REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-16-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Vancouver Honda (Marine and Oak)

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that I've been having a huge headache with Vancouver Honda's service department recently. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with their new ownership (recently purchased by Dilawri Group).

Scheduled an oil change last weekend (I usually go through Surrey Honda, but they were full and Vancouver Honda is close by to me). Oil change was fine, but they washed my car afterwards, and when I got home, I noticed that all the plastic trim pieces including the side mirrors had really bad staining all over them. I went in last Monday morning and they said they needed the car for a few hours to fix it. I was going out of town, so they said to bring it back next when when I was back.

Brought in this morning, and they took it in for a few hours. They stated it was a de-greaser that was sprayed on the car prior to the wash, it was left in the heat/sun for too long, and it stained the plastic trim. They applied some type of oil-based lubricant to the trim pieces to cover up the stains. The service adviser I have been dealing with the entire time also stated that it should be fine and is a long term solution, although I am skeptical. Seems that it could wash off over a period of time... that remains to be seen I assume.

Anyways, I needed to get back to work after picking up the car this afternoon. Got into the car and noticed that they had also detailed the interior of the car without my permission. They used some type of interior detailer shine on all surfaces. As long as this stuff hasn't damaged the pieces, whatever, I can deal with that. But whoever did it was rushing, and droplets of the oil-based solution/spray ended up on my red seats (2014 Civic Si) and the stains are pretty visible.

Question is, I don't really want to deal with them anymore, since they continue to do damage my car performing services I'm not authorizing.

Is there any product that I can safely use to get the detailing spray out of the seats on my own? Or should I be going back to them?
Advertisement
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:57 PM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

GO BACK, if you try to apply something on your own there's a strong chance that it may things worse, in which case you'll be SOL and any repairs after that will be entirely on you.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
For your plastic parts if the stains come back, you could use meguiars plastix polish on them then add some black plastic protectant on top and it'll last a long time. Either way the plastic will fade from being in the sun too long and you would have to reapply the protectant. The interior detail shine I'm assuming is probably just an interior protectant. Never had them on cloth seats so I can't help you on what to do there.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:45 PM   #4
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,792 Times in 3,326 Posts
i think there was a brand that sells those black plastic restore product...

https://www.amazon.ca/Meguiars-G1581.../dp/B0055PD1H4

something like this. this should help.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
I'm sure the interior detail was a sign of good faith... maybe you should send an email with thanks but also point out the lousy on craftsmanship..

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:16 PM   #6
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
just be str8 forward and tell em not to touch ur car but only do the work that was asked for..
sounds like they constantly tryna make it up for u with free services but are fucking it up lol
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #7
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
just be str8 forward and tell em not to touch ur car but only do the work that was asked for..
sounds like they constantly tryna make it up for u with free services but are fucking it up lol
Excatly! I also thing for the average joe they don't really care as long as its free wash their happy.

I have specifically asked them not to wash, last thing you want is more swirls and scratches
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,905 Times in 752 Posts
be sure to write a VERY NEGATIVE google review.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2016, 02:05 PM   #9
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
be sure to write a VERY NEGATIVE google review.
not sure if sarcasm or serious lol

I would go back. Document everything that was damaged. Email the service or dealership manager to have a record of correspondence and maybe even a record of them acknowledging that they fucked up.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:43 PM   #10
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,060 Times in 1,248 Posts
degreaser

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote