REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #76
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm still surprised how nasty it gets during parliament meetings and how often they fight, it's almost like a bunch of children are running our country sometimes
It's worse than that. Children usually grow up. So many of these "leaders" have proven themselves to be incapable of that.

Even most low level jobs require a lot more professionalism and self-restraint than this lot demonstrate.
Advertisement
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2016, 07:48 PM   #77
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Look at their Facebook page.
You can see how public is reacting.

Justin Trudeau posts his apology
https://www.facebook.com/JustinPJTrudeau/

Tom Mulcair says he now accepts Trudeau's apology
https://www.facebook.com/TomMulcair/
that's not the same apology. hes acknowledging the libs formal apology to the komagata maru incident like 100 years ago.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:58 PM   #78
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Wow, what a waste of time. Why didn't they just walk around though? There's a lot of room on the left, lol!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #79
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
People crying for women got old. In this day and age, if they don't make it, it's not because they have a vagina, it's because they got no game.
truth. right there
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:45 PM   #80
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,401 Times in 5,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2K View Post
Wow, what a waste of time. Why didn't they just walk around though? There's a lot of room on the left, lol!

Not allowed to cross the floor to the opposition.... which in itself is stupid and childish that a bunch of grown adults can't move in traffic due to a stupid old rule and an invisible line on the floor.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:22 PM   #81
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
or this...

Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:54 PM   #82
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
jesus christ.. way to make canada look even more soft.. fuck ahha why cant we get an all out brawl??
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2016, 01:42 AM   #83
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts

From what I have read the left side is for the ruling party and the right side is for the opposition.

I wonder if she is going to file workers comp claim.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:37 AM   #84
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I dislike and can't stand Trudeau, but I have to say this is being blown way out of proportion, but that I guess really isn't a surprise with how things are when it comes to politics. If this was the leader of another party who did this or any one of the former PMs who did this, you would have the opposite sides screaming the same overblown bloody murder and public that don't like them doing the same and calling him an arrogant rude jackass, etc..

Reality is in this day and age of over the top PC and over-sensitivity, in most work places you can't be doing something like that and would likely get a call from HR and likely a note in your file, but it is what it was, it was a minor thing, he apologized, move on.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2016, 06:43 AM   #85
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
I can only imagine how the RS lefty's would have attacked Harper for doing the same, I would expect comments like;

Quote:
Harper nearly killed that lady with his reckless behavior
Quote:
There go the conservatives again doing whatever is necessary to advance their secret agenda
Trudeau or not, it won't take long for the Liberal party to settle into their old ways, not to say they are any better/worse than the Cons.

I would jut prefer the party in power prioritizes tax cuts vs. additional social spending, and that's why I'm not well aligned with the left.

NYANCAT 2020
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:05 AM   #86
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
I'm an RS lefty and I never really had a hate on for Harper until this past election and that really had a lot more to do with his campaign strategy than his actual tenure as PM, so ...

I also didn't vote for Trudeau and I think this whole thing is ridiculous. Would feel the same way if Harper had done it.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:17 AM   #87
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
that dragon lady at 0:20 in that taiwan clip had the demon eyes

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #88
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
If I were that guy, I would have walked through doing the breaststroke motion with my arms. haha
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #89
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
Can you imagine if a similar elbowing incident happened in the U.S. Congress?

Let's say that Trump is elected as the next president on November 8th.

Then The Donald elbows a female senator. Wow, CNN and all major US news outlets would be all over the Donald's elbow hitting a woman.

SNL would have a skit about Trump giving an "elbow"job on a female.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #90
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Can you imagine if a similar elbowing incident happened in the U.S. Congress?
that'd be great...a bunch of idiots in that congress deserve more than an elbow to the chest
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #91

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Trump wouldn't apologize.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #92
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Wouldn't be any different with Trump. Unless his party control both houses, he will either apologize or do some deal under the table with the other party to save their face. The White House does not have absolute power, it must work with both houses if the President want to pass any bill that would leave a legacy. A game of give and take if you will. Trudeau probably didn't give a fuck but he apologized/was advised to apologize because it would help him in the future.

As a campaign guy, he can pretty much say whatever he wants to benefit him but once assume office, he needs to do things differently if he wants things go his way.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:40 AM   #93
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
House of Commons In Shock As Ruth Ellen Brosseau Quits NDP Party To Pursue Soccer Career
By Burrard Street Journal - Friday, May 20, 2016

House of Commons In Shock As Ruth Ellen Brosseau Quits NDP Party To Pursue Soccer Career | Burrard Street Journal

Ruth Ellen Brosseau has shocked the New Democrat Party by announcing her decision to quit politics and pursue a career as a professional soccer player. The NDP MP made the announcement outside the House of Commons today, only days after being elbowed in the chest by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and hours after a video emerged of her “world class performance”.

“Given the recent circumstances I no longer feel safe to continue as a female politician in Canada,” she told the BSJ. “Instead I will pursue a career in an industry that involves no physical contact whatsoever, soccer.”

The 32-year-old caught the attention of the football world, after her exploits against the PM, which prompted Argentine legend Maradona, to tweet his “respect” for Brosseau’s display, claiming her instinctive skills of deception, and quick thinking, would stand her in good stead for a “long career in football”.

“The way she twisted her body to maximise impact, before launching herself backwards, was the sign of a player ideally suited to this sport,” he explained. “Capped off with a large scream to alert the authorities. She’s really mastered the fundamentals.”

Amongst the plaudits from the Canadian soccer community, was coach John Herdman, who said Brosseau could “have her pick of any soccer team in the world”. However the Canadian Women’s soccer team head coach, remains skeptical that Brosseau will stay in North America, with a number of the world’s biggest soccer clubs circling. “The lure of Italian football, for a player of her diving ability may prove to be too strong,” he admitted. “She’ll be treated like a literal god there.”

Herman was less than complimentary about Trudeau’s role in the incident. “It was a rookie mistake from a man of his vast experience,” Herman said. “If that had been on the soccer field, the PM would have got a straight red card and probably a 2-year ban for brushing against someone’s chest like that.”

For Brosseau, all of these exciting opportunities are tempered slightly, by the fact she’s still recovering from the significant injuries sustained during the encounter with the PM. But the wonderkid claims to already be ahead of schedule: “Doctors say my speedy recovery from such serious wounds, make it seem as if I wasn’t even injured at all. Guess I’m some sort of medical miracle.”
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-21-2016, 12:43 AM   #94
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Justin Trudeau To Face Criminal Charges Following “Vicious Assault” On “Lucky to Be Alive” NDP MP
By Burrard Street Journal - Thursday, May 19, 2016

Justin Trudeau To Face Criminal Charges May 18, 2016. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Adrian Wyld

Justin Trudeau To Face Criminal Charges Following "Vicious Assault" On "Lucky to Be Alive" NDP MP | Burrard Street Journal

The Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is expected to face criminal charges following his “vicious assault” on 2 New Democrat MPs in the House of Commons, that has left one in a critical condition in hospital. RCMP chief Bob Paulson confirmed the PM was not immune from criminal proceedings, especially given the veracity of the assault.

NDP leader Tom Mulcair claims Ruth Ellen Brosseau is “lucky to be alive” after an explicit-laden Trudeau elbowed Ms. Brosseau in the chest after he “lunged viciously” at Opposition whip Gord Brown. Brown was also taken to hospital with a broken arm but is expected to make a full recovery.

“He was screaming and roaring, with foam spilling from his mouth, probably high on something” said Mulcair of the incident. “He grabbed Gord’s arm, crushing it instantly. Then he noticed Brosseau and ripped his shirt open, temporarily hypnotizing her, before launching himself into the air and striking her with his elbow. It was just like watching wrestling, or the House of Lords.”

In his defence, the Prime Minister criticized the opposition parties for their part in the incident, saying it was further proof of their lack of support for women’s rights in the workplace. “I just walked straight up to a female MP and violently struck her in the chest, and the NDPs and Conservatives just stood there with their mouths open, and did nothing,” he said, shaking his head. “Am I really the only person in this room willing to literally fight for women’s rights?”

The incident sparked pandemonium in the House, as reports claim Trudeau went into a “violent rage” as MPs ran for the exits. The PM however, remained unmoved claiming he’d gladly do it again. “I don’t care how many more women I have to punch to get my point across, it’s all about supporting feminism.”
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-21-2016, 01:25 AM   #95
I subscribe to Revscene

I wonder what delusional RS members have to say about "Trudeau's" arming of the Saudi monarch which has been and is currently indiscriminately killing Yemeni civilians?

jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:37 AM   #96
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i'd say canada's been doing it long before he went in to politics

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:47 AM   #97
My homepage has been set to RS

C&C is a fucking moron lol
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:43 AM   #98
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Ruth Ellen Brosseau says she has faced personal attacks since she was elbowed in the House of Commons by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, including that she should be “ashamed to be a woman” and that she is “not a feminist.”

In an exclusive interview Friday with The Canadian Press, the New Democrat MP said her office has received a number of phone calls from people across the country, many of them suggesting that she is “crying wolf.”

“My office has received countless phone calls … saying it is my fault, I should be ashamed, I should resign, I should apologize, it is my fault,” a visibly shaken Ms. Brosseau said during a conversation at her Ottawa office.

“I get elbowed in the breast and it hurts. It was very painful.”

Ms. Brosseau, who used to to break up fights as a bartender prior to entering political life as the MP for a Quebec riding, said she never expected to have to deal with a situation like this once becoming a member of Parliament.

“I am a tough woman, I know how to stand up and deal with situations,” she said. “I was just shocked … I was overwhelmed.”

Footage from the Commons television feed showed Mr. Trudeau trying to pull Conservative whip Gord Brown through a crowd of MPs, including Ms. Brosseau, who were milling about in hopes of delaying a vote related to the bill on doctor-assisted dying, C-14.

In so doing, Mr. Trudeau collided with Ms. Brosseau, who could be seen reacting with visible discomfort as Trudeau pushed past her, forcing her against an adjacent desk.

New Democrats reported hearing the prime minister mutter, “‘Get the f--- out of the way.“’

Ms. Brosseau, who teared up several times during the interview, recalled how she felt herself beginning to cry in the immediate aftermath, and decided it would be best if she left the chamber immediately.

“I wasn’t going to go running after the Prime Minister,” she said. “I was shaking … it is completely inappropriate what happened.”

Mr. Trudeau had no right to behave the way he did, she said.

“The Prime Minister intentionally walked over, swore at us, reached between a few members of Parliament to grab the [Conservative] whip … how did he think he wasn’t going to hit anybody else?”

Ms. Brosseau said she has accepted Mr. Trudeau’s multiple apologies in the House, including in the moments immediately afterward as well as the following day, but noted that the Prime Minister has not contacted her directly.

On Thursday, Mr. Trudeau told the Commons he takes “full responsibility” for what happened.

“I sincerely apologize to my colleagues, to the House as a whole and to you Mr. Speaker for failing to live up to a higher standard of behaviour,” he said.

“Members, rightfully, expect better behaviour from anyone in this House. I expect better behaviour of myself.”

Mr. Trudeau said he did not pay sufficient attention to his surroundings before making physical contact with Ms. Brosseau — something he regrets “profoundly.”

Ms. Brosseau said the scrutiny she has received since Wednesday’s encounter has been worse than in 2011, when as a rookie candidate she was publicly ridiculed for travelling to Las Vegas during the election campaign.

“I had a lot of media attention in 2011 and after that, I always wanted to just put my head down and work – and work hard,” she said. “This kind of attention, I didn’t ask for it.”

She also said it remains painful to have to justify what she experienced, adding she feels like she is being attacked from all sides when she insists she did nothing wrong.

“If I was a man and I was hit in the nuts, would we having the same conversation? I don’t know,” Ms. Brosseau said.

“And then [people are asking]: ‘Was she hit hard enough in the breast?’ Do I have justify how hard I was hit in the breast? It doesn’t matter.”

She also said she has seen comments on social media suggesting she is minimizing sexual assaults and rapes. She said she has never made such a correlation. “Rape and sexual assault, domestic violence — those are serious, serious crimes and sadly it happens all too often to women and men across Canada.”

A Liberal-dominated Commons committee will now be tasked with reviewing the conduct of Mr. Trudeau, although Ms. Brosseau said she hasn’t given much thought to what sanctions might be appropriate. “It is just going to be important, moving forward, what happens to make sure something like that does not repeat itself.”
Brosseau the target of personal attacks after Commons tussle - The Globe and Mail

What a joke!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #99

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Suck it up and do your job, princess.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2016, 10:11 AM   #100
My homepage has been set to RS

she says she got hit in the tit and cries like the bitch she is...then says she is tuff and as an ex bartender broke up fights? yeah ok that shit doesnt make sense! Play more of the victim card u sick cunt!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: