REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:49 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

assistive tool for wheel changes - need your feedback

Just developed an assistive tool that makes it easier to change your wheels. It's mainly for those who works with larger wheels and finds mounting wheels on the wheel hub challenging. It's called the WheelAssist - please visit our website at thewheelassist.com for more product info.

Let me know if this tool might be useful to you. Thanks!
Advertisement
nsxtasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:46 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
I understand what it does but I don't see how appealing it would be to actually buy one.

Is this targeting shops or average folks? If it's the latter, you might want to rethink how often would people actually change their wheels. For me, it's twice a year (Summer/Winter) and even though it's a bit bothersome to lift them up, I don't think it's enough for me to consider a big chunk of equipment sitting there. Maybe I don't rotate my tires often enough, but still... how many people would rotate them often enough to justify your product?

For commercial purpose, I think the design needs a bit more work as it creates little value to shops for them to consider it. Shops consider time as premium, not labor. If their technicians need to sweat more, so be it. You would want your tool to save time, not adding comfort.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:05 AM   #3
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Overcomplicates what a pry bar does, just fine (for HD truck wheels). I've never needed help putting a regular car wheel on.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:45 AM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
I work in a tire shop. I would have absolutely no use for this except for heavy European SUV wheels (they use lug bolts Instead of lug nuts and studs like a usdm/jdm car)

... But then I just use a wheel hanger. Cost $2? and is faster than your setup. Sorry guy

Old 07-04-2016, 11:27 AM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
I had an SUV 4x4 that went from 32" swampers to 34".
Once the vehicle was lifted just enough it took no effort to wiggle the tire off and once off just roll the tire away. Bring the new on in, roll it up, turn it sideways and wiggle itself back into position. Those tires aren't light and they're done with ease.

I could possibly see this catering to older people who would try to make things as easy as possible for them. Majority of older people under 50 could easily do the job without.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #6
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
I'm having a hard time seeing who would be capable of lifting the tires to store them or load them on this tool but not be capable of putting it on the car.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote