REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 09-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #1
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Which Carrier has the best Shared Plans?

Finishing up my Bell contract in a couple weeks and my wife and I just replaced both our two iphone 6 through applecare yesterday since it is expiring and our phones were starting to break physically.

Not sure if i should change carriers or not. looking for unlimited nationtalk & text w/ 5+GB data and all the generic extras, in which we can bring our own phones over to.
Advertisement
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter

Last edited by Tegra_Devil; 09-03-2016 at 09:57 AM.
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
wait what ? you just replaced your phones yesterday through apple care but theyre already breaking physically ? did i read that correctly lol

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,181 Times in 477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
wait what ? you just replaced your phones yesterday through apple care but theyre already breaking physically ? did i read that correctly lol
do you even grammer police bro?

what he was trying to say is, because the phone is breaking and the applecare is going to expire, he utilized the applecare to get himself new phones.

as for shared plans, I've only heard of Rogers having that. I haven't looked into that in depth though.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2016, 09:57 AM   #4
GO FLAMES GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
changed 'are' for 'were'...content?
Club-Integra.net OG
Old 09-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #5
GO FLAMES GO

for those curious, i called Bell and asked how much to buyout my phone and switch to Rogers. they transfered me to retentions and retentions gave me a 3 month(month-to-month) 50% off my whole bill.

So now while i wait around and keep hunting new BYOP contracts, I will be paying $85 for Unlimited everything and 9GB data shared between 2 phones. im gonna see if i can keep repeating this discount after the 3 months are up...i figure if they can do the discount once, they can easily do it again.( i dont know if length with a company counts, but ive been with bell for probably 12 years now)
Club-Integra.net OG
Old 09-03-2016, 04:49 PM   #6
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
do you even grammer police bro?

what he was trying to say is, because the phone is breaking and the applecare is going to expire, he utilized the applecare to get himself new phones.

as for shared plans, I've only heard of Rogers having that. I haven't looked into that in depth though.
All three carriers do shared plans.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:49 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
for those curious, i called Bell and asked how much to buyout my phone and switch to Rogers. they transfered me to retentions and retentions gave me a 3 month(month-to-month) 50% off my whole bill.

So now while i wait around and keep hunting new BYOP contracts, I will be paying $85 for Unlimited everything and 9GB data shared between 2 phones. im gonna see if i can keep repeating this discount after the 3 months are up...i figure if they can do the discount once, they can easily do it again.( i dont know if length with a company counts, but ive been with bell for probably 12 years now)
Times have changed despite what some people here may tell you. Just take a gaze through the Rogers Retentions thread and see what people were getting 10 pages ago to what they've been getting now. I mean, you showed interest in switching over to Rogers and they gave you THREE months half off. Sure that's better than nothing but it certainly doesn't help you in the long term.

Honestly, it may make more sense to not do a share plan. I never felt that they were the most economical for people. Your wife may not use that much data so you get more which is a win win for you but in reality, you might save more money by doing two separate individual plans and cater to your exact needs. How much data do you each require?
Old 09-04-2016, 04:30 AM   #8
GO FLAMES GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Times have changed despite what some people here may tell you. Just take a gaze through the Rogers Retentions thread and see what people were getting 10 pages ago to what they've been getting now. I mean, you showed interest in switching over to Rogers and they gave you THREE months half off. Sure that's better than nothing but it certainly doesn't help you in the long term.

Honestly, it may make more sense to not do a share plan. I never felt that they were the most economical for people. Your wife may not use that much data so you get more which is a win win for you but in reality, you might save more money by doing two separate individual plans and cater to your exact needs. How much data do you each require?
My wife is around 1-2GB and i am around 5-6GB

I was looking at koodo and they seem to have decent separate plans
Club-Integra.net OG