REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Man builds car off of an mx5 using weed (also environmental friendly)

Quote:
That's a SMOKING hot car! Florida businessman builds environmentally friendly sports car made from cannabis hemp
Bruce Michael Dietzen has made his two-seater sports car from hemp
Each car body is made of three layers of woven cannabis hemp from China
Dietzen believes each body is ten times more resistant to dents than steel
The environmentally friendly car even runs on recycled agricultural waste

A sports car made from cannabis hemp could lead the charge in making carbon neutral vehicles
Made from the chassis of a Mazda convertible, the cannabis car is bringing a new meaning to the phrase 'green machine' and could soon be seen on high roads around the world.
The man behind the car, Bruce Michael Dietzen from Florida, hopes his environmentally friendly automobile could help debunk the taboo behind the cannabis plant and its uses.

He said: 'Cannabis hemp is still considered a dangerous drug according to the government. It's considered as dangerous as heroin or cocaine - it's insane!'
This green machine is made from three plies of woven Hemp making it lighter than cars made from fibre glass.
The car is also surprisingly strong, Dietzen estimates the body of his Renew sports car is at least 10 times more dent resistant than steel.

He said: 'The body of the car uses about 100 lbs of woven hemp.'
Dietzen was inspired to build the sports car after hearing about renowned industrialist, Henry Ford, using the durable material in 1941 to build the world's first Soybean/Hemp car.
It was also one of the first uses of bio fuel in a vehicle as the car ran also ran on hemp fuel.
Building the cannabis car, however was no easy feat for Dietzen as acquiring the controversial material proved more difficult than he expected.

The car-enthusiast said: 'I live in Florida, Hemp is still illegal to grow so I had to import the woven material all the way from China because we still don't have the facilities that can make hemp fabrics.'
The car itself cost the former National Sales Manager at Dell $200,000 to build and a further $200,000 in lost earnings.
It runs on a bio fuel made from recycled agricultural waste and is expected to have a much lower carbon footprint than standard electric powered cars when it goes into mass production.
The former executive is currently working on a Docu-Series entitled: 'Hempsters Cannabis Car Tour' with Producer and business partner, and fellow Cannabis Hemp activist, Diana Oliver of Thunderbird Productions.
Diana Oliver's first film in the Hempsters Doc/film Series, 'Hempsters Plant the Seed,' features Hollywood actor and activist Woody Harrelson and musician and cannabis activist Willie Nelson discussing the benefits of the plant, from its medicinal benefits to its everyday uses for things such as clothing.
Dietzen said: 'Many states are starting to make it legal, it's a really great sign as we're getting back to the point where we're starting to make products out of Industrial hemp just as Henry Ford suggested we should do, we can grow our own Petroleum, Paper and Plastic, all from the Soil'.

Bruce Michael Dietzen builds sports car made from cannabis hemp in Florida | Daily Mail Online
official site

Renew Sports Cars - Sports Car Body From Hemp

i find this very interesting unique in a way
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

cannabis is an extremely strong material. here's a car made from cannabis by HENRY FORD himself. he takes a hammer to the thing, doesn't make a dent!

Old 05-14-2016, 09:47 AM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Old 05-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
I don't get it

Problem is I bet it will light up like a tinder box with a fire.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote