REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #51
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
323 million people in the country, 2 people get killed and everyone freaks out?

The whole country is messed up because one of the crappiest news networks found 1 guy that's scared?
Are you just being a dick?

2 people THIS WEEK. What about the 20 years preceding this without social media to show it? There are hundred if not thousands of documented cases of black men being killed by police.

Berz out.
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2016, 11:46 AM   #52
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
The issue is this is happening over and over and over again and things are not changing... yes two people the past week but this is happening day after day with no change in sight.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #53
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Some idiot just walked into a BLM march in Arizona with a trump sign.

skip to 1:11:33

Last edited by Manic!; 07-09-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:05 PM   #54
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

The guy killed in Minnesota was pulled over for a broken tail light. But guess what his tail light was not broken. The cop just pulled him over because he was black and blacks are always up to no go. The stop was 100% B.S.
^^^You wanna know another fact about him? He was a sex offender and had a history of Assaults. Juuust saying...
he works in a school cafeteria... so yeah.. no
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
he works in a school cafeteria... so yeah.. no
Thats just E-spec making up B.S. it's not the first time.

Last edited by Manic!; 07-09-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #56
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
This is what it is like in the US.
https://youtu.be/YXv2Pjtc3Zk

Can't get much more racist than that can you?

Berz out.
but noticed how the black guy was peacefully put on cuff and wasn't shot or beat up when he complied with the police order?
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
but noticed how the black guy was peacefully put on cuff and wasn't shot or beat up when he complied with the police order?
But why was he arrested in the first place. They had no reason to detain him.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:13 PM   #58
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Why do people get so butt hurt if an organization or a movement wants to make their message about their own people and their own struggles?

How does Black Lives Matter "campaign" effect your day to day life in anyway? If you don't understand why BLM is significant and why it's okay to have a movement to help aid the progress of one particular race, then you don't understand the history of systemic violence, abuse, corruption and discrimination against blacks.

I especially love the "but what about the...." Arguments people raise. If you want to raise money/donations for a particular group or have a vigil for another group go right ahead. It's so easy today to sit on the internet and cry about everything and not take any action.

Last edited by parm104; 07-11-2016 at 08:40 AM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2016, 05:15 PM   #59
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Because its not really about "black lives matter." If black lives really mattered, the protestors would be protesting in cities like Chicago and Baltimore where there is an overwhelming amount of blacks killing other black people; way more than the amount of whites (or cops) killing blacks. Yes, there are a few examples of cops being racist and basically killing a few black people in cold blood, but there's other ways in addressing this problem where going out and killing innocent police officers isn't one of them.

A lot of their protests just make the movement lack any credibility and makes it look like a joke. I.e in Toronto, where BLM interrupts the gay pride parade, make demands and throw a tantrum until they get what they wanted. How are they going to get any legitimacy if they keep doing things like this?

Last edited by ray666; 07-09-2016 at 07:27 PM.
ray666 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #60
I subscribe to Revscene

I bet you think the US is not raciest because Obama is half black...tell us do you think blacks deserve equal justice? Like equal policing and judges?
To so arrogantly say blacks should protest black on black killings (where drugs are always in the equation)... how about going up the food chain with blacks protesting the ZioAmerican empire that is systematically behind all the misery in the world.
Did you know drugs grow on trees? Well they do and all out of ZioAmerican occupied countries like Afghanistan and Columbia.

edit
hsbc bank, behind our famed Vancouver fireworks and its ads on this forum.. theyve been caught red handed funneling ludicrous amounts of drug money... but you dont hear that on the 6 oclock news.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 07-09-2016 at 08:22 PM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2016, 11:40 PM   #61

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Are you just being a dick?

2 people THIS WEEK. What about the 20 years preceding this without social media to show it? There are hundred if not thousands of documented cases of black men being killed by police.

Berz out.
Link to this documentation? How many of those cases were excessive force, and how many were justified?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:27 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Link to this documentation? How many of those cases were excessive force, and how many were justified?
They where all justified because the cop said so. All a cop has to say is he felt threatened and he gets off. That's the who point of these demonstrations. It's only been the last few years where video camera's have become common. Before that it was the cops word against a dead person. Even if the person survived who is going to talk the word of a black person over a cop.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:59 AM   #63
Need to Seek Professional Help

The plot thickens a little as more information is being released.

Apparently Castile was wanted for an armed robbery two days prior and that's why the COP pulled the car over.

In the video the woman is saying that they were pulled over for a busted tail light, as this was what the police told them when they pulled them over to investigate Castile.

The media reported at first that Castile had a concealed weapons permit, which is now known to be untrue, and that he identified the firearm to the officer.

The police are now saying this is also untrue and that a firearm is visible on Castile's lap in the video (I can't verify this however), which is why the officer shot the man.

We won't really know what happened until the police release the dash cam footage, if they decide too.

Its too hard to judge a video taken after the incident occurred.

ANOTHER Media Narrative Fail: Castile Had Gun in His Lap, Failed to Comply to Do Not Move Order, Was Wanted for Robbery (VIDEO)

Also wanted to post this video. People fail to realize how hard it is being a COP especially in the US where at any moment someone could be armed and willing to use it against you.

Never has it been a tougher time to be a COP in the States with the media narrative that COPS are evil.

Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-10-2016, 09:14 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
The plot thickens a little as more information is being released.

Apparently Castile was wanted for an armed robbery two days prior and that's why the COP pulled the car over.

In the video the woman is saying that they were pulled over for a busted tail light, as this was what the police told them when they pulled them over to investigate Castile.

The media reported at first that Castile had a concealed weapons permit, which is now known to be untrue, and that he identified the firearm to the officer.

The police are now saying this is also untrue and that a firearm is visible on Castile's lap in the video (I can't verify this however), which is why the officer shot the man.

We won't really know what happened until the police release the dash cam footage, if they decide too.

Its too hard to judge a video taken after the incident occurred.

ANOTHER Media Narrative Fail: Castile Had Gun in His Lap, Failed to Comply to Do Not Move Order, Was Wanted for Robbery (VIDEO)

Also wanted to post this video. People fail to realize how hard it is being a COP especially in the US where at any moment someone could be armed and willing to use it against you.

Never has it been a tougher time to be a COP in the States with the media narrative that COPS are evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2-NEo3NVU
So days after the shooting when the cop has had plenty of time to talk to a lawyer the story changes. That's standard procedure after a cop shooting. Dirtying up the dead victim is standard . So now they say he was wanted in a robbery? Let me guess the description of the suspect was young black male. Also the article linked above says he did not apply for a gun permit with the local he does not have to it's state issued. That would be like having to apply car car insurance in every city you drive. According to multiple sources he had a gun permit issued in a place called Robbinsdale.

Philando Castile had permit to carry gun when he was shot - StarTribune.com

Philando Castile had valid permit for gun when he was killed.

Look at the video do you see a gun on his lap.

This was Philando's 53 time he had been pulled over buy the cops in 14 years. That's fucking nuts.

Breaking news: Report: Philando Castile Pulled Over Because He Matched Description of Suspect With ‘Wide Set Nose

https://www.theroot.com/articles/new...minutes-later/

Put money on it he had nothing to do with the robbery. Eastwood you down for a $50 bet?
Old 07-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #65
Need to Seek Professional Help

I don't know what happened nor did I imply I did. Its not as cut and dry as it seems.

The media always takes the narrative that COPS are evil and we don't have conclusive evidence of what happened yet.

All we have is footage after the incident occurred.

I'm not defending the guy who got killed and I'm not defending the police officer, because the truth is I don't know and neither do you.
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2016, 10:01 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
I don't know what happened nor did I imply I did. Its not as cut and dry as it seems.

The media always takes the narrative that COPS are evil and we don't have conclusive evidence of what happened yet.

All we have is footage after the incident occurred.

I'm not defending the guy who got killed and I'm not defending the police officer, because the truth is I don't know and neither do you.
You see no gun in the video, cop does not claim he took the gun. Did it just vanish because the cop says it was on his lap.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #67
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,709 Posts
It blows my mind, how can anyone argue the side of police officers in these scenarios? What's wrong with simply acknowledging there is a problem? It broke my heart watching that video, the way the police were pointing their guns and screaming at the woman when she was getting out of the car, with the child in the backseat like that. What kind of threat did they think she was at that point? The problem here is the police culture. Another problem is that they're recruiting these ex-military kids who are coming back from Irag and Afghanistan with this shoot-first mentality.

To add to this you employ men who have no relation to the communities they're policing, how are you going to have empathy for a person who doesn't look, or come from the same community as you? How can some people who comment on this situation be so ignorant to history? Has this new generation never seen the photo's and videos of how officers treated blacks with impunity in the 60's, 70's and 80's, and even 90's? There are officers and commissioners that are still working and influencing practice in departments from that time to this day. How can you not deny that this is a systemic issue within the departments themselves?

What happened to using communication to dissolve a situation? In my previous capacity I worked in corrections, you would be the sole guard on a prison pod of 60 other inmates, you were never armed with a weapon. You would have to use your words, and common sense to protect yourself and keep calm in a situation, your training was specific to that. Policing doesn't even tank in the Top 10 of dangerous jobs in the US, so why are these officers acting like this, if you are afraid, than don't do the damn job.

And can we please put to dead two of the worst arguments about this whole thing? The argument that blacks shoot blacks more, or that officers shoot white people more than blacks.

Both arguments are invalid. The first argument is invalid because let's be real here, whites shoot whites more than blacks shoot whites, that's the case with crime across the board, we commit crimes to those who live within our communities. Guess what, when a woman is killed, who do you think 9 times out of 10 is the perp? The Spouse. We hurt the one's who we are closest to. Gang violence in terms of black on black shootings is a product of the environment. No one is saying that crime between blacks isn't an issue, but that is a socioeconomic one that is separate to this problem here, apples to oranges.

Furthermore you must also take into account why these types of crimes are able to exist between blacks in these communities. If there is decades of systematic abuse from Police who are supposed to be protecting the community, is there is a fear of police, than how can you have a safe community? It's a self fulfilling prophesy, if you don't trust the police, why would you call them? In turn, crimes will persist within that community.

That second argument of white being shot more often by cops than blacks. That's also a tongue in cheek argument that doesn't carry weight, you are going only by pure statistics in terms of people being shot. The population of whites within the US is roughly 75%, with blacks carrying a population of roughly 12%. In order to properly relay the statistic you must take the number of whites shot by police in relation to the general population, the same with blacks. When you actually take that stat into account, you will find that blacks are shot and killed more than twice the amount that whites are shot by police.

Either way I put it like this, it's very easy for us to not feel sympathy or regard for someone who does not look like us, or come from the same community. I ask you this though, when you see these shootings, how would you feel if one of these people was your friend, or family? Would you have not wanted the officer involved to take more time to diffuse the situation? Would you not want to see the situation handled differently, rather than having a dead friend of family member as a result of a simple road stop, or selling CD's outside of a corner store? Of course you would, so think about it for a second.

This short video is very telling of the issue here:

One thing to note, did anyone find it interesting how this shooter in Dallas was killed? with a remote bomb? I'm pretty sure that the first time the police have used a robot controlled remote bomb to kill a perp. I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but something bugs me about that, sets an interesting president.

Nonetheless it's very unfortunate these officers were shot, but at the same time, what do you expect? How long can poke a dog until it bites?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-10-2016, 11:58 AM   #68

Blowing the guy up was straight up murder/revenge.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #69
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
The real social war is about wealth and power, not race or gender. Greed is an element of human nature, it doesn't give a fuck about race or gender. As long as you have wealth and power, you're in the club. All this SJW crap does is categorize and seperate people and we end up fighting each other. Those at the top are more than happy to sit back with the widening wealth gap while we point the finger at each other rather than at them.

Yes violent crime is higher among blacks. They aren't, by nature, more violent. They exist in a hostile environment which those with wealth and power have created. The system is rigged, and people are starting to realise it.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #70
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Blowing the guy up was straight up murder/revenge.
Not necessarily. This is a post I read from someone who posted on reddit.

Food for thought:
-The use of deadly force was justified by several factors: The suspect's actions (murder and aggravated assault) and his threats (bombs, end-of-times, refusal to submit) and his continued gun battle with law enforcement.

-This was not a "short amount of time". The standoff lasted about 5 hours, which is a long time for active aggression to be directed towards the public without coming under control. Remember, we are protectors of the peace. Peace was not possible under this scenario with his continued presence and action. There are factors one can think of, but not control. Wait til he passes out? What if he's on amphetamines. Etc.

-The use of other means of force was probably not possible in a safe manner. He had a defensible position in a concrete elevated structure and was armed with a rifle and reports of body armor at the time. He also stated there were bombs planted. That pretty much eliminates using personnel. As a parking structure, vehicle height was probably limited to 8'. Most Bearcats and other police APCs are much taller than that and probably would not fit, so there wasn't a better way to approach him.

-Once the legal use of force is justified, most lawyers will agree the manner in -which it is applied (gun, knife or bomb) does not matter. LE has to justify the possession and use of explosives to the ATF just like civilians do. The use of a bomb is weird to us in America, but likely entirely proper.
ray666 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2016, 10:47 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
It blows my mind, how can anyone argue the side of police officers in these scenarios? What's wrong with simply acknowledging there is a problem?
I don't think those same people recognize that there is a fundamental difference between a police officer killing an unarmed man and a gangbanger killing a gangbanger or innocent man, REGARDLESS of colour.

When a citizen commits a murder they are acting under no power or delegation granted to them by the government. However, a peace officer, a corrections officer or anyone else operating under the colour of law is provided with special powers and authority to protect and serve the general public. Absolutely every murder by the police should be examined and determined whether it was appropriate and no you cannot compare a police officer shooting a man to a gangbanger or common citizen killing another member of our society.

Blue shield is real and many people have it. These same people think that either you're with the police or you're against them. There is no middle ground for them. Who says one cannot scrutinize an action by police and still support law enforcement? This division is sad really and somewhat childish imo. It's like douchey Canucks fans who lash out at other fans who say they're playing like shit or that they're sucking this season. "well you're not a real fan!"
Old 07-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #72
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
americans doesn't have a race problem.

it has an american problem.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2016, 11:43 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
americans doesn't have a race problem.

it has an american problem.
They're too busy convincing themselves that they're #1 and worried more about an arbitrary world ranking than anything else.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:00 PM   #74
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/us...-break-in.html

Man and cop get in an arguement on Facebook
Man breaks into the house of a relative of the cop, with the cop in the house
Cop kills the man.

black lives matter tho
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #75
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
While I don't want to discount the racial segregation in the United states, this all leads back to the fact EVERYONE has a fucking gun. Such a massive percentage of the country is immersed in the culture that every single person you end up in an altercation with is going to shoot you, and it creates a culture of paranoia, that extends to everyone, including police.
Its a kill or be killed mentality.
Imagine being a cop and thinking every single person you confront can shoot you. It leads to some fucking horrible decisions. Couple that with systematic racism and a higher risk of black males being involved in violent crimes (yet again due to the systematic racism that keeps black youth poor and desperate) and it seems less about the fact that a cop wants to kill a black male, and more that the cop fears the black male.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: