REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Dogs released to bite pipeline protestors in the US (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710238-dogs-released-bite-pipeline-protestors-us.html)

CharlesInCharge 09-05-2016 11:23 AM

Dogs released to bite pipeline protestors in the US

Quote:

"On September 3, the Dakota Access pipeline company attacked Native Americans with dogs and pepper spray as they protested against the $3.8 billion pipeline’s construction. If completed, the pipeline would carry about 500,000 barrels of crude per day from North Dakota’s Bakken oilfield to Illinois. The project has faced months of resistance from the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and members of nearly 100 more tribes from across the U.S. and Canada."

inb4 your computer is made of petroleum.

Manic! 09-05-2016 11:40 AM

:thumbsup: for the dogs.

Lomac 09-05-2016 01:04 PM

pastarocket 09-05-2016 01:31 PM

What the pipeline company is doing to sacred Native American burial sites is disgusting. These are ancient burial grounds for the ancestors of these Americans.

Heck, I would be pissed if a corporation was building a big oil pipeline through the cemetery of where my grandparents are buried. :mad:

There's also the huge risk of contamination of drinking water for millions of people that live downstream from the Missouri river.

Fight the power! :fuckyea:

Reeyal 09-06-2016 06:23 AM

Wanted to fail post, but the videos were actually interesting content. :pokerface:

meme405 09-06-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8785787)
What the pipeline company is doing to sacred Native American burial sites is disgusting. These are ancient burial grounds for the ancestors of these Americans.

This is un-proven, the only reason people are saying this, is because one of the Tribe's own people surveyed the site and determined it could be an ancient burial site. As if the tribes own surveyor would say, "uhh you know what guys, I don't think we did bury something here 1000 years ago". Keep in mind the way natives lived before was movement based, they probably buried people all over the place.

As of today that land is not owned by them. I just don't see how it was fine for the farmer who owned that land for the last 50 years to till it, and plant his crops, but now that a company has legally leased or acquired it to build a pipeline all of a sudden it's of significant importance.

Quote:

There's also the huge risk of contamination of drinking water for millions of people that live downstream from the Missouri river.

You realize this project has been through all the environmental assessments and the project is greenlighted by all levels of government and the Army Corps of Engineers?

People should really put the blame and pressure on their governments, not storm a group of workers just trying to do their jobs.

The only thing standing in the way of the project is a couple of small injunctions; however, none of those injunctions prevented the company from grubbing and clearing the land. Which is all they were doing with those bulldozers. So far as I am concerned the side of the Bakken Pipeline was operating legally.

CharlesInCharge 09-06-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8785963)
You realize this project has been through all the environmental assessments...

People should really put the blame and pressure on their governments, ....

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/52772379.jpg

flagella 09-06-2016 08:03 PM

No dogs were harmed in the making of this video.

danned 09-06-2016 09:48 PM

dog: i want some mating:fuckyea:

underscore 09-06-2016 10:59 PM

What exactly did they think was gonna happen? If they don't want to get maced by security maybe they shouldn't trespass on a construction site and attack the security personnel. And what sort of knob brings their kid to try and use them as a tool for things like this? Fucking idiots.

Quote:

I have a hard time believing a lot of the claims an area is a sacred burial ground or whatever when most Native American tribes were nomadic and they have no real records of anything. I remember several years back when someone sorted out who was claiming what in BC as their ancient territory or whatever and the amount of area claimed was a lot larger than BC since they all had huge overlaps.

zulutango 09-07-2016 06:38 AM

[QUOTE=underscore;8786154]What exactly did they think was gonna happen? If they don't want to get maced by security maybe they shouldn't trespass on a construction site and attack the security personnel. And what sort of knob brings their kid to try and use them as a tool for things like this? Fucking idiots.

The parents are quite ready to sacrifice the safety of their kids for their left-wing politics. If the people they are attacking, back off to avoid injuring the kids, the protesters use this to their advantage to continue the riot. If the riot gets so bad the kids get injured then this is REALLY what they want....media images of little children being attacked by those nasty authorities. It happens all the time at just about every rent-a-riot event.

jasonturbo 09-07-2016 07:21 AM

I have repeatedly stated that I support aboriginal rights and wish Canada did more to preserve their culture etc.

However, when it comes to pipelines, the only thing the Indians want is more money, it's all a game and they know how to play it.

Source? I shared an office with aboriginal relations for 2 years... No matter what the issue was, it could always be fixed with money. (Or box seats to hockey game, or a vacation, etc)

Didn't watch the video, I certainly don't think setting dogs on protestors is reasonable.

Proceed with caution when considering these people as "protestors", many of them have a anti-pipeline interest as opposed to a pro-native history preservation interest.

Half of those Indians are probably Puerto Ricans hired by lobby groups lol (not kidding)

CharlesInCharge 09-07-2016 08:27 AM

So you want the oil companies to make money... the same ones behind ISIS. Savage.
Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8786189)

The parents are quite ready to sacrifice the safety of their kids for their left-wing politics. If the people they are attacking, back off to avoid injuring the kids, the protesters use this to their advantage to continue the riot. If the riot gets so bad the kids get injured then this is REALLY what they want....media images of little children being attacked by those nasty authorities. It happens all the time at just about every rent-a-riot event.

How is this left wing politics, please elaborate.

@underscore
No surprise from someone that supports isreali atrocities and apartheid.

Hondaracer 09-07-2016 08:31 AM

It's hilarious that you're always touting people in "the rat race"

Yet you concern yourself with this shit..like seriously, you waste your time concerning yourself with this type of shit all day every day? Jesus

CharlesInCharge 09-07-2016 08:41 AM

What do you do with your spare time... fap?

jasonturbo 09-07-2016 09:17 AM

Ok guys, who let CIC out of his cage?

meme405 09-07-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonturbo (Post 8786193)
Didn't watch the video, I certainly don't think setting dogs on protestors is reasonable.

Watch the video.

They didn't just blindly release dogs on protesters.

The protesters climbed over a fence, and started rushing security guards who had dogs on leashes. Exactly what did you think was going to happen when you started approaching this:

http://www.madogtrainingandservices....curity-Dog.jpg

The dogs were never let off their leashes, but even after the first dog bit a protester they kept trying to rush the guards with the dogs.

CharlesInCharge 09-07-2016 10:08 AM

Why are you even in this country? Did your parents or grandparents leave all your family behind to immigrate here so as to leave some kind of problems back in your ancestral lands? And do those problems at all relate to what the First Nations are being put through?

meme405 09-07-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8786240)
Why are you even in this country? Did your parents or grandparents leave all your family behind to immigrate here so as to leave some kind of problems back in your ancestral lands? And do those problems at all relate to what the First Nations are being put through?

No, nothing me, my parents, or grandparents went through can relate to what the first nations are going through. Because my family didn't get given a bunch of priceless land all over BC, free education for life, tax exemptions up the yin-yang, and millions of dollars in reparations, and all the other benefits Aboriginals here in BC and parts of america enjoy.

So I can't relate at all to what the first nations here are being put through.

CharlesInCharge 09-07-2016 10:41 AM

But why did they leave all their families behind and immigrate here?
Also do they have concentration camps were youre originally from too?

zulutango 09-07-2016 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=CharlesInCharge;8786208]So you want the oil companies to make money... the same ones behind ISIS. Savage.
How is this left wing politics, please elaborate.

Look at who finances this anti-Canadian oil "protest industry""...Tides foundation, Ford Foundation, George Soros etc.

CorneringArtist 09-07-2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8786240)
Why are you even in this country?

We've been trying to ask you the same thing because you apparently have an anti-West agenda yet live here. If your home country is allegedly as "clean" as you comparitively criticize the West, why don't you go back to your "ancestral homeland"?

CharlesInCharge 09-07-2016 03:19 PM

Where would you push the First Nations to? Alaska or perhaps the sea?
Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8786301)

Look at who finances this anti-Canadian oil "protest industry""...Tides foundation, Ford Foundation, George Soros etc.

Youre saying the groups of people protesting in the video were paid to be there?
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/67563158.jpg

zulutango 09-07-2016 08:53 PM

Anti-pipeline protesters and their multi-million dollar enablers | Financial Post

quasi 09-07-2016 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorneringArtist (Post 8786306)
We've been trying to ask you the same thing because you apparently have an anti-West agenda yet live here. If your home country is allegedly as "clean" as you comparitively criticize the West, why don't you go back to your "ancestral homeland"?

Agreed, Chucky go back to the promise land you won't be missed. It's a win win for all parties involved.

I offered Gulu a ride to the airport I'm extending the same offer to you.