 100
Old 05-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #39
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
it's actually kind of bullshit..

back when i was young(er) and stupid, i passed by an unmarked police car doing 110 on oak bridge (i actually thought the speed limit was 80 cause that's what everyone else drove..)
since it was more than 40 over the speed limit (60), got the same exact fine and ticket as this guy, as well as car impounded and insurance premiums etc.

somehow i feel like there should be more punishment for this case.. but ever since the new law they just group everyone who does 40 over into one category which is kind of stupid
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #40
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
If you think that feel free to move to Alberta. Let me know how you feel after 1 year of living there even if you don't speed. Harsher tickets are not the answer. Education and driver awareness is the only way. Just look at what is happening in Edmonton right now. The city gained control of the Photo radar program and is making crazy profits off of it using "safety" as the backbone argument yet numbers for speeding etc have not decreased. Photo radar traps on every other light for doing 5-10km/hr over the posted limits ($130), 50km/hr over is $2500 ticket, 30 day suspension, impounded car and a court date where the fine can increase yet people still speed 50+. Red light radar, stop sign photo radar traps, sound radar (in the works for loud exhaust). Take my advice, DO NOT advocate increasing fines for the few outliers. It snowballs into that shit.

I love BC because I don't have this horrible uneasy feeling a trip to the grocery store is going to cost me $130 if I take my car.

Last edited by prudz; 05-08-2016 at 08:49 PM.
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #41
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
The excessive speeding ends up being way more than $486 because you pay for the impound storage fees, towing and 3 years dangerous drivers premium. Ends up being close to $2000. I got one in my younger goon days (not nearly as bad, was doing 100 km/h in a BS 60km/h zone)...definitely learned my lesson.
Curren$y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #42

Let's face it, the vast majority of speed limits are bullshit.
(school zone excluded)

We know that safest speed limit to set is 85th percentile.
Yet government is happy to set the speed limit at 0th percentile on many major roads.

Setting speed limit lower than flow of traffic is much more dangerous than setting it higher.
The government is encouraging people to slow down, which put people in danger of causing accidents.

When someone tries to drive 10km/h slower than the flow of traffic(not speed limit), the probability of this person causing an accident is higher than someone trying to drive 10km/h faster than the flow of traffic.

Police officers can virtually pull over 100% of driver out there for "speeding" which shows that speed limit is just way too low.
I have a problem with this because these low speed limits do not contribute to safety.

This is one of the reason why so many people hate cops, speeding tickets are nothing but cash grab in many cases. I'm not talking about street racing or wreckless driving, please don't mix them up with regular "speeding".
I'm talking about when cops pull over people that are driving to work at the speed of within 85th percentile.

Coquihalla Highway became safer after raising the speed limit
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ster-1.3133913

and we all have seen this video,

Last edited by Timpo; 05-08-2016 at 09:54 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2016, 10:05 PM   #43
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Driving regulation and enforcement of it here in Van is pretty lax. Don't complain. We have it great here.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 06:06 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudz View Post
If you think that feel free to move to Alberta. Let me know how you feel after 1 year of living there even if you don't speed. Harsher tickets are not the answer. Education and driver awareness is the only way. Just look at what is happening in Edmonton right now. The city gained control of the Photo radar program and is making crazy profits off of it using "safety" as the backbone argument yet numbers for speeding etc have not decreased. Photo radar traps on every other light for doing 5-10km/hr over the posted limits ($130), 50km/hr over is $2500 ticket, 30 day suspension, impounded car and a court date where the fine can increase yet people still speed 50+. Red light radar, stop sign photo radar traps, sound radar (in the works for loud exhaust). Take my advice, DO NOT advocate increasing fines for the few outliers. It snowballs into that shit.

I love BC because I don't have this horrible uneasy feeling a trip to the grocery store is going to cost me $130 if I take my car.
Edmonton speed traps are terrible; they are everywhere. I drive there once a month or so. Most people drive under the speed limit because of the number of speed cameras out there. For 50 km zones, I heard they only give you 3 km/h over the limit. For 70 km zones, they only give 8 km/h over.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 06:19 AM   #45
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

197km? What a stupid retard. Good luck if for some reason your front tire blow's out at that speed!
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:27 AM   #46
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Something I just though of, who gets the storage and impound fees? Do they go to ICBC/RCMP or to the tow company? If they're going to the tow company that's bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
somehow i feel like there should be more punishment for this case.. but ever since the new law they just group everyone who does 40 over into one category which is kind of stupid
I think the prevailing speed limit needs to be taken into account too (maybe it does after the fact, like when that Ferrari was seized), because if someone is doing 40 over in a 50 zone it's completely different from doing 40 over on the Coq which is 120.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #47
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
I know I certainly haven't increased my speed on the Coquihalla since the 120km/h posting came into effect. I'll typically adjust my speed for the weather conditions and the general shape that the road is in. Sure, I'll admit that I may go above the limit in certain stretches, but nothing more than I was doing before the maximum was bumped up. When the weather is poor (snowy, foggy, heavy rain, etc.) I'll naturally slow down to a safer speed. When the roads are freshly paved and my tires are warm and sticky, I'll nudge past the limit a bit. This time of year, however, the roads are still absolute shit from all the snowplows gouging holes, so I'll keep my speed down a little. Mind you, I drive it all the time and am familiar with it. Some yahoo from Vancouver who drives it once a year isn't going to know that the road beyond that blind corner is pothole city.

That's the thing, though. People will drive what they feel comfortable doing on a particular stretch of road, regardless of if it's the Coquihalla or a school zone. Artificially lowering the speed limit will do nothing more than increase aggravation and create an influx of speeding tickets.

However, there's nowhere in BC where I would feel comfortable with doing 200km/hr outside of a race track. The locations where it's "safe" to do so are full of wildlife that can jump out at any minute. Nothankyousir.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #48
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Something I just though of, who gets the storage and impound fees? Do they go to ICBC/RCMP or to the tow company? If they're going to the tow company that's bullshit.
The storage and impound fees go to the towing company.
AndroidAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:49 PM   #49

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk1OfrWT4qk
OK...
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 07:03 PM   #50
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Wait what? So a tow company send a truck and driver to pick up the vehicle and drop it in there yard, where it is stored on there property, and they process the paperwork and release it back to the owner.

How is that bullshit? Why wouldn't the tow company get the money for impound fee, Do they work for free?
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: