REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-19-2016, 08:54 AM   #1
private modder

Thanked 2,602 Times in 730 Posts
ICBC lock re-keying from Roadside Plus

Has anyone ever had to use this coverage before? Was it an easy claim process?
Advertisement
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Lock Re-Keying
We’ll reimburse you up to $1,000 for the cost of replacing keys and re-keying your locks if the keys or remote keyless entry transmitter are stolen—and there’s no deductible.
For your coverage to apply, make sure you report the incident to the police within 48 hours. A police case le number is required. You must also carry our Comprehensive or Speci ed Perils coverage.
Not too sure as I've never used mine before but this is from the site, from what I understand you might have to file an incident report first.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:24 AM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
wow, i never knew about this

i always thought u were SOL
good to know!
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:46 AM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,550 Times in 4,312 Posts
If you're past a certain level on the CRS, Roadside Plus is totally worth it. Something like $70/yr.

I've used the theft deductible waiver, destination reimbursement and tow reimbursement.

http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/Documen...dside-plus.pdf

OP, if you have to re-key some locks, I'd suggest calling dial-a-claim to get more details on the process.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #5
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Another good thing to know is if you ever rent a car, you dont need to purchase their coverage thru the rental company which is sometimes double to triple what roadside plus costs.

sorry a little OT
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:38 AM   #6
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,386 Times in 4,259 Posts
I didn't do lock re-keying, but the process is the same as if you were requesting for a tow.

Very easy. Print out form. Submit form and receipt(s.) Receive cheque. Profit (sort of.)

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:08 PM   #7
private modder

Thanked 2,602 Times in 730 Posts
I'm so happy to report that a very kind person not only found my keys but made an effort to track me down and return them to me. I sincerely plan on passing this good deed on to someone else.

But here's what else I've learned in case anyone is interested.

1. the ICBC coverage only applies if your keys are stolen. not lost. keep that in mind as most of us lose our keys, not have them stolen. I should have read the fine print on my roadside plus coverage since I always thought lost keys would be covered.

2. once you've filed a police report with details of the theft, you then make a claim through the dial-a-claim line (just like any other claim).

3. Evo car share is absolutely USELESS when it comes to helping you return lost property. They provided no assistance at all, even after the finder contacted Evo to attempt to return my keys and after I had reported them lost to Evo that same evening. How stupid is that?? The only reason I got my keys back is thanks to the finder who said to Evo "forget it" and he did some additional research to track me down.

So take my advice and always double check you aren't leaving anything behind in an Evo because you'll have a better odds a Pokemon helps returns your lost item to you than Evo will. Very disappointing customer service.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: