REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Fucktwats on their phone in traffic piss me off just as much as anyone else. I've been held up by them at red lights, I've been near missed by them.
This.

I can't even count the number of times I've been behind some idiot who continues texting or browsing Facebook on their phone after the light turns green, completely oblivious, really pisses me off. The worst is when you're making a right turn from a side street and the person in front of you clearly has their head down looking at their phone while everyone in front of them has already driven off

What difference does using your phone at a red light have compared to using your phone while the car is not stationary? Are you not driving your car when you're at a red light? Are you not distracted when you're using your phone at a red light? Like how fucking hard can it be to just not fucking use your phone while you're driving you bloody phone addicts? I for one am very happy with the decision to increase the fines. People calling this another "cash grab" clearly don't know what distracted driving can do, compared to say, driving 10-20km/h over the speed limit and getting a speeding ticket, which is arguably much more of a cash grab.

Also, if you need to pull over to make a phone call or text, for the love of god don't just literally park your car in the middle of the lane and put your hazards on a la Richmond style, I've seen this happen more than enough it's just as terrible, where's the common sense?
Advertisement
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
If you're at a red light you're still in control of that vehicle, that means you need to be aware enough to move it or stop it from moving at all times.

Quote:
There's been way too many stories of people who weren't actually using any electronic devices getting nailed and having absolutely no recourse.
Source?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.w *// View Post
What if using phone on a cell phone holder, eye level , almost like changing radio stations or volume
When stopped at red light, you can change music, enter addy to your navi, face your passenger and talk. But as soon as you glance at your phone, you are Murder!! Impound you car!!
Actually you also do all of these while moving and you still wouldn't get tickets.
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #29

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
According to section 214.2 of the Motor Vehicle Act

Quote:
Drivers with a regular licence are permitted to use hands-free cellphones and devices that can be operated with one touch or voice command, provided that the device is securely fixed to the vehicle or worn securely on the driver’s body
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 06:30 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Old 05-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #31
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
Spoiler!
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 07:32 PM   #32
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
does this apply if i'm eating a big-mac while i drive with one hand?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:35 PM   #33
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
This.

I can't even count the number of times I've been behind some idiot who continues texting or browsing Facebook on their phone after the light turns green, completely oblivious, really pisses me off. The worst is when you're making a right turn from a side street and the person in front of you clearly has their head down looking at their phone while everyone in front of them has already driven off

What difference does using your phone at a red light have compared to using your phone while the car is not stationary? Are you not driving your car when you're at a red light? Are you not distracted when you're using your phone at a red light? Like how fucking hard can it be to just not fucking use your phone while you're driving you bloody phone addicts? I for one am very happy with the decision to increase the fines. People calling this another "cash grab" clearly don't know what distracted driving can do, compared to say, driving 10-20km/h over the speed limit and getting a speeding ticket, which is arguably much more of a cash grab.

Also, if you need to pull over to make a phone call or text, for the love of god don't just literally park your car in the middle of the lane and put your hazards on a la Richmond style, I've seen this happen more than enough it's just as terrible, where's the common sense?

I agree with you.. but i'm going to be "that guy"...

how do you know someone is on their phone on fb/texting when you are behind them? do you have xray vision?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-09-2016, 07:35 PM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I think one big mac is acceptable, although a super sized coke in the other while you steer with your knee is pushing it.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:37 PM   #35

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
I agree with you.. but i'm going to be "that guy"...

how do you know someone is on their phone on fb/texting when you are behind them? do you have xray vision?
Sitting in my truck it's pretty obvious looking down at a dude in his car in front of me and his head constantly looks up and down every few seconds. It's either that or he's admiring his dick a little too much.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:13 PM   #36
GS8

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts

I wonder how many Mainlanders WANT that second offense?
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 08:26 PM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
I don't think this would matter anymore in 10yr time.

Autonomous car technology is just around the corner. Seriously, I'd buy a fucking Chrysler Pacifica if that's the car to be. And I'd rock the LoL in a traffic jam

After that, this law would go into the category of "laws that don't make any sense"
Old 05-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #38
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen View Post
I personally think most of these driving fines are nothing more than cash grab, including speeding tickets.
This is the stupidest, most self-absorbed, retarded phrase ever, and people should stop using it or get a well-deserved punch in the face.

A "cash grab" is unavoidable. These kinds of tickets are 100% avoidable: don't break the law, and they don't get your cash. Simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:58 PM   #39
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Lol @ fines being a "cash grab"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 09:16 PM   #40

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
Quote:
i'd like to know too...does eating fall under distracted driving with the same fines?
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #41

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
This is the stupidest, most self-absorbed, retarded phrase ever, and people should stop using it or get a well-deserved punch in the face.

A "cash grab" is unavoidable. These kinds of tickets are 100% avoidable: don't break the law, and they don't get your cash. Simple.
if he was talking about speeding tickets, it's a cash grab because the limit is far too low for safety. We all know this.
I bet you speed every single day multiple times like we all do.

Texting on the other hand, it's just as dangerous as DUI.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #42
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
This.

It's annoying, absolutely.

These fines are being increased to make the roads safer, similar to how penalties for drinking and driving have increased. However, I'd wager the vast majority of tickets aren't going to hit the people who are endangering lives.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:35 PM   #43
I bringith the lowerballerith

Hate these catch-all laws that are even catch all. Buy a car with a system that has facebook app. Problem not solved.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:40 PM   #44

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
if he was talking about speeding tickets, it's a cash grab because the limit is far too low for safety. We all know this.
I bet you speed every single day multiple times like we all do.
Don't do the crime, don't pay the fine, keep all your cash. Pretty simple.

If it's YOUR CHOICE to break the law, then it's your choice to pay the price when caught.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #45
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
What are governments going to do when cars start driving themselves. They are going to lose so much in revenue and cops are going to have so much more free time.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #46
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post

I wonder how many Mainlanders WANT that second offense?
This might end up making Richmond tolerable to drive in again.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #47

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i hope the new law applies to past offenders also....So this person can get fucked so hard in the ass.

Police in B.C. hoping to revoke licence of driver with 14 distracted-driving tickets | CTV News
Old 05-09-2016, 11:31 PM   #48
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
According to section 214.2 of the Motor Vehicle Act
I think I'm a little confused. So if I get a permanent holder that my phone sits in, I can touch it with my hand? Like I can accept a call, scroll through music, text etc much like I would on my nav screen?
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #49
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post

You've been punched enough times in the head that your logic is failing hard. Your statement does not even consider the stupidity or validity of certain laws and what you are saying to people is just obey the law and don't get fined.

What I'm saying is that it's a huge fucking inconvenience in some cases to obey some law that was brought in with clear intention of increasing revenues.

Are you gonna keep saying the same shit if they deem that the current speed limit is a major factor in causing accidents and further lower it? Next up, we will fine you if we see that you are driving with one hand.

Guys, if you love getting raped and feel there aren't enough fines that surround you, by all means. BC isn't the first province to bring in distracted driving fines. There are other provinces which have this in place for longer. Why not post a study that actually shows there have been meaningful reductions in accidents after implementing such law? Some of your replies are so fucking simplistic it bothers me. It's like this law will save you from having to ever deal with people looking at their phone at a stoplight.

Last edited by frozen; 05-10-2016 at 05:13 AM.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-10-2016, 05:37 AM   #50
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
There's been way too many stories of people who weren't actually using any electronic devices getting nailed and having absolutely no recourse.
People lie...a lot...

Anyone who's gotten a ticket will try to justify the fact that they weren't on their phone when they know they were and they're just pissed that they got caught. I've been in a car with someone who got a speeding ticket...and yeah, he was speeding. A few days later I hear from a mutual friend how its bullshit that cops have nothing better to do than to give tickets to people doing 55kmph like **** did. Bull...shit! He was doing a lot more than 55 and telling people otherwise to make him seem like a victim. Just like all the distracted drivers do.

I'm in a truck, and you'd be surprised as to how many cars I can see into with a phone in their lap or holding it just a bit lower than their steering wheel to make it look like they're head isn't pointed down.

If I get a text while driving, fuck it. If its that important they can call me and I'll push the button on the steering wheel and answer the call.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: