REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-25-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
ICBC third party liability

so yeah i know this comes up from time to time, but icbc sent me a letter going blah blah you need more liability coverage these days blah blah... i started of with $1M, and now i'm at $3M, whereas the icbc letter suggests $4.5< on some stupid sticky note on the letter.

what do you all think is acceptable these days?
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I may have this all wrong, but I feel that as long as I stick to the rules and don't drive recklessly, I won't be with an at fault accident that would require that much goddamn coverage.

I am at the bare minimum by the way, maybe I should up mine in case that's not how liability coverage works
'02 Suzuki GSXR 750

Order the New 2020 Civic Type R, pm me

Driftspecs Apparel
www.driftspecsapparel.com
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:51 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx042003 View Post
I may have this all wrong, but I feel that as long as I stick to the rules and don't drive recklessly, I won't be with an at fault accident that would require that much goddamn coverage.

I am at the bare minimum by the way, maybe I should up mine in case that's not how liability coverage works

Yea as long as your not at fault you're good. But there's also a 0.01% chance that you'll be at fault and that's how they get you to buy it.

I personally only have the basic 300k. I'm a pretty decent driver and I have a dashcam as well. Those cases where icbc pays out millions rarely happens.
RevYouUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:41 PM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,862 Times in 3,844 Posts
How do the different percentages of fault work into that? Say you have 1M, the other drivers payout lands at 1.5M. What happens if you're 25% at fault? 50%? 75%?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote