REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-23-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Auto Loans and Interest Rates

Never applied for an auto loan outside of a dealership. Just want to see if people are able to get rates comparable to dealerships. I notice on other forums that some people are able to get below 3.9% interest rates even 1.9%. Post what rates you got, length of term, and from which bank/credit union/loaner etc. Thanks!
Advertisement
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:49 AM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
I'd be interested as well... I thought it is very unlikely you get one below dealership though. Doubt they go that low for an auto loan.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:22 AM   #3
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
It depends.

Are you buying a new or used car?

When buying new, the manufacturer will usually have better rates than banks, but you have to keep an eye out and look out for regional and national promotions. The time of year will also make a difference too.

When buying used, again, it depends. Some manufacturers will have factory financing programs on specific model years and are usually sold as certified pre-owned, retaining factory warranty etc. The interest rates can be good, but it pays to shop.

The other option is to talk to your bank for a line of credit, but interest rates depend on your personal circumstances and financial situation. If you post more details about the car you are looking to buy, perhaps people can provide more insight to your question. All in all, there is no one single definite answer to your question. Some people want to take out $20K to buy car parts where some people finance their car because they have two kids and a mortgage.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:10 AM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,282 Times in 489 Posts
A lot also has to do with your credit rating and whatnot as well as how long the term is in general. New could all depend on what model ur shopping for (a base 3 series might have 0.9% whereas any M car is hard to get for less than 3.9% from what I've seen). Also helps if the used car is a CPO, usually ge lower rates that way. At a bank they really look at your rating and what exactly the car will be used for

Tons of factors, what are you specifically looking for in general?
'10 E92 M3 (sold)
'10 ZDX (sold)
'10 STI (sold)
'08 Mazdaspeed 3 (sold)
'04 RSX (sold)
'92 300ZX (sold)
‘94 Ford Probe GT (sold)
bcuzracecarz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #5
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Was looking for 2016 Acura MDX. They are giving a fantastic offer cash only, but not for finance. Not only that but finance rate is 3.9% which I find is kinda high, but I guess that's the rate Honda usually gives. I believe my own credit rating is about 800 so shouldn't be too bad.

Other than that was just generally curious if people are able to get rates lower. I also heard there are auto loan brokers that can get a good rate as well.
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #6
I don't get it

If the posted rate is lower than a LOC you could get at the bank, then going for the bank loan and buying the car out is the best route, because you would be paying interest on the principal amount you require for the car.

However good LOC' rate's from banks/credit unions really do depend on your credit score, if you own a property

LOC's will range from HIGH 2%'s to - 4.5%-+

So if the dealership is lower then the decision is obvious
swiftshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:43 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberR17 View Post
Was looking for 2016 Acura MDX. They are giving a fantastic offer cash only, but not for finance. Not only that but finance rate is 3.9% which I find is kinda high, but I guess that's the rate Honda usually gives. I believe my own credit rating is about 800 so shouldn't be too bad.

Other than that was just generally curious if people are able to get rates lower. I also heard there are auto loan brokers that can get a good rate as well.
inbox messaged you
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:13 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Hell I'm trying to buy a Sienna and the rate is 4.49% =\
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote