REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/computer-tech-gaming-electronics_32/)
-   -   Tv & Internet Options (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708947-tv-internet-options.html)

nabs 02-01-2017 08:27 PM

any thoughts on TekSavvy

tiger_handheld 05-02-2017 09:12 PM

anyone sign up with guurl irl?

thinking of going with one of her deals....

Mr.HappySilp 05-02-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyStyle (Post 8817961)
still in testing phase

no freaking idea why they decided to launch it to the public when there's so many issues on the back end

would not suggest it for now

Novus tested their IPTV system over a year. Did some friendly testing for about 6 months and is slowly doing a rollout. There are still some bugs but those are rare.

What I notice is that with IPTV there are way less issue. Like no issue at all when compare to the old coxial system. However it does have issue with some Sound system or some 4K conventor for some reason.

mos_skeeto 05-03-2017 09:12 AM

Is Novus' IPTV just an android box with an app? Also, any experiences with recording?

Mr.HappySilp 05-03-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mos_skeeto (Post 8839632)
Is Novus' IPTV just an android box with an app? Also, any experiences with recording?

You can record up to 4 shows at once the Hard drive is 1TB. Not much issue so far.

Acura604 12-04-2017 09:13 AM

After many many years with SHAW.... I have bid them farewell. All my promos were ending and my monthly bill was shooting up to $201 for Internet150/Home Phone/TV.

Switched to TELUS... .this is what I got:

Year 1: $116 + tax.

Internet 150 - Fibre Optic connection
Home Phone Lite
TV:
-ESSENTIALS : NBC HD, ABC HD, CBS HD, CBC HD, Global, FOX HD, CTV HD, MuchMusic, GameTV, Omni, YTV
-SPORTS : sportsnet, TSN, NFL network
-PRIME TIME: A&E, AMC, Bravo, Spike, TLC
-LIFESTYLE & BEYOND: Slice, Showcase, W Network, BBC Canada, LifetimeHD
-LIVING: DIY network, Food network, HGTV, OWN, MakeFUL
-EXPLORE: Animal Planet, DTour, Nat Geo Wild, National Geographic, T&E
-WORLD & BEYOND: Space, Discovery, Discovery Science, History, Investigation Discovery
-DESI Starter Pack: blah ... my wife watches this stupid shit....

Year 2: $166 + tax

- simply remove 3 options from above and I can lower it to $145 + tax.

Euro7r 12-04-2017 01:39 PM

^Just signed up with Telus and getting new services installed later this month. Got fed up with Shaw stupid ridiculous rising cost. I've been with them as loyal customer for like 16 years, no loyalty credits. Paying $171 after tax for home line, basic tv and internet 15....Absolute bullshit pricing.

Telus deal I got is, pick 6 x theme packs + internet 75 + home line = $97 per month + tax for year 1. Also got a $200 credit for jumping ships.

Year 2 goes up to $149 + tax.

SSM_DC5 12-04-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euro7r (Post 8875867)
^Just signed up with Telus and getting new services installed later this month. Got fed up with Shaw stupid ridiculous rising cost. I've been with them as loyal customer for like 16 years, no loyalty credits. Paying $171 after tax for home line, basic tv and internet 15....Absolute bullshit pricing.

Telus deal I got is, pick 6 x theme packs + internet 75 + home line = $97 per month + tax for year 1. Also got a $200 credit for jumping ships.

Year 2 goes up to $149 + tax.

Did you try calling into Shaw for a better deal and they offered you nothing? Seems like you should be getting faster internet for that price. They advertise internet 75, medium tv, home phone for $164 per month as regular price.

Does anyone know if Chinese channels are an additional cost for Shaw? I can see it's $10 for regular TV, but I don't see it for bluesky.

Euro7r 12-04-2017 06:23 PM

^They wouldn't budge at all, the price wasn't as high until recents years, they slowly jacked up the price, buck here and buck there, and next thing you know, so high now.

Acura604 12-05-2017 09:41 AM

for me, i got tired of SHAW GATEWAY...slow, laggy, ugly dated interface. BLUESKY seems like a bunch of crap... needed to try something different for a few years.

bcrdukes 12-05-2017 11:29 AM

What did you not like about Blue Sky on Shaw? (Note: I am using OptikTV from Telus.)

Simplex123 12-05-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8876051)
What did you not like about Blue Sky on Shaw? (Note: I am using OptikTV from Telus.)

He probably hasn't even tried because BlueSky does require a 2 year agreement.
The system is actually quite good and loads a lot faster than the gateway system. Voice remote is pretty intuitive and when you're searching for a movie or show it makes it a lot easier because it searches through everything, even Netflix.
If he called and asked nicely they will definitely do something about it especially when you mention Telus. With Shaw and Robelus, you just need to always call and bug them. They're not just gonna automatically add credits onto your account for no reason when your actions (by not calling to complain) show that you're willingly paying that amount.

*disclaimer I work for Shaw but do not sell home services*

bcrdukes 12-05-2017 12:38 PM

Ah, you're right. Thanks for catching that!