REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-24-2016, 12:27 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Recommendations for dent removal in Vancouver?

Hey guys, so my shop has an account with Dent King over on Marine. I actually took my bugeye WRX there and had like 20 dents removed from the car (the car was in really rough shape when I bought it) and it turned out great a few years back. However, I've been trying to book a time for them to do my bosses car as well as my 370z for literally the past 2 weeks and they kept flaking. I made about 3 or 4 appointments, all of which they backed out from last minute without a single call (I had to call them to ask where they were, and then they would just reschedule and repeat). I'm getting really fed up, we only have 3 dents to remove per car so it's not a huge deal, but I don't want to deal with a shop that is so ridiculously unorganized where they can't even keep a simple appointment. I had confirmed all the appointments twice, just to have them say "Oh sorry I'm stuck at ______ working on another car" or "The boss took your call and didn't schedule it in" even though I had been talking to both the boss and technician.

Anyways, that last conversation with Dent King just happened a few minutes ago. I'm looking for another dent removal place to take my business to, looking for a place that will not scratch up the car to remove dents. I've seen Paintless Dent Removal on Victoria Drive as well as a few other places, but would like to take our cars to a place where people have had good experiences with. All suggestions welcome! TIA
Advertisement

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I used Dent king a few times, each time was meh.
Try Dent Vision and ask for Tan. He has a long wait list but does excellent work.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2016, 01:54 PM   #3

Gave them a call, wait is about 2 weeks which is not too bad considering Dent King made me wait 2 weeks and I still haven't gotten a confirmed time from them yet lmao. Sent Dent Vision pictures for a quote, hopefully they'll get back to me soon. Never realized how annoying it is to get dents removed these days.. Thanks for the recommendation!

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Old 08-24-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Gave them a call, wait is about 2 weeks which is not too bad considering Dent King made me wait 2 weeks and I still haven't gotten a confirmed time from them yet lmao. Sent Dent Vision pictures for a quote, hopefully they'll get back to me soon. Never realized how annoying it is to get dents removed these days.. Thanks for the recommendation!
Ah 2 weeks is not bad at all. Last time i talked to him he was 2 months
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:52 PM   #5
retired

Josef @ Dentcraft is who I have used for a few years now. I've always been happy with his work. I also like his no BS approach. If he cant fix it, he will let you know.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #6
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
What does dent removal go for, roughly? My DD Acura has a few dents that have been pissing me off and I've been contemplating getting repaired.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #7
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Dent vision is good. Tan is awesome to deal with
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:04 AM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I've used Precision Dent Repair (guy called Chris) a couple of times now and have recommended it to two others who have been happy with their service! Had this golf ball sized dent that I thought there would be no way that it could be removed and he was able to get it out.

Home Page - Precision Dent Repair | Paintless Dent Repair in Vancouver, BC

Last edited by StewartJD; 08-25-2016 at 07:06 AM. Reason: link
StewartJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:47 AM   #9
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
in the past i've used dents unlimited in port moody: Paintless Dent Repair & Mobile Removal Dents Vancouver

the other place that was recommended to me was distinctive detailing in north van, who sublets to another company called dent impressions.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 08-25-2016 at 07:52 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #10
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
What does dent removal go for, roughly? My DD Acura has a few dents that have been pissing me off and I've been contemplating getting repaired.
every place is different. typically it can be $80-100+ for one dent, and that depends on how bad it is. if you have multiple dents, it becomes a flat rate per panel on top of the initial cost of the first dent, again, depending on how bad the dent is.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #11
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Anyone had to have holes drilled and capped to get at their dents?
Port Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:03 PM   #12
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,386 Times in 4,259 Posts
What happened to that private modder guy?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #13
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Man View Post
Anyone had to have holes drilled and capped to get at their dents?
yes my dad had it done... or i should say i did it and he didn't care but it was giving me OCD. some silicone on a black home depot screw head cap on the underhood rib of his hood to take a dent out...
Old 08-29-2016, 07:57 AM   #14
Witness protection

i also suggest that you contact your preferred auto dealer, whether it be for sales or service, and ask who they use or recommend. they use dent companies to refurbish their used vehicle inventory or offer it on the side to customers who come in for maintenance. the dent in my dad's hood was repaired as a jobber on his invoice when it was in for service at vancouver subaru (ie. docksteader at the time). he just asked if they could fix it while it was there and they brought in a mobile company to do it on the lot.

Last edited by thumper; 01-19-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:22 AM   #15
I subscribe to Revscene

Precision Dent Repair, ask for Chris. I think still located at Richmond AutoMall.

FS: Jordan XX8, GMP Vi, AM1 Atmos Safari, bunch of Supreme stuff
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68857...2Arare%2A.html
daval is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2016, 07:57 AM   #16
Witness protection

you go out of your way to find the perfect parking space so no one dents you and the shopping carts are not pleased

(actually this car was illegally parked and the store employees took action )
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #17
I'm invisible

Bumping this thread.

I just had Chad from Dent Craft Canada come today to fix several dents for our cars. The dents were on the doors and the quarter panels. His work was great, he took his time taking them out. He did not have to drill any holes to remove any of the dents(that was my biggest concern).

All the dents just magically disappeared. Save myself from getting the vehicle fixed at the body shop and kept the original paint from factory.

A big plus to Chad and Dent Craft. I would definitely recommend them.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #18
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daval View Post
Precision Dent Repair, ask for Chris. I think still located at Richmond AutoMall.
+1 for Chris. I've watched him work on a lot of cars at our dealership. Very capable guy.

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:42 PM   #19

I went to dents unlimited a few years back in port moody. The dings on the door and quarterpanel were gone, I was happy with their work.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #20
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
you go out of your way to find the perfect parking space so no one dents you and the shopping carts are not pleased

(actually this car was illegally parked and the store employees took action )
That looks like photoshop to me...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #21

So after I asked Dent Vision and sent them pictures, they took a day to reply to me asking about a time. I replied a day after that as I didn't check my messages and the guy said because I didn't reply his message on the spot I now have to wait for a month and a half lol. Ended up going to Dent King since the guy finally got back to me.

My bosses GTR had to get a hole drilled to remove a dent in the rear quarter panel and it got capped, not too bad actually. Something happened to the paint of my car while it was at Dent King... currently in the process of trying to figure this out with them so I'm going to refrain from posting anymore details publicly until we get this sorted out. Definitely NOT impressed with what I have to go through with Dent King though. Details later on

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #22
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartJD View Post
I've used Precision Dent Repair (guy called Chris) a couple of times now and have recommended it to two others who have been happy with their service! Had this golf ball sized dent that I thought there would be no way that it could be removed and he was able to get it out.

Home Page - Precision Dent Repair | Paintless Dent Repair in Vancouver, BC
We use them for work too and our personal cars too!
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:16 AM   #23
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by daval View Post
my mom's car got dented the other week. i tried calling the usual places i posted above but they were all booked. so i gave precision a call and they said if i could come to the automall they would fit me in, and they fixed it within 10 minutes right in the parking lot outside their office storefront (they share a service bay with the unit next door but are mostly mobile). they also went over the entire car to make sure i didn't have any more because it's cheaper to do multiple dents together. they also gave me a discount from the original quote because it wasn't as bad as everyone thought it would be which was much appreciated.

recommended
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #24
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Got my first door ding over the weekend and went to precision dent repair. Got my car fixed right there at a good fair price. In and out less than 10 minutes. Highly recommend!! He does a lot of the work for the Richmond Automall as well!

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #25
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 6,990 Times in 1,882 Posts
Our dealership uses Precision Dent Repair as well, highly recommend them along with Dents Unlimited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote