REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-27-2016, 09:47 AM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quick question for current or former owners of 3G Acura TL's (2004-2008)

After reading horror stories about dashboard cracking around the passenger airbag on acurazine, just wondering if anyone here local had any problems with their dash in our milder climate

I'm looking into buying a used 2008 TL and noticed this so wondering if I should be worried or not. AZ members claim to also receive the same markings before their dash cracked, but environmental factors will probably play a big part

TIA
Advertisement

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,905 Times in 752 Posts
I've had a total of 5 3G TLs...all from the local BC area... NONE had cracked dashes... NONE had any sign of a cracked dash either. The only thing I ever noticed on one of them was that the airbag outline in the passenger area seemed a bit too noticeable. (as in your photo)

which TL are you looking at?

i've owned:

07 TL TECH
08 TL TECH
08 TL - S
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2016, 10:33 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
My TL-S had that exact marking. Local BC car its entire life, never actually cracked though.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanks guys appreciate the answers. I'm looking at a TL-S that needs some TLC which i don't mind fixing, but i don't want to fix a cracked dash in the future

Anyone with older TLs chime in? This particular car is a little bit easier to see the lines than 2 other TLs i saw

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:31 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,905 Times in 752 Posts
one of the main things to look out for is the engine seal leak. it is common on all 3G TL models. It is difficult to get too and is usually about $1500 to fix. "rear engine seal leak"

also, check the wheel bearings as they wear out fast too.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote