REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   UBC students pissed off re: pickup artist on campus (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710394-ubc-students-pissed-off-re-pickup-artist-campus.html)

Acura604 09-19-2016 06:56 AM

UBC students pissed off re: pickup artist on campus

lol, what is the story on this guy? trying to teach losers how to pick up chicks ? holy crap.... where do these idiots come from?!!!!

hilarious.

JanLifestyle | Vancouver Dating Coach

http://clubzone.com/content/uploads/...rom-video1.png
Founder | Executive Coach
I’m Jan. Vancouver Dating Coach. I teach men how to meet, attract and create meaningful relationships with beautiful women in today’s chaotic world. I’ve had over 7 years of infield experience in pickup and dating. I have coached hundreds at live programs, thousands at live events, and hundreds of thousands online all over the world. I have dedicated my life to a never ending journey of self-improvement and actualization. I bring you unlimited amount of knowledge, motivation, and demonstrations to help other men achieve the success and confidence that I have cultivated over the years.

Anger erupts online after 'pick-up artist' tours UBC campus - NEWS 1130

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – Women are lashing out at UBC, saying the school did not do enough to protect students from a notorious self-acclaimed ‘pick-up artist’ who was on campus last week.
The man in question is Jan Huang who claims to make a living by trying to pick up women and to coach others to do the same.

Many students, who were offended that he was on campus, took to social media to voice their anger.
The university says it’s aware Huang was at the school, but that he did nothing wrong and didn’t violate any of the school’s policies. However, it encouraged students to make a formal complaint with campus security.
This comes at a time as an expert panel calls for sweeping changes to UBC’s approach to dealing with sexual assaults, after survivors on campus told members they lacked faith in the system.

The panel is pushing for new disciplinary processes for students and faculty accused of sexual violence, clear timeframes for handling complaints and a central office to co-ordinate an immediate response, this is according to a recent report.

The university decided to create a standalone sex assault policy after allegations it mishandled multiple complaints about a male PhD student. A separate committee wrote a draft sexual assault policy that was released in June. Public consultations on the policy will now be extended so the panel’s recommendations can be considered.

The panel repeatedly heard there was a “general mistrust” of UBC’s approach and that the university had failed to demonstrate accountability, causing some students to feel they had no choice but to go to the media, the report says.

looks like the biggest loser of all time
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/03/p...robson-street/

Jan used to be a shy, introverted person, and in college he decided to change that. So he began studying pick up techniques and approaching thousands of women and men to gain self-confidence and be more comfortable socially. Two years ago he began having more success. He would meet a girl at a nightclub and take her home that night. His friends began to notice and ask for tips. He eventually decided to create a business based on sharing his skill set.

What is the target for a client, how many women are they supposed to approach?:

I don’t have a target number because I don’t want to objectify women, that’s not what I teach. I try to get them to approach as many women as possible, but these are socially awkward guys dealing with social anxiety, they don’t want to approach lots of women.

Two students two days in a row approached Nicole and wouldn’t take no for an answer. She was very clear, and two days in a row different students didn’t respect this.:

One of things for these guys is to be aware that they f—ed up and why, so they don’t do it again. For Nicole’s incident I was aware that she was pissed off but I wasn’t able to stop it in time. But I told him (the student) afterwards ‘you’re too aggressive you pissed a girl off, that’s not how you pick up women.’

It seems that you’re teaching your students not to take no for an answer.:

I don’t agree with that at all. I honestly didn’t recognize that I’d approached her (Nicole) in the past. We have so many interactions and see so many faces that we don’t actually remember who we’ve approached. When I go out right now on any given night at least 3 girls I talk to will say that I’ve approached them before. And I’ll excuse myself and walk away, or I’ll just keep talking.

NEED to get CREEP CATCHERS on this guy hahaha.

flagella 09-19-2016 07:55 AM

I stopped when I saw his hair.

320icar 09-19-2016 07:56 AM

Do women not know they can just say "no"? Lol.

Is he a criminal serial rapist? Or just an asshole. I bet you there are a lot of assholes who go to UBC. Or hell, just live in Vancouver. You're entire fucking life can't be a safe space.

Not condoning this loser, but sometime people gotta put their adult pants on and adult

Quote:

the university says it’s aware Huang was at the school, but that he did nothing wrong and didn’t violate any of the school’s policies

spideyv2 09-19-2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8789235)

Is he a criminal serial rapist? Or just an asshole. I bet you there are a lot of assholes who go to UBC. Or hell, just live in Vancouver. You're entire fucking life can't be a safe space.

Not condoning this loser, but sometime people gotta put their adult pants on and adult

From what I've read, the issue is him and his clients continuing to pursue females who have already said "no"

Infiniti 09-19-2016 09:39 AM

Might as well tell the clients of this guy to join the UBC swim team

Armind 09-19-2016 09:41 AM

GLOW 09-19-2016 09:44 AM

say "no"...guy refuses and aggressively pursues you...if you feel unsafe why not just call ubc security? at that point it must be ended no?

Mr.HappySilp 09-19-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8789235)

iF THE LADY SAID NO AND they still go after her, she should be allow to kick them in the balls with steel toe boots and then step on his balls with high heels. Or she could scream really loud "Help!" Once that's done you will never see him on UBC campus lol. Doesn't really matter if he did anything at that point. Public will always take the side of a poor crying girl. Given his history no one would believe him.

Liquid_o2 09-19-2016 10:31 AM

This guy sounds like the biggest loser.

Quote:

For this incident it was my terrible attempt at humour. And she was really pissed off. But that’s not what I teach to my students. She was a girl that I felt that I had a true emotional connection with. I didn’t know what to do because I really really liked her. So literally that was me trying everything that I could to get an emotional reaction from her. If guys meet a girl that they like they just don’t know what to do and act irrationally.
So his job is a coach to "shy" guys, but he treats women like shit when they say not to him because he is irrational. Sounds like the perfect teacher. Douchebag.

Razor Ramon HG 09-19-2016 12:01 PM

westopher 09-19-2016 01:16 PM

Guy looks like a fucking pussy.
I love people being impressed by someone who "successfully" picks up naive girls from bars.
That said, he's not a threat, he's just a fucking loser. Its not UBCs job to protect their students from people they don't like. If he harasses someone, they should call the police and have them deal with it.

Acura604 09-19-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8789321)
Guy looks like a fucking pussy.
I love people being impressed by someone who "successfully" picks up naive girls from bars.
That said, he's not a threat, he's just a fucking loser. Its not UBCs job to protect their students from people they don't like. If he harasses someone, they should call the police and have them deal with it.

FIXED:

[QUOTE=westopher;8789321]Guy looks like a fucking pussy.
I love people being impressed by someone who "successfully" picks up naive DRUNK girls from bars.

GS8 09-19-2016 01:23 PM

So glad I'm not in college and university anymore. I worry so much about the future generation of college kids.

Pay / borrow tens of thousands just to endure this safe space seeking, overly privileged and entitled suburban banshee choir?

:fuckthatshit:

You don't have to agree with anyone's views but free speech is exactly what it is.

Jmac 09-19-2016 03:55 PM

People I don't agree with came onto my campus! :QQ:

dvst8 09-19-2016 03:58 PM

Guess this guy didn't care about bad publicity last year

StylinRed 09-19-2016 04:29 PM

uhmmm so girls now a days cant handle being picked up by a guy???

and to the younger guys on here, when u ask a girl for her number and she says 'no' do you just hang your head and walk away? or do you try and chit chat a bit more before asking again? cuz if u just hang ur head and walk away you're going to die lonely... and if that's considered harassing then these safe-space bitches can fuck right off lol

dbaz 09-19-2016 05:27 PM

just saw the interview with him on global. comes off as a huge douche whos trying to turn his club conquests into a business.

he seems to think that there's no possible outcomes that could hurt anyone. dafuk?

Mr.Money 09-19-2016 05:40 PM

why don't they troll him tho?..

i bet you could say the rudest things to the dude and make a joke out of it

GLOW 09-19-2016 07:00 PM

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/102010/128...ys-herself.gif

tiger_handheld 09-19-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvst8 (Post 8789385)
Guess this guy didn't care about bad publicity last year

Buddy is like Trump - any publicity is good publicity. Just need the public to talk about him...

richardmozis 09-19-2016 07:50 PM

I'm not surprised that journalists and students immediately make the connection to sexual assault. "1 in 5 women are raped on campus" Oh please, more like 1 in 5 women are hit on by Jan Huang.

meme405 09-19-2016 09:10 PM

Women raise concerns over Vancouver pick-up artist - BC | Globalnews.ca

There was another case about simillar behaviour on Granville street last year.

I'm not condoning taking pickup classes or what this guy does, but I will say this: I hear a lot of women complaining about the lack of relationships in this city, well maybe because you act like you have been verbally raped when a guy tries to talk to you and make a connection.

Girls need to just say no, and guys need to learn when to walk away. But you can't criminalize a guy for trying to talk to a girl. Otherwise girls, you better be willing to die alone, cause all these news stories aren't exactly a positive sign to men trying to meet women.

Akinari 09-19-2016 09:33 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Yd6jPtR.png

:facepalm:

This is wrong on so many levels. Attacking the newly appointed and quite frankly, awesome president, over a politically incorrect douchebag walking on campus trying to pick up girls?

Sorry but if you have the word feminist or feminism in your username, the chances I'm going to take you seriously is close to zero, especially coming from UBC...

dbaz 09-19-2016 09:39 PM

thats a crazy bitch taking things too far.

id be a bit worried about the people that are low enough to get a guy like this to help them. it could lead to bad things

twitchyzero 09-19-2016 10:29 PM

watched the video...that's a sure way to get mono
can't believe our generation used to play spin the bottle...is that still a thing? :heckno: