REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/computer-tech-gaming-electronics_32/)
-   -   in wall/ceiling speakers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710501-wall-ceiling-speakers.html)

Hondaracer 09-30-2016 04:25 PM

in wall/ceiling speakers

anyone have any recomendations for in-ceiling speakers?

doing a reno and it's easy enough to install them right now so was considering it.. i dont really want to buy online just due to time constraints.. so places like visions etc. seem to have decent selection

would be looking for somthing around $200 a pair hopefully.. if possible..

anyone know of any brands or recommendations to make?

Visions has quite a few but havent had time to check out reviews yet:

Home Loudspeakers | In-Wall / In-Ceiling Speakers

Urrtoast 09-30-2016 05:15 PM

Polk Audio from Visions is going to be one of your best bets for value and sound, Make sure you use a rear baffle or hat to protect the back of the speaker from debris and dust.

highfive 10-01-2016 11:20 AM

Polk Audio RC60i 6.5" In-Ceiling Speakers - Pair : Home Speakers - Best Buy Canada

Manic! 10-01-2016 03:37 PM

Run the wire mark the spot, cut the whole and install the speakers later.

Hondaracer 10-01-2016 06:22 PM

It's not new construction but I'm going to be opening walls where the ceiling meets the wall so easy enough to fish wires etc

beatdownvictim 10-01-2016 07:34 PM

I went cheap with mine and just got some monoprice and micca ones off amazon.com

Both get good reviews for budget ceiling on avsforum

Manic! 10-02-2016 08:40 AM

Monoprice is a good bet. What are you using these for?

jing 10-02-2016 09:46 AM

Depending how fancy you get, you may want to run Cat5e to your volume controls instead of 16/4 for a multi zone, multi source system. Russound makes a good product that I've had a bit of experience with and their product support is decent. I've seen Proficient Audio around the local suppliers as well. Factor Audio is a local company that I think OEM's from offshore but they have an office in Burnaby that they can do some product demos for you. Doubt it's open to gen pop but you may be able to get in through your trade connections

Hondaracer 10-02-2016 12:18 PM

they are going to be used as supplements for surround sound in the living room/TV room, and then right beside this room is the kitchen/dining room, the two rooms are only separated by french doors

will be looking into multi zone setup for somthing along the lines of playing music/bluetooth stuff into the kitchen speakers and retaining the TV and home theatre channels in the other room, nothing too crazy but have to weigh my options and get it right the first time as i really dont want to be opening walls again

Koflach 10-02-2016 06:44 PM

In our old house we installed monoprice in wall speakers for our two fronts and the centre channel. for what you pay, you really cant go wrong. While you're at it, get all the wiring and things from there too. The wall plates and banana plugs are good investment as well.

quasi 10-03-2016 11:31 AM

I have some I bought from Visions, can't remember the type at the moment but they work fairly decent. I liked that I was able to paint the grills the same color as the wall and ceiling they blend in decently.

Unrelated I almost never use my media room any more, I'm going to rearrange it get rid of the wall/ceiling speakers and 110" screen downsize to a 50" LED TV. I found with the projectors your replacing the bulbs way to often and the color and crispness fades a lot even when it's still 1/2 good. I also am not loving the dark room anymore, black ceiling is just way to dark.

Hondaracer 10-03-2016 12:06 PM

My parents home theatre gets decent use but mainly because it's kind of my moms Tv room and dad watches stuff in the living room.

However when I lived there I used it less and less, even though the projector startup time was nothing, just the process and being in a completely dark room kind of became tiring for anything outside of movies.

Projectors have come a long way though since we first bought one for the home theatre 8 years ago, they have a 4K projector now which was under 2k and you can easily watch it in full day light

Manic! 10-03-2016 02:35 PM

I don't think you can get a rel 4 k projector for under 10k.

Ulic Qel-Droma 10-04-2016 03:52 AM

yeah i agree with maniac... please show me a 2000 dollar 4k projector...
I've been running 1080p projector for 2 years now... every 6 months I look up 4k projectors and nothing has changed for the past year lol.

when are 4k laser projectors gonna be 2k? LOL!!

Hondaracer 10-05-2016 06:42 AM

sorry its just a 1080p 3D projector, my mistake