REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-07-2016, 07:17 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Recommend An Out Of Province Vehicle Inspector In Burnaby/Vancouver?

I just moved to Burnaby BC last weekend and apparently I have until the end of the month to register my vehicles. First though they need to go through the out-of-province inspection.

The first one I'm not worried about, it's a 2006 Mustang in very good condition. Basically nothing about it raises any eyebrows.

The other is a 1978 Ford F250. In OK condition for a truck of its age, but if you went looking for a reason to flunk it you could probably come up with something.

I generally avoid mechanics in general, and I've been down the road of going to two different garages and getting two different answers before. So I'm just looking for an inspector who won't jerk me around unnecessarily.

Any recommendations? Thanks.
Advertisement
Classic_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:48 AM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

When I moved a car back from AB to BC, I took it to Canadian Tire. It was 109 bucks or something like that, with free re-inspection within a week if there is something needed to be done to the car to qualify.

Basically, they will look at the safety aspects of the car, such as lights, brakes, and such. They will look for the DOT stickers/prints on those parts, so if you have aftermarket parts with no DOT certification, replace those with OEM parts and you'll be golden.

Something for you to go on, this is not exactly what you'll get in the inspection report, but something similar:
http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/vehicle...pdf/mv3199.pdf

Good luck!

Last edited by Reeyal; 08-08-2016 at 05:55 AM.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote