REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-20-2016, 07:41 AM   #51
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Frankly, it's quite the opposite. Feel free to show up to any Weissach/Porsche of Langley Cars & Coffee event and find out yourself.

I found the Thursday meets were filled with your douchebags in the rusted out Taurus who only want to talk about themselves, thinking they and their cars are *the* big thing.

Fuck that. There's a huge group of genuine enthusiasts who stopped going cause of this exact bullshit and asshattery.
Cuz those guys in the rusted out cars 25 years ago are driving porsches now
Advertisement

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:58 AM   #52
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Man, I remember those meets when it was only a dozen or so people. Hadn't been in a couple years and randomly decided to show up one night last year., mainly because I was in the area and needed to pick something up at Canadian Tire. Thankfully it was in my winter beater (stock Acura EL) because there were roadblocks at every entrance and it took forever to get into the parking lot. It looked like a gong show, watching half the modified cars get denied and turned around.

No, it was never a Revscene meet even though members from here would attend. As far as I can recall, the only actual Revscene meet there was the Connor's Day meet I put together at the last minute a couple years ago. All those other meets were not affiliated with us. That said, as we're the largest visible car club in Vancouver, our name tends to get attached to quite a bit of stuff even if we didn't know about it.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #53
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
The original Thursday night meets were great. Family friendly and just generally a very pleasant crowd to hang out with and shoot the shits.

Then the crazies started rolling in...
I'm glad it's finally been put to an end.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:25 AM   #54
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Frankly, it's quite the opposite. Feel free to show up to any Weissach/Porsche of Langley Cars & Coffee event and find out yourself.

I found the Thursday meets were filled with your douchebags in the rusted out Taurus who only want to talk about themselves, thinking they and their cars are *the* big thing.

Fuck that. There's a huge group of genuine enthusiasts who stopped going cause of this exact bullshit and asshattery.
If they're anything like the Langley Porsche opening meet thing I'd rather remove my nipples with a blowtorch.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #55
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
The meet has happened every week for four years at Burnaby’s Market Crossing Mall. Car enthusiast Chase Nicholson said the gathering steadily grew in popularity over the three years he’s participated.

“It started with five people meeting up there Thursday nights to grab coffee and hang out, talk about cars,” he said “And it’s grown up to the four, five, 600 cars we get weekly now.”
The last three years of this meet are exactly the worst three years. Sure they were the years with the most attendance, but they were also the years where the meet and people got out of control.

If you have only been going to this meet for 3 years, I guarantee you have no recollection of the days when it was only 5 people. Nice try. Even when I started going to those meets which was later in the summer of 2012 and into 2013 the number of people and cars in general was already into the dozens.

People want to front about originating or having been the catalyst of this meet seriously need to go away. No single person can claim fame to this meet. It's a central location and people slowly caught wind of it. I guarantee the beamer/audi/mitsu or whatever other group wants to claim they were there first either were not the first.

There's a handful of people throughout this entire events history we can actually commend for doing the right thing, and two of them are members on here (the others probably are as well, but I'm not sure). Those two people are SWFK and Calbee, they ran the original FB page, and they shut it down when the meets started to get out of control and backed away. That's exactly when the meets were taken over by the goon squad. The original FB page was actually full of pictures and videos people posted, instead of just being a hub for all the latest rumours and drama.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 06-20-2016 at 11:30 AM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2016, 11:47 AM   #56
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
I just wanna take a minute to reminisce one of the best meets I ever had. It was a summer meet at Riverport Silver city. They called out a sushi eating contest and my buddies were like, " You should totally do it!", I'm like Naaah. They egged me on and I finally caved and went up to take my place to eat two cali rolls against 4 other guys. I thought I put those summer school Richmond Sushi raids behind me, but it was calling me back. The raging roll destroyer broke loose and returned.

It started and I ripped through my styrofoam box full of cali rolls and the competitor beside me kept looking at me. The announcer said "Hey stop looking at your opponent and keep going". He said back to the announcer "Dude, the guy's already done!!". The announcer was like "wtf? umm, yeah we have a winner, 4 other guys were still about 3/4 of the way through their first caliroll. I raging demon'd that mother fucker to oblivion, 29 hit combo finisher. One of my university buddy's was like FUCKIN' MONSTER KILLLLLLLLLL.

Then I won 2 gift vouchers for Ebisu. Those were the days. Those were awesome days. I miss those days where it was about having fun. It's like, car enthusiast pull together to focus mainly on other things besides how much they modded their car.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #57
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
If they're anything like the Langley Porsche opening meet thing I'd rather remove my nipples with a blowtorch.
I will admit, there are a lot of pompous asses with that circle.

But while douchebags are irritating, the self-jerking heatscore is even worse.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:46 PM   #58
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Actually Market Crossing is infringing on our ancestoral lands. My Pobi ran a welding shop (Hobarts) in that area in the 1950's.
Kure GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #59
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
That opening thing was brutal, because they want people to come that are going to blow 150k on a new loaded cayenne turbo, because thats how they make real money.
The cars and coffee at porsche langley I've been to, I've probably had as many people come up to me to talk about my shitty 90s purple z24 lookalike as I have approached to ask them about their caged gt3s and early longhood 911s. These guys aren't who I'd call elitist, they are a lot more welcoming than a bunch of buddy bros vaping in front of their clapped out 240s.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:53 PM   #60
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Well that sucks. Just when I finally got a car ready to bring to meets, the whole scene gets shut down. That being said, never been to a meet in my life, and big crowds usually aren't my thing.

I rather have a small car/coffee meet. Less people, less chances of douchery.
Not sure where to go for meets now. I'm not even in any meet group. Got no leads
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:04 PM   #61
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
Maybe now that the Thursday night Byrne meets aren't happening, we can finally get some people together at Byrne to grab a drink and chat cars.
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2016, 09:07 PM   #62
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

I rather have a small car/coffee meet.
I'm not sure if you'd like cars and coffee then.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:40 PM   #63
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'm not sure if you'd like cars and coffee then.
How many cars are there?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:33 AM   #64
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Lol good times when the meet was small enough that we'd meet on rainy nights. If we had 8 cars we'd say "Yo guys great turn out!"

Me, Jack, Calbee, and David

Old fb group was great. The current one is like Craigslist and the suggestions they have for new locations are hilarious.

I think BC Bimmers were there before us but they met up at McDonalds while we met up at Tim's. Was small enough to be separate.
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #65
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Potato picture of when we use to meet at starbucks on the other side and then moved to the other starbucks when that one closed for the night.
May 2009
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote