REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Car break-in

On July 25, 2016, my best friend's car was broken into at around 3-5AM in Richmond (3 and Williams area) and my iPod Touch 16gb 2nd generation was stolen. It was pretty foolish of me to have not set a passcode and lend it to him, but he was my best friend who I trust a lot and we definitely did not see this coming. He had a 2008(?) Infiniti. Similar to the other post, the thief jammed the driver's side lock and rolled the windows down to get in.

The thief may have wiped out the iPod data. However, if the thief didn't wipe it, I can name a bunch of songs/playlists that are on the iPod. The iPod had a case similar to the one in the photo, but the thief may have removed it. If you stumble upon a 16gb 2nd generation iPod, please let me know. Thank you so much!

Also, is there anything else I should do to protect my privacy and/or possibly get my iPod back? I've already changed my passwords for all my accounts and got my friend to file a police report. Fortunately I haven't used it much for a few years so there shouldn't be too much information that can be compromised. What do thieves usually do with a stolen iPod? Wipe it out and sell? Or use my information for their own use..?

PSA: Do not leave any valuables in your car (even if it is hidden). F*ck thieves.
Advertisement

Last edited by Zoidberg; 08-10-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Thieves would usually wipe out and resell (generally have a buyer in mind or would prob post on Craigslist or other classifieds). Highly doubt the iPod is worth more than 40 bucks. Put up an ad handing out a reward for "lost" iPod. It may show up . Seems like a lot of the keyless g35s are getting broken into nowadays simply because it's just so damn easy

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #3
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
someone attempted to break into my Infiniti over the weekend as well. The door lock is messed up and the door doesnt open