REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   2017 Infiniti Q60 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/709891-2017-infiniti-q60.html)

Timpo 08-06-2016 04:29 PM

2017 Infiniti Q60

3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
400hp
350lb-ft

:accepted:

Infiniti Q60 | Future Vehicles | Infiniti Canada

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims...niti-q6011.jpg
http://cms.kelleybluebookimages.com/...finiti-Q60.jpg
http://www.beyond.ca/wp-content/uplo...16-NAIAS-1.jpg

radioman 08-06-2016 05:00 PM

Not bad at all

Edison_Chen 08-06-2016 05:04 PM

The 400 horsepower Q50 Red Sport version has been dyno'd by Stillen and it makes 375 rwhp and 350 ft-lbs (consistently over 3 runs). This was bone stock, with no mods.

donjalapeno 08-06-2016 06:58 PM

In 5 years you can expect to see these in Surrey with black wheels, tinted windows, tinted lights and a hectic subwoofer bro

dovo 08-06-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donjalapeno (Post 8778473)
In 5 years you can expect to see these in Surrey with black wheels, tinted windows, tinted lights and a hectic subwoofer bro

ok

Curren$y 08-06-2016 07:46 PM

Front looks great, rear is very "meh".

thumper 08-06-2016 08:05 PM

automatic only :(

Timpo 08-06-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 8778483)
automatic only :(

It's ok.

Nissan GT-R, Acura NSX, McLaren P1, LaFerrari, Lamborghini Aventador....
Pretty much any performance oriented Japanese and European cars have DCT only.

The only exception is American muscle cars and some Japanese/European cars like Mazda Miata and Lotus Elise.

320icar 08-06-2016 09:54 PM

Nah it's not really ok. Some of us REALLY prefer manual. But then again that's why motorcycles exist. They will stay manual while every other car goes auto

thumper 08-06-2016 10:00 PM

i don't see anything that says it's a DCT...

Teriyaki 08-06-2016 10:13 PM

That rear and tail lights really look droopy...

asian_XL 08-06-2016 10:16 PM

it's around USD60k for the top model, in canada will be 80?

tofu1413 08-06-2016 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 8778491)
i don't see anything that says it's a DCT...

Should be 7 speed auto torque converter with rev match

swfk 08-06-2016 10:33 PM

Kinda related, good watch

asian_XL 08-07-2016 12:48 AM

like the reaction of the guy in the video:

"I heard you bought a new car?!"
"yeah, I bought a 2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400."
"OH."
:alone:

If it's a BMW
"I heard you bought a new car?!"
"yeah, I bought a 2016 BMW M4"
"WOW!"
:fuckyea:

Timpo 08-07-2016 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8778489)
Nah it's not really ok. Some of us REALLY prefer manual. But then again that's why motorcycles exist. They will stay manual while every other car goes auto

Motorcycles?

You do realize that motorcycles(supersport) have quickshifter right?
They can shift in 50 milliseconds. So it doesn't need DCT like cars do.

If you want to play with shifting, maybe get a cafe racer like Yamaha SR400, Suzuki TU250x? or even Moto Guzzi V7 Racer.
Same as cars...that's why Mazda Miata exists.

320icar 08-07-2016 08:22 AM

Uh. Ignoring the fact that my gf and I have 5 motorcycles (so yes, I do realize) but only the top 5% of bikes have quick shifters. And even then they still have a clutch, still have a proper sequential gearbox. If you want to make an argument, go talk about 50cc scooters and their CVT transmissions

Galactic_Phantom 08-07-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8778488)
It's ok.

Nissan GT-R, Acura NSX, McLaren P1, LaFerrari, Lamborghini Aventador....
Pretty much any performance oriented Japanese and European cars have DCT only.

The only exception is American muscle cars and some Japanese/European cars like Mazda Miata and Lotus Elise.

Never change you fucking idiot. In a discussion of a 70k street car you must bring up your (common) knowledge of super cars well beyond the price at hand don't you? No fucking shit track monsters/100k+ performance/lap times cars are made with DCT only. In the street where nobody gives a shit about 0-100 times, manual is a better everyday experience hence the disappointment.

nsx042003 08-07-2016 10:05 AM

i blame the millenniums and the techies. All they do is talks about how fast DCTs are and how much better it is. Probably because they can't drive manual and trying to compensate for it.

the Q line really went downhill, the spirit of the G when it first came out is gone. Did nissan lost their supplier on the 6mt?

donjalapeno 08-07-2016 10:11 AM

^^ y u mad?

Timpo 08-08-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8778533)
Uh. Ignoring the fact that my gf and I have 5 motorcycles (so yes, I do realize) but only the top 5% of bikes have quick shifters. And even then they still have a clutch, still have a proper sequential gearbox. If you want to make an argument, go talk about 50cc scooters and their CVT transmissions

CVT transmission or anything to do with torque converter transmission is nowhere near quick as DCT.

I was talking about redundancy or grabbing/stepping on the clutch, shift, then put the clutch back again.

I know it's fun, so that's why you get perhaps cafe racer or some kind of standard bikes.

Timpo 08-08-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom (Post 8778539)
Never change you fucking idiot. In a discussion of a 70k street car you must bring up your (common) knowledge of super cars well beyond the price at hand don't you? No fucking shit track monsters/100k+ performance/lap times cars are made with DCT only. In the street where nobody gives a shit about 0-100 times, manual is a better everyday experience hence the disappointment.

Everybody cares about 0-100km/h acceleration.
Whether or not you can use that kind of performance on the street is a different story.

All the muscle cars guys and exotic cars guys out there don't like it if they get beaten by perhaps less exotic Nissan GT-R.

Any performance car owners are motorsports enthusiast to some degree.
Will you be doing 0-60mph in 2.7 seconds everywhere? Probably not.

But the purpose of making cars so fast is that manufactures can show off their technology, also it's more like a bragging rights for the customers too.

The_AK 08-08-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8778853)
CVT transmission or anything to do with torque converter transmission is nowhere near quick as DCT.

I was talking about redundancy or grabbing/stepping on the clutch, shift, then put the clutch back again.

I know it's fun, so that's why you get perhaps cafe racer or some kind of standard bikes.

y bother drive car? ask for father buy private jet and pilot to do work. lol. no gear shifting or steering necessary at all. so fast like whoa too.

Galactic_Phantom 08-08-2016 05:10 PM

Mother of off-topic....:rukidding:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8778855)
Everybody cares about 0-100km/h acceleration.
Whether or not you can use that kind of performance on the street is a different story.

Right, that's why Miatas are still somewhat popular after 26 years of production and the fact that I see more modern FRS/BRZs than modern Mustangs on the road. Hell, why have race tracks. Lets just all build cars for the drag strip because everybody fucking cares about 0-100km/h and ignores every other aspect that makes a car, a car.

Quote:

All the muscle cars guys and exotic cars guys out there don't like it if they get beaten by perhaps less exotic Nissan GT-R.
And? Because some meathead bozos with more testosterone than brains rely on that one number to argue with other idiots does not mean "everybody cares". But since you like to keep reminding us of these numbers as you masturbate to the spec sheet of the mighty Nissan GTR, I assume you're also one of those clowns that see another sports car and argue with the owner over who has the faster 0-100 in a dick measuring contest.
Quote:

Any performance car owners are motorsports enthusiast to some degree. Will you be doing 0-60mph in 2.7 seconds everywhere? Probably not.

But the purpose of making cars so fast is that manufactures can show off their technology, also it's more like a bragging rights for the customers too.
Not true, many fobs for example, buy 'performance' cars simply because they like the look or because it is the "top of the line" model. Knew of someone who in 2013, cross shopped a IS350 (3rd gen) to a B8 S5 because they were both "top of the line" (F was not considered because it was based on the 2nd gen body, but I digress). Hell, I've saw a C-lai in a F10 M5 last week.
Lol @ bragging rights. No wonder you keeping rubbing the specs of the GTR all over this forum, you're just really insecure :). I hope your GTR's 0-100 makes you feel better about yourself and life. Alas, I see no point in discussing cars with you as your response will only be "xx is faster because spec sheets said so"

meme405 08-08-2016 05:16 PM

Stupid points by Timpo aside.

The G37 was available in manual, and even driving that figure all the way down and isolating to just the RWD G37 Coupe With the sport Package, still less than 15% of those cars were manual.

If you take the entire production run of the G37 Coupe (including AWD, RWD). From 2008-2015 less than 5% of the cars were manual.

So Realistically infiniti won't be hurt at all by this move.

Sucks for people like us that appreciate manuals, but we are a minority, so Infiniti really couldn't care less.