REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 05-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
BATTLE ANGEL ALITA

Finally some news. Might as well start with this here... Please James Cameron don't screw this one up:

Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Interesting. Here's more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Angel_Alita

Quote:
The series is set in the post-apocalyptic future and focuses on Alita, a cyborg who has lost all memories and is found in a garbage heap by a cybernetics doctor who rebuilds and takes care of her. She discovers that there is one thing she remembers, the legendary cyborg martial art Panzer Kunst, which leads to her becoming a Hunter Warrior or bounty hunter. The story traces Alita's attempts to rediscover her past and the characters whose lives she impacts on her journey.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:46 AM   #3
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
bump.

I have no real expectations going in since I never read the comics. The only thing I knew going in was the trailers and remembering the manga had a cover with a cyborg girl with angel wings.

it was definitely entertaining. and way more violent than i expected lol.

it had that kinda blockbuster family hero movie hollywood feel good kinda cheezy at some points feel to it, like ready player one or something similar.

Spoiler!

7/10 overall?

but 8.5 for entertainment for sure.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

8/10.

Never read the manga. Friend told me the manga was more dramatic.
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:06 PM   #5
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,290 Times in 2,507 Posts
The manga (of any movie adaptation) is always more dramatic. That medium has way more time and space to develop the story and characters, whereas with movie adaptations, you are limited to at most 2.5 hrs to present your whole story.

TBH, I am already surprised by how much Cameron was able to pack into the movie. No, it didn't precisely follow the original Gunnm story arcs, but much of the essence has been captured, and the storyline generally flows and make sense. As a huge fan of the Gunnm series, I hope Cameron will continue with at least a sequel, if not a trilogy.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:15 PM   #6
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
great action for sho, storyline is pretty decent also
dbox for this movie was a great idea
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote