REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-09-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Air Canada Booking Problem?

I've been flying with Air Canada for work for a while now with all my trips booked through a travel agent. Haven't had an issue. I've always been able to add my flight into my Air Canada app with my agent reference number, no problem. However, my latest booking is causing me a little concern. I have my booking reference (6 digits), but when I input it into the app, it says no flights found. I can manually search the flight number for the date and time I'm flying, but I can't actually add it into my schedule on either the app or AC website. The travel agent says the booking is good, but can't explain why it's not letting me access it.

Any thoughts? I don't want to wait 24 hours before checking in online only to find out that there is a genuine problem.
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Call Air Canada and ask them to check if the PNR (reference number) is valid.

Did the travel agent switch systems recently? Air Canada is on its own system so their PNR's are a little wonky sometimes.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:37 AM   #3
private modder

Thanked 2,648 Times in 740 Posts
can you see your booking here?

https://services.aircanada.com/Servi...method=english

if you log into aircanada.com with your aeroplan number (not your booking reference), can you see it?

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/manageMyBookings.do
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:55 AM   #4
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Forgot to update this. Some how the ticket that was purchased through my agent didn't interact with Air Canada's system. No idea how or why it happened, but regardless they managed to cancel it and get me a new ticket. Thanks to those who PM'd me (surprised at how many people on here actually work for Air Canada or a related service.) Ended up not needing the help, but I appreciate the support!

Not that I was looking forward to being on this trip. Yay, Mississauga. I'm so damn bored being here.

On the plus side, there's a legit Pagani Zonda R down the road from me.

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote