REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #1
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 2,279 Times in 827 Posts
Telepark?

Anyone have any issues with Telepark?

I ride my motorcycle to Harrison Hot Springs today, I park and go the machine. I register my phone and plate on my bike then I call from my phone as instructed everything all good, says to call back when I leave. I'm gone for maybe 30 minutes, I take a piss have a bottle of water and enjoy the sun. When I come back there is a ticket on my bike for $100, I'm like wtf is this shit? I walk up the machine, call the number again it say's it's ending my parking stay.

I go home I have a charge on my visa of $30.35. it's suppose to be $2.00 an hour. So not only did they overcharge me by like 1500% they gave me a ticket for $100. I tried calling the Need help number but there closed. What a bunch of morons. When I call tomorrow I'm going to be salty as fuck, if they don't refund $28.35 of the $30.25 and cancel the ticket I don't even care, I'll call my Credit Card and get them to reverse it. Such fucking bullshit.

Edit: Looking at the ticket it's from a different parking company? Not sure how that works I parked right in front of the meter that I called so looks like I have to deal with two entity's tomorrow. One that overcharged me for parking and on that gave me a ticket for not displaying a reciept when they give you the option to pay by phone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parking Rates.jpg (28.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ticket.jpg (17.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg RBC.jpg (60.1 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 06-26-2016 at 02:45 PM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:31 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I use https://www.paybyphone.com/ all the time around Vancouver and outsides but never had any problems... never seen Telepark anyway around Vancouver areas
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #3
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
Kim ain't gonna be happy paying that ticket

on topic: if you have the receipt showing you paid, RBC is pretty good about reversing the chargeback.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2016, 04:39 PM   #4
Zombie Mod

Thanked 4,403 Times in 1,278 Posts
I think it's backwards having to state that you're ending your parking. It should be pre-pay like everywhere else. A text can be sent to you when parking is about to expire.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:45 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,318 Posts
Pay by Phone App FTW
Old 06-26-2016, 04:56 PM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 2,279 Times in 827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I think it's backwards having to state that you're ending your parking. It should be pre-pay like everywhere else. A text can be sent to you when parking is about to expire.
No doubt, the dumbest part is the ticket says I didn't display a stub showing I paid..........Well no shit, I paid by phone and I left my printer at home. I would hope they would have a way to see who's paid? It's that or they write everyone who pays by phone a ticket and the burden is now on them to show they paid? I don't know I've never had an issue paying with my phone downtown.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2016, 05:45 PM   #7
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Dispute it with the company. Some meter maid are stupid like that. Happened to me once before. Should be easy just tell them the invoice # or the RBC banking transaction number if you tossed the receipt.

Not sure why it overcharges you, that 30 could be a pre-auth.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:24 PM   #8
MOD

Thanked 7,100 Times in 1,842 Posts
so they ticket was not from the city? private contractor like impark or something?

Had issue with paybyphone, phone says paid, but when city checked their system the plate did not show up

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote