REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #26
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
And I am sure trump will make some stupid statements about keeping black out.... which only makes it worse.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #27
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
This is what it is like in the US.

Can't get much more racist than that can you?

Berz out.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
USA is fucked atm

legit fucked

shambles.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:56 AM   #29
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
This is what it is like in the US.
https://youtu.be/YXv2Pjtc3Zk

Can't get much more racist than that can you?

Berz out.
playing devil's advocate here: in order for that to be a proper comparison wouldn't it have to be in the same area of town with the same cops? the cops with the black dude may have acted the same way regardless of who was carrying an AR15, and that area by the 7-11 could be a crime ridden neighbourhood... just sayin'.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Why isn't this being deemed a terrorist attack?
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-08-2016, 02:01 PM   #31
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Group hasn't being called out,police interviewed the suspect before they blew him up with mobile IED said he was acting Solo.....who knows if thats true,police were going to every apartment on the block looking for suspects
Old 07-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #32

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/andrewfrisella?fref=ts

watch the first video at the top. also, if you dont follow this guy on social media already, you should.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #33
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
the problem is the significance of this, and the new york shootings last year, and the few more that are sure to pop up as this turns into a trend. its going to lead to way more police shootings as the police are going to be way more on edge
Old 07-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #34
I STILL don't get it

Mean while in Canada....

Ottawa police officer filmed busting a move on Canada Day - Ottawa - CBC News
Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #35
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

It may be lawful but it's idiotic someone can walk down the street carrying an AR15. Also I agree with Glow that using two random pieces of evidence doesn't show a trend of racism. I believe I've seen the first part of the video before and I think the officer mentions he is ex military so I'm fairly sure training also played a large part of how the situations were handled.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2016, 04:48 PM   #36
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
too many copy cats out there watching it unfold.....this is sickening knowing that.
There have already been a number of incidents since the Dallas incident, too many morons out there

Authorities: Highway gunman motivated by police shootings

Quote:
BRISTOL, Tenn. (AP) — A man accused of shooting indiscriminately at passing cars and police on a Tennessee highway told investigators he was angry about police violence against African-Americans, authorities said Friday.

One woman died and three others, including one police officer, were injured in the rampage early Thursday morning rampage. Meanwhile, police say officers have also been targeted in Georgia and Missouri in the aftermath of two high-profile killings of black men by law enforcement and the Dallas attack that left five officers dead and seven more wounded.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said in a news release that initial conversations with the suspect, 37-year-old Lakeem Keon Scott, revealed he was troubled by several incidents across the U.S.

Scott, who is black, was wounded in the shootout with police, remains hospitalized and has not yet been charged. All those shot were white, police confirmed.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation alleges Scott — armed with an assault rifle, a pistol and a large amount of ammunition — fired shots through the window of the Days Inn on Volunteer Parkway.

The front desk clerk, Deborah Watts, was struck and injured. Days Inn owner Kiran Patel said he awoke to the sound of gunfire. His wife called the front desk to see what happened, Watts answered and said she'd been shot. She remains in the hospital in serious but stable condition.

The gunman then turned his fire to cars passing on the highway, investigators say.

Newspaper carrier Jennifer Rooney, a 44-year-old mother of two, was on her way to pick up papers for the morning delivery when a bullet struck her. The Bristol Herald-Courier reported that her car careened over a median and crashed through a chain link fence.

David Whitman Davis was also injured by flying glass from the gunfire, the TBI said.

Three officers with the Bristol Tennessee Police Department arrived and confronted Scott, who fired on them.

Office Matthew Cousins was hit in the leg. He was treated for superficial injuries and released.

Scott was stuck by the officers returning fire. He remains in the hospital in serious but stable condition.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said the investigation is ongoing as they work to understand the shooter's motive.

The shooting spree in Tennessee began around 2:20 a.m. Thursday on the heels of the fatal shootings of black men in Minnesota and Louisiana. Later Thursday night, 12 officers were shot in Dallas during a Black Lives Matter protest by a man who police say declared he was angry about police shootings of black men and wanted to exterminate whites. Five of the officers died.

The shootings are part of a spate of attacks on officers across the U.S. In south Georgia, police said one officer was ambushed Friday when he came to an apartment complex to investigate a report of a break-in. Another officer was fired upon by a motorist north of Atlanta. And just outside St. Louis, police say an officer was ambushed during a traffic stop.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #37
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
On CNN guests were calling it terrorism but some were dissenting to that because the guy wasn't Muslim ROFL smh

The guests calling it terrorism won the argument tho, but still, it's ridiculous how the definition has changed over the years, even dictionary definitions
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2016, 11:58 PM   #38
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
CNN had a black cop on and he said he was scared of the police when he was off duty. That's how messed up the US is.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2016, 01:24 AM   #39

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
Group hasn't being called out,police interviewed the suspect before they blew him up with mobile IED said he was acting Solo.....who knows if thats true,police were going to every apartment on the block looking for suspects
Perhaps true, but the perpetrator doesn't have to be affiliated with a known group or any group for that matter to be classified as a terrorist.

Today, it's far too easy and (in my opinion) common, for a lunatic who has a personal agenda to burn the world down to say they are acting out because they're aligned with a particular terrorist group.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #40

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
How can you feel safe as a black person in Eastern USA right now? 2 Police murders with zero resistance or reason.
323 million people in the country, 2 people get killed and everyone freaks out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
CNN had a black cop on and he said he was scared of the police when he was off duty. That's how messed up the US is.
The whole country is messed up because one of the crappiest news networks found 1 guy that's scared?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #41
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Outside of left wing media reports, I'm sure that there are many white people shot daily by police no? Lol

How about Lives matter instead of BLM? As I've always said, it's easy for a white Canadian to say, but fuck, imo every time you keep puting this fucking "black" label on everything, it's just increasing the divide.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #42
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,219 Times in 1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Outside of left wing media reports, I'm sure that there are many white people shot daily by police no? Lol

How about Lives matter instead of BLM? As I've always said, it's easy for a white Canadian to say, but fuck, imo every time you keep puting this fucking "black" label on everything, it's just increasing the divide.
Police kill more whites than blacks. Fact.

Quote:
The Alton Sterling and Philando Castile shootings have caused an uproar among leftists because they fuel their narrative that racist white police officers are hunting down innocent black men. But the statistics – brought to light by the superb work of Heather MacDonald – tell a different story.

Here are five key statistics you need to know about cops killing blacks.

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to MacDonald in a speech at Hillsdale College.

Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 13 percent of the population. But as MacDonald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.

"Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force," writes MacDonald.

MacDonald also pointed out in her Hillsdale speech that blacks "commit 75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime" in New York City, even though they consist of 23 percent of the city's population.

"The black violent crime rate would actually predict that more than 26 percent of police victims would be black," MacDonald said. "Officer use of force will occur where the police interact most often with violent criminals, armed suspects, and those resisting arrest, and that is in black neighborhoods."

2. More whites and Hispanics die from police homicides than blacks. According to MacDonald, 12 percent of white and Hispanic homicide deaths were due to police officers, while only four percent of black homicide deaths were the result of police officers.

"If we’re going to have a 'Lives Matter' anti-police movement, it would be more appropriately named "White and Hispanic Lives Matter,'" said MacDonald in her Hillsdale speech.

3. The Post's data does show that unarmed black men are more likely to die by the gun of a cop than an unarmed white man...but this does not tell the whole story. In August 2015, the ratio was seven-to-one of unarmed black men dying from police gunshots compared to unarmed white men; the ratio was six-to-one by the end of 2015. But MacDonald points out in The Marshall Project that looking at the details of the actual incidents that occurred paints a different picture:

The “unarmed” label is literally accurate, but it frequently fails to convey highly-charged policing situations. In a number of cases, if the victim ended up being unarmed, it was certainly not for lack of trying. At least five black victims had reportedly tried to grab the officer’s gun, or had been beating the cop with his own equipment. Some were shot from an accidental discharge triggered by their own assault on the officer. And two individuals included in the Post’s “unarmed black victims” category were struck by stray bullets aimed at someone else in justified cop shootings. If the victims were not the intended targets, then racism could have played no role in their deaths.

In one of those unintended cases, an undercover cop from the New York Police Department was conducting a gun sting in Mount Vernon, just north of New York City. One of the gun traffickers jumped into the cop’s car, stuck a pistol to his head, grabbed $2,400 and fled. The officer gave chase and opened fire after the thief again pointed his gun at him. Two of the officer’s bullets accidentally hit a 61-year-old bystander, killing him. That older man happened to be black, but his race had nothing to do with his tragic death. In the other collateral damage case, Virginia Beach, Virginia, officers approached a car parked at a convenience store that had a homicide suspect in the passenger seat. The suspect opened fire, sending a bullet through an officer’s shirt. The cops returned fire, killing their assailant as well as a woman in the driver’s seat. That woman entered the Post’s database without qualification as an “unarmed black victim” of police fire.

MacDonald examines a number of other instances, including unarmed black men in San Diego, CA and Prince George's County, MD attempting to reach for a gun in a police officer's holster. In the San Diego case, the unarmed black man actually "jumped the officer" and assaulted him, and the cop shot the man since he was "fearing for his life." MacDonald also notes that there was an instance in 2015 where "three officers were killed with their own guns, which the suspects had wrestled from them."

4. Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. This is according to a Department of Justice report in 2015 about the Philadelphia Police Department, and is further confirmed that by a study conducted University of Pennsylvania criminologist Gary Ridgeway in 2015 that determined black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to MacDonald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Despite the facts, the anti-police rhetoric of Black Lives Matter and their leftist sympathizers have resulted in what MacDonald calls the "Ferguson Effect," as murders have spiked by 17 percent among the 50 biggest cities in the U.S. as a result of cops being more reluctant to police neighborhoods out of fear of being labeled as racists. Additionally, there have been over twice as many cops victimized by fatal shootings in the first three months of 2016.

Anti-police rhetoric has deadly consequences.
5 Statistics You Need To Know About Cops Killing Blacks | Daily Wire

I suggest clicking the link ^ because there's embedded links that take you to more reports that completely contradict BLM's entire MO. Between BLM and other SJW style movements, society is regressing, not progressing. The black on black violence is insanity right now. Look at Chicago...

In my factual opinion, this is the only Black Label that matters

Spoiler!
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2016, 09:43 AM   #43
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

FBI investigating after cellphone video shows police fatally shooting unarmed man in Fresno - LA Times

unarmed white kid got killed by the police, two while standing and two while laying on the ground.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:14 AM   #44
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
its no doubt that police have become, or maybe we're just noticing more, very lax in their use of force, even here at home, we've all heard the stories and seen the videos.

like the recent video release of the UBC student beating (from 5yrs ago tho) because the transit officer didn't believe the name he was given was real, an officer that failed his use of force test and the question on when to deploy a baton. (he's been on admin leave for 5 years sucking up our tax dollars)

the thing is the only way to really get bs like this to stop happening is to be loud, and the BLM group are doing just that, albeit they're only concerned for Blacks, but why should they be inclusive? why put them down for being concerned with Black lives only? there are all sorts of groups out there which aren't inclusive and no one bats an eye.. instead of working against a group trying to stop violence, you should be protesting any and all unjust police use of force, start an All Lives Matter group then, and invite the BLM reps

unless you dont think there's a use of force problem... but then you shouldn't be nitpicking the BLM for having the B
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Police kill more whites than blacks. Fact.

5 Statistics You Need To Know About Cops Killing Blacks | Daily Wire

Here are five key statistics you need to know about cops killing blacks.

1. Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015.
Only wtice ans many whites?: White people make up 62.5 percent of the population. Blacks only 13.2 percent. So blacks are killed at a much higher rate than whites.

The guy killed in Minnesota was pulled over for a broken tail light. But guess what his tail light was not broken. The cop just pulled him over because he was black and blacks are always up to no go. The stop was 100% B.S.

Also DWB driving while black is real ABC News PrimeTime Live proved it a long time ago.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #46

Last edited by Manic!; 07-09-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #47
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

[QUOTE=Manic!;8770729]

The guy killed in Minnesota was pulled over for a broken tail light. But guess what his tail light was not broken. The cop just pulled him over because he was black and blacks are always up to no go. The stop was 100% B.S.[quote/]

^^^You wanna know another fact about him? He was a sex offender and had a history of Assaults. Juuust saying...
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #48

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
I think the main issue here is the culture of specific Police departments.

The key is getting the good/neutral police to put pressure on the force to do something about the bad police. Many investigations into Police wrong doing reveal that there is typically a culture of complacency and blue brotherhood where even if one officer doesn't approve of the conducts of another, they won't say anything.

You have to remember in the states, outside of major metro areas, a lot of the officers are simply "deputized" people who might have been working at home depot selling lumber the week before (Many of them probably related or friends with the Sheriff etc). In major metro areas there it is now common that police recruits must attend significant training or apply after completing police science programs etc.

Pretty sad though, one guy is shot directly in the heart by Police while laying on his back pinned against a car... and then a number of officers, who were probably very good people are killed in an act of vengeance.

I still Murica and would happily move there.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:24 AM   #49

[quote=E-SPEC;8770733]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

The guy killed in Minnesota was pulled over for a broken tail light. But guess what his tail light was not broken. The cop just pulled him over because he was black and blacks are always up to no go. The stop was 100% B.S.[quote/]

^^^You wanna know another fact about him? He was a sex offender and had a history of Assaults. Juuust saying...
Wanna make up some more B.S. lies.

Gun Safety and Sex Offenders

Quote:
Federal law prohibits persons convicted of a felony, including sex offenders, from either possessing or purchasing guns.
He had a license to carry meaning he was never convicted of anything.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:33 AM   #50
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote