REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Traffic Violation

This summer I pleaded guilty to excessive speeding. I noticed I can search myself from the "Court Services Online" with all other criminals on there.

Unfortunately, I am little worried that this might affect my future in looking for a job. Since maybe traffic violation is treated like a criminal record?

Pretty sure someone on here experienced this, did it affect your employment, or how do I get it removed?
Advertisement
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:00 PM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

1) It doesn't get removed.

2) You can search yourself on Court Services Online like all of the other criminals, people who have been charged under the Motor Vehicle Act (and I'm pretty sure all other Provincial/Federal Acts) and people who are involved in civil litigation. So lots of people who aren't criminals.

3) The only reason it should affect your employment is if you're required to provide a driver's abstract. It may be a factor in your employment depending on the job, the interviewer, your reasoning for going that speed if asked, etc etc etc
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2016, 09:28 PM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

lesson learned. I hope it doesn't stay on there for life =S
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:29 PM   #4

I have a traffic ticket that was dismissed from 10 years ago still showing.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2016, 05:16 AM   #5
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Is it showing up as a conviction...or as you having been charged? If it was dismissed then you might consider talking to somebody in the court system to get it removed.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Is it showing up as a conviction...or as you having been charged? If it was dismissed then you might consider talking to somebody in the court system to get it removed.
Mine shows as dismissed. Which is fine with me. Doesn't affect anything for me at all.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:46 AM   #7
I subscribe to Revscene

You drove a little bit too fast and now you're lumped in there with all the drug dealers, rapists, wife beaters, bank robbers, tax cheats...

Don't you dare drive around listening to music from an mp3 player that's not securely bolted to the dash or you might end up on death row...

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #8
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
You drove a little bit too fast and now you're lumped in there with all the drug dealers, rapists, wife beaters, bank robbers, tax cheats...

Don't you dare drive around listening to music from an mp3 player that's not securely bolted to the dash or you might end up on death row...

Thus sayeth the King Of Hyperbole,,,,and it was good in his sight.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: