REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #801
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Spoiler!

Not defending Benning (I question some of his trades... especially the hunter's trade) but I think you're overrating a lot of the draft picks. Yes they are 2nd rounders but so far players picked with those drafts picks has not pan out at all. Just like how people didn't like the ballard trade. Both team lost out on it in the end. Ballard sucked, Bernier sucked, Howden turned out to nothing and signed with the Jets, Grabner sort of carved out a career.

Shows how competitive NHL is. One day you're playing, the next you're gone.

The linden vey trade could've panned out like the Kyle Palmieri trade. Similar size. Devils paid 2nd and 3rd for him. They have similar stats in the AHL but in the NHL, Palmieri played more games in the NHL than Vey. Vey could've became that kind of player for us.

Biggest issue I have so far with benning's drafting is that we don't draft based on scoring. They look for defensive guys, 2 way guys. Draft some damn pure goal scorers. McCann is gone. The next guy who's going to score the most of us will end up being boeser/virtanen.
Advertisement
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:51 PM   #802
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

he probably was infatuated with isbister
Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #803
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Ah that Bertuzzi hangover when they were desperately trying to find that big man with hands and smarts. Isbister, Bernier, Pyatt, Booth, Weise, Kassian... Power forward graveyard.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #804
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Went to the prospects camp scrimmage in Shawnigan tonight. Was pretty good. Surprising amount of hitting and a few big hits. Demko was great, Boeser was kind of hot dogging it, but ended up with 2 nice goals. Juolevi made everything look easy, great hands and vision, quick release but not much power to his shot.

Camp invite Tyler Coulter played very well. 2 goals and the biggest hit of the evening for sure. I definitely felt he was the best that wasn't a big name (Parenteau was also pretty solid).

Mackenze Stewart played defense for the entirety of the scrimmage. You may recall that the Canucks converted him to left wing last summer. That experiment didn't seem to go very well. It didn't seem like he wanted to hit anyone despite lots of hitting in the scrimmage.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:52 PM   #805

what about jasek? he was apparently showing good at beginning of camp again. he die off in the scrimmage?
Old 07-08-2016, 06:56 AM   #806

He was pretty invisible in the scrimmage.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:16 AM   #807
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
and Jakob Stukel?
been hearing about that guy from Social media...ex giant who seemed to be finding his stride with the hitmen

yeah that whole fiasco with Stewart was retarded to begin with. Hopefully he can rebound and be a decent bottom pairing dman at least
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2016, 10:53 AM   #808

Stukel was decent, had a couple of nice plays.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #809

Jonathan Bernier traded to the Ducks for future considerations lol

Seems Canucks are in on Hudler and Vadim Shipachev
Hudler is apparently making his decision today on who he'll sign with
not sure what status of Shipachev's KHL contract is
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 07-08-2016, 11:21 AM   #810
My homepage has been set to RS

Why the hell would the Canucks need Hudler? A 32 year old on the downward trend of his career?
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #811

probably looking for cheap secondary offence
i don't mind Hudler if he can be had for cheap/short term
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #812
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
I can't wait for the opening season game: Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver 2014 Calgary Flames lol
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2016, 12:05 PM   #813

cuz hudler is a playmaker, and when your 2nd and 3rd line is mostly made up of shoot first players it hurts the offense.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #814
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
So if we keep adding wing depth who gets traded or sent down?
Etem? Virtanen?
Old 07-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #815

Hudler was awful in Florida last year.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #816
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
whoever suggests Hudler knows nothing about hockey, he will not fit in with the Canucks

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:04 PM   #817

hudler played witha knee injury last year. think its for the best that virtanen is in the ahl anyways. etem at this point is basically a 13th forward until he actual starts to give a fuck
Old 07-08-2016, 02:41 PM   #818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
whoever suggests Hudler knows nothing about hockey, he will not fit in with the Canucks
72 games with Flames and Panthers
16G 30A 46 pts -1
of all canucks skaters last year those point totals would have him 3rd in team lead after Danny and Hank.

if its a cheap, short term deal, the fit is pretty good...can play centre or wing and can put up 40-50 pts when healthy

On a team in desperate need of secondary scoring, i'd argue he'd fit pretty well with the Canucks.
Assuming they're courting him on a short-term deal, it's the cheapest/safest option to adding some offence without having to give up assets via trade or hoping someone will pick up the slack and put up secondary scoring points.

So why wouldn't he be a good fit?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #819

I wouldn't mind the shrimp on the team...if he can put up points and set up the young guys then by all means! I would rather try and go for the Russian shipachev but who knows where that guys heads at and how much money he would want!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:11 PM   #820

Further proves that the young guys will get less time to improve, and Aquaman is hellbent on making the playoffs.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #821
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Further proves that the young guys will get less time to improve, and Aquaman is hellbent on making the playoffs.
Really the only young guy will be Virtanen, as im sure Horvat is penciled in at either 2nd or 3rd line center. And im sure most here wouldnt mind seeing virtanen spend a year or two in the AHL.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:02 AM   #822

A shitty season would probably do irreversible damage to Virtanen's development. And make no mistake it's gonna be another shitty season coming up.

Regardless of good camp or not I think he shud go back to Utica and spend most if not the entire season there to build on his game. Green is a capable coach who's done a good job in helping Baertschi become a 200 ft player so he'll be in good hands.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:01 AM   #823
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,398 Times in 5,090 Posts
Baertschi played a grand total of 15 games for Utica, I'm not so sure Green had much impact on his development?

Virtanen already has good defensive awareness his Corsi numbers are strong. He just needs to get a feel for where to put himself offensively and how to best use his size..... Oh and maybe not play with plugs.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:57 AM   #824

Plugs are all we got for now tho

I think he'd get more of a feel and more confidence doing that in the A. Definitely more minutes. Willie wont exactly give him a long leash here when the inevitable defensive fuck ups come.

Coulda sworn Baertschi played more...but either way he did praise Green for helping him play a complete game and restore his confidence iirc.

Edit: that was the year Utica went far in the playoffs...he ended up playing 36 games (season and playoffs)

Last edited by 6o4__boi; 07-09-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #825
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
uhh what?
horvat hutton grenier and gaunce are all gillis picks that played for the team last year. rodin is also and will be on the team in october
cassels and subban have a chance in the next couple
other gillis picks in the nhl or played a good amount of games: hodgson, connauton, shinkaruk, schroeder, corrado, jensen

6 drafts but keep in mind this was a time with multiple second round appearences and a finals appearance so high picks were traded away at the deadline and quality of picks were worse 6th overall comapred to 29th
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
Lol
At least he tried
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote