REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Did your car get broken into? (Victoria & Fraserview Area)

Landlord comes up to me this morning and asks why did I leave my car door open as soon as I go outside this morning.

Instantly I knew someone had gone through my car.
After speaking to the landlord, they showed me the the video of the said person breaking into my car. They also informed me that they have seen this car in previous vehicle break-in's that happened to them & lane-way tenant.

Walking around the neighbourhood, I noticed a couple cars that was left in same manner, windows half rolled down, doors opened, driver keyhole pried.
Landlord & I believe it is someone who lives in the area & is targeting cars he knows how to break into.

If anyone can identify the make/model of the car and maybe some descriptive identification of said person it would really help w/ my case

Break in - Album on Imgur

Thanks!
Advertisement

Last edited by mdnx; 07-22-2016 at 01:04 AM.
mdnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:04 PM   #2
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

No but my car got broken into last night. Hastings and willingdon. Keep an eye out for a GoPro a ridgit drill and fatmax tool kit.
Seems like everyone is getting broken into lately.
My friends in Richmond looks like someone tried crow barring his lock and my sister in fleetwood (Surrey) also someone tried breaking into her car. Damaged the front door window covers
asma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I believe someone mentioned in a previous thread if you jam something into the key hole, it rolls down the windows for infiniti
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2016, 08:28 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,975 Times in 1,681 Posts
Unfortunately, these kind of security cameras are so useless.... They only provide a false sense of security and peace of mind of knowing what happened. But it isn't going to help catch any one.

The quality is way too low, can barely even make out what the thieves were driving, nevermind trying to catch a face or plate.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2016, 08:37 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dn53 View Post
I believe someone mentioned in a previous thread if you jam something into the key hole, it rolls down the windows for infiniti
that works for a LOT of car brands and makes. It's just a feature.
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 3,079 Times in 958 Posts
OEM alarms are shit. get a pager alarm and keep a baseball bat next to your bed.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Unfortunately, these kind of security cameras are so useless.... They only provide a false sense of security and peace of mind of knowing what happened. But it isn't going to help catch any one.

The quality is way too low, can barely even make out what the thieves were driving, nevermind trying to catch a face or plate.

I know when I saw it from the landlord's TV it seemed useless but it's better then nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn53 View Post
Yeah neighbour up the street got his Nissan rogue broken into as well.
mdnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #8
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:

I agree and disagree.

The quality is shit for sure and you can't make out any details. But what you now have is at least somewhat the shape of the car (experts on here might even recognize what model?). Now if police goes through the red light cameras in that area, at the approx same time before/after....you might just be able to match something up. Whether or not they will actually go through that effort, is another story...
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:19 AM   #9
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,975 Times in 1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
I agree and disagree.

The quality is shit for sure and you can't make out any details. But what you now have is at least somewhat the shape of the car (experts on here might even recognize what model?). Now if police goes through the red light cameras in that area, at the approx same time before/after....you might just be able to match something up. Whether or not they will actually go through that effort, is another story...

Don't get me wrong, I know every bit helps and it'll be better than nothing. But it also seems like that camera is strictly for protecting the house, and anything past the sidewalk tapers off drastically in usable quality. Doesn't help that it was night time too.

It's just frustrating that cameras like this are so common, but generally just not good enough to get any one caught.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:11 AM   #10
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
They're common because they're cheap. Want good, usable video? Don't buy a DIY kit from Costco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:51 AM   #11
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
OEM alarms are shit. get a pager alarm and keep a baseball bat next to your bed.
I keep my sword there, if nothing escalates i'll have probably at least scared the shit out of the person.

OP, send the video to one of the guys over at Jalopnik, seen many times the community there figure out exactly what the vehicle is from even crappier footage than that, cops often send them stuff and ask them to post to help ID vehicles.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:01 AM   #12
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnx View Post
Landlord comes up to me this morning and asks why did I leave my car door open as soon as I go outside this morning.

Instantly I knew someone had gone through my car.
After speaking to the landlord, they showed me the the video of the said person breaking into my car. They also informed me that they have seen this car in previous vehicle break-in's that happened to them & lane-way tenant.

Walking around the neighbourhood, I noticed a couple cars that was left in same manner, windows half rolled down, doors opened, driver keyhole pried.
Landlord & I believe it is someone who lives in the area & is targeting cars he knows how to break into.

If anyone can identify the make/model of the car and maybe some descriptive identification of said person it would really help w/ my case

Break in - Album on Imgur

Thanks!
ugh i know something is better than nothing but i can't even tell what any of the cars in that footage is, let alone a license plate...

what car do you own? it looked like he was trolling the street specifically looking for your car, or type of car... does it have a factory alarm? i thought they would at the very least go off if the doors are opened without a key fob/remote?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:12 AM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:

flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:25 AM   #14
I subscribe to Revscene

obligatory

dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:54 AM   #15
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
OP looks like he is driving some kind of Infiniti?

I think it really depends on the model of the car which alarm is used.. eg some BMWs have interior movement alarms as standard while others are optional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
ugh i know something is better than nothing but i can't even tell what any of the cars in that footage is, let alone a license plate...

what car do you own? it looked like he was trolling the street specifically looking for your car, or type of car... does it have a factory alarm? i thought they would at the very least go off if the doors are opened without a key fob/remote?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #16

Same thing happened to me around a month and a half ago in the Oakridge Mall parking lot. They jammed into my driver's side keyhole to lower the front windows. I think it's a feature in all Nissan/Infiniti's with the smart key system.

ijaz_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #17
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:48 PM   #18
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Ugh, so many fucking cars getting stolen and/or broken into lately.
I'd rather somebody just broke my damn window than destroy the handle like that Infiniti. It's like those Mazda 3's with the dent near the handle.

I guess the best thing to do is to keep the car clean inside without anything showing.

My girlfriend got her truck stolen from my place, near Oakridge mall. Soon thereafter, when I washed my car, the next day I saw fingerprints on the back window like somebody was looking inside... I guess they didn't see anything they liked and moved on.

Also report this all to the police...they act on statistics

Last edited by mr00jimbo; 07-23-2016 at 10:54 PM.
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:27 PM   #19
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i'm surprised nobody beat the fuck out of 'em yet.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:23 AM   #20
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
if this was in surrey, would've been shot.

an unfortunate kid (going around slashing tires for shits and giggles) became a statistic a few years back, and haven't heard any break in stories.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:31 AM   #21
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
OP's pics if of a Inifiniti FX35/45

the newer QX70 has different vents
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #22
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I know every bit helps and it'll be better than nothing. But it also seems like that camera is strictly for protecting the house, and anything past the sidewalk tapers off drastically in usable quality. Doesn't help that it was night time too.

It's just frustrating that cameras like this are so common, but generally just not good enough to get any one caught.
Good enough to be able to catch how Amazon deliver your packages during the daylight

Watch How Amazon Delivered a $500 Camera Lens

v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: