REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Canada Post promises investigation after Halifax mailbox left open all weekend
Concerned resident called Canada Post Friday, box still wide open on Monday

By Blair Rhodes, CBC News Posted: Jun 13, 2016 7:09 PM AT Last Updated: Jun 13, 2016 7:09 PM AT

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...tion-1.3633532

This Canada Post mailbox in Armdale was first discovered left open on Friday. (CBC)

Canada Post has launched an investigation into why a community mailbox in Halifax was left open over the weekend, even after the Crown corporation was told twice by a neighbour who spotted the problem.

"This incident is absolutely unacceptable," spokesman Mouktar Abdillahi wrote in a statement to CBC News.

"We apologize and truly appreciate the diligence of the resident who contacted us, which is exactly what anyone with concerns should do."

Craig Potter spotted the problem Friday afternoon when he went to check his mail at the community mailbox on Stonehaven Street in the suburban Halifax neighbourhood of Armdale.

'Everything in this box is open'

The panel that gives postal workers access to all the individual mailboxes had been left ajar.

"Right now, everything in this box is open," Potter said in an interview early Monday afternoon.

"This is where the delivery person, you can see mail in here. The parcels, if there were any, would be available, someone's Mastercard statement, personal mail."

A total of 16 individual boxes and two larger slots for holding parcels were open.

Potter called Canada Post on Friday afternoon. When nothing had been done by Saturday morning, he called again. When the boxes were still open on Monday, he called CBC.

"It's disappointing to see the, I guess, lack of caring," Potter said.
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #27
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
WAIT, WHAT? WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DO THAT. Purolator blows chunks! they're so bad... ugh amazon, why you gotta screw us like this.
I wouldn't worry too much, they're putting Amazon as top priority to try to keep them happy in hopes to keep them as a customer. As for the not knocking, it's different by each courier, but they are trained to knock/or ring doorbell for when signature isn't required.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #28
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
FIXED
savage
Spoiler!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #29
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
A friend of mine is dealing with a bit of a Canada Post screw up. He ordered something to be delivered to Vancouver. Tracking his package from California, it went from California, to Ontario, across Canada, finally to Richmond...

Then to Alaska and now to Tokyo

LOL
Eff-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:26 PM   #30
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
If you can, get stuff delivered to your work. If it gets delivered to my condo, 90% of the time I'll have to go to the post office to pick it up because it needs signature. There's always someone at reception. I never miss a package.
Doesnt work if your business uses group mailbox located in the industrial park.

Canada Post never deliver package or mail to my business only to the mail room. They leave pickup card in mail box. Whereas fedex or dhl they actually go the extra mile and deliver stuff right to my unit.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:32 PM   #31

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
not here. 90% of Tracking numbers don't work on canadapost tracking website. despite being registered.
Of the ones that do track, it shows the shipment is sitting somewhere for over 2 weeks with no updates.
This has been happening to packages I've sent via canada post to the US the past 1-2 months

Just shows as "package has arrived in foreign country" with no other updates...
Old 06-14-2016, 07:09 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
IMHO CP has some serious internal efficiency issue as well as its pricing algorithm.

I was trying to mail a box of used baby stuff to my friend a while back (when loonie was closer to parity), and it was a whopping $79.xx to ship it from BC to ON as the cheapest option.

I decided against mailing it because it didn't make much sense and the box sit in my trunk. The next day I was in Blaine picking up some stuff and I saw that box. Out of curiosity, I went to the USPS office to get a quote, it was just over U$50 to ship. So I mailed it out just to CP.

To my surprise, the parcel got there in 2 days. That's the moment I realized how deep of a trouble CP was in. How can USPS ships a package to cross the fucking border faster and cheaper than CP does it domestically?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #33
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,922 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
WAIT, WHAT? WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DO THAT. Purolator blows chunks! they're so bad... ugh amazon, why you gotta screw us like this.
Because Amazon doesn't give a shit about customer service any more than UPS does.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:44 PM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

op's mail box is a trash
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-14-2016, 10:38 PM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
I mailed a parcel from Hong Kong to Vancouver on 9 May, and it still has not arrived.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:25 PM   #36
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
IMHO CP has some serious internal efficiency issue as well as its pricing algorithm.

I was trying to mail a box of used baby stuff to my friend a while back (when loonie was closer to parity), and it was a whopping $79.xx to ship it from BC to ON as the cheapest option.

I decided against mailing it because it didn't make much sense and the box sit in my trunk. The next day I was in Blaine picking up some stuff and I saw that box. Out of curiosity, I went to the USPS office to get a quote, it was just over U$50 to ship. So I mailed it out just to CP.

To my surprise, the parcel got there in 2 days. That's the moment I realized how deep of a trouble CP was in. How can USPS ships a package to cross the fucking border faster and cheaper than CP does it domestically?

CP would of been the ones to deliver it once it reached Canada. They also deliver packages for all of the other couriers to remote towns. As for Purolator they are owned by Canada Post
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:46 PM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorkami View Post
CP would of been the ones to deliver it once it reached Canada. They also deliver packages for all of the other couriers to remote towns. As for Purolator they are owned by Canada Post
I know... hence the fuck'd up part. It almost seems that CP cares more about foreign packages than domestic ones.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:22 AM   #38
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Living in a condo, Canada Post package always marked as delivered but only get delivery notice 3 business days after. Even if I'm present at home, same thing. Tracking doesnt even say they leave it at the local post office. I always ended up going to office to pick it up without the notice card. It's a joke really like delivery guy doesn't give a fuck.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #39
I bringith the lowerballerith

Living in a condo, they dont really buzz or knock for parcel, they leave a notice right away regardless of me leaving my buzzer number on the 2nd line of address on all parcels. Good thing is that the guy is consistent on his delivery time so when I am expecting something, I just catch him in person and ask for it. Sometimes they apologize because they know they didnt attempt to contact me before the notice. I don't really mind this.

But the most annoying thing is all the flyers and spam I get. Is there an option to reject it? It's ridiculous how many I get. I sometimes even wonder if its sanctioned by Canada post or if the delivery guy is doing it for side cash from businesses.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #40
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
Living in a condo, they dont really buzz or knock for parcel, they leave a notice right away regardless of me leaving my buzzer number on the 2nd line of address on all parcels. Good thing is that the guy is consistent on his delivery time so when I am expecting something, I just catch him in person and ask for it. Sometimes they apologize because they know they didnt attempt to contact me before the notice. I don't really mind this.

But the most annoying thing is all the flyers and spam I get. Is there an option to reject it? It's ridiculous how many I get. I sometimes even wonder if its sanctioned by Canada post or if the delivery guy is doing it for side cash from businesses.
yes. i noticed that condos in high dense areas tend to get way more junk flyers than my detached house. Im also looking for ways to stop the spam mail. I don't care about savings with stupid coupons or london drugs weekly flyers. Sometimes I just want to seal off my mailbox with concrete so I don't have to deal with canada post but then I wont receive government letters so that's how backwards this stupid country is.
It's fine they don't knock or ring. but now they don't even come out to deliver more than 2 times each week. I just hate them so much
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #41
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
but then I wont receive government letters so that's how backwards this stupid country is.
Yes, it's a stupid country for letting you stay here, you ungrateful cunt. Hope the next government letter tells you to STFU or GTFO!

Quote:
I just hate them so much
Almost as much as just about everyone on RS hates you!

Sorry..... since most of us don't know you personally from a dragon's asshole, we hate the things you say and do. See, I can be nice........

god bless
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 06-15-2016 at 05:35 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #42
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Canada post left a slip that said they will be available at post office X
I went to X the next day and they said never have such parcel
so I went the other day, still no result, and they won't be able to track where it is, but online tracking page indicated delivered
end up calling the office and found they dropped at another post office...........

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #43
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Should change title to "Why is gululu post so bad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:51 PM   #44
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
You want mail everyday? Get someone to send you mail everyday.
Of course you won't get anything if nobody sends you anything.
Seriously some people are stupid
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:14 PM   #45
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
I get stupid real estate brochures in chinese all the fucking time........... maybe I should forward them to gulululololol.........
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #46
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
yes. i noticed that condos in high dense areas tend to get way more junk flyers than my detached house. Im also looking for ways to stop the spam mail. I don't care about savings with stupid coupons or london drugs weekly flyers. Sometimes I just want to seal off my mailbox with concrete so I don't have to deal with canada post but then I wont receive government letters so that's how backwards this stupid country is.
It's fine they don't knock or ring. but now they don't even come out to deliver more than 2 times each week. I just hate them so much
Ok, I live in a condo as well, and I haven't received a single flyer in over 7 YEARS! This is what you do, tape a 'reddotcampaign' sticker to the inside of your mailbox on the bottom edge and that's it! Unfortunately, plenty of other residents get the junk mail and flyers, which just end up in the recycle bin. So, if I really wanted a particular flyer, I just grab whichever one from there.
Killing Junk Mail - The Red Dot Campaign
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote