REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 09-30-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
in wall/ceiling speakers

anyone have any recomendations for in-ceiling speakers?

doing a reno and it's easy enough to install them right now so was considering it.. i dont really want to buy online just due to time constraints.. so places like visions etc. seem to have decent selection

would be looking for somthing around $200 a pair hopefully.. if possible..

anyone know of any brands or recommendations to make?

Visions has quite a few but havent had time to check out reviews yet:

Home Loudspeakers | In-Wall / In-Ceiling Speakers
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2016, 05:15 PM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Polk Audio from Visions is going to be one of your best bets for value and sound, Make sure you use a rear baffle or hat to protect the back of the speaker from debris and dust.
Urrtoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Polk Audio RC60i 6.5" In-Ceiling Speakers - Pair : Home Speakers - Best Buy Canada
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Run the wire mark the spot, cut the whole and install the speakers later.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #5

It's not new construction but I'm going to be opening walls where the ceiling meets the wall so easy enough to fish wires etc
Old 10-01-2016, 07:34 PM   #6

I went cheap with mine and just got some monoprice and micca ones off amazon.com

Both get good reviews for budget ceiling on avsforum

D-Built 2.0 LSVTEC TURBO
beatdownvictim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:40 AM   #7

Monoprice is a good bet. What are you using these for?
Old 10-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #8
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Depending how fancy you get, you may want to run Cat5e to your volume controls instead of 16/4 for a multi zone, multi source system. Russound makes a good product that I've had a bit of experience with and their product support is decent. I've seen Proficient Audio around the local suppliers as well. Factor Audio is a local company that I think OEM's from offshore but they have an office in Burnaby that they can do some product demos for you. Doubt it's open to gen pop but you may be able to get in through your trade connections
Old 10-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #9

they are going to be used as supplements for surround sound in the living room/TV room, and then right beside this room is the kitchen/dining room, the two rooms are only separated by french doors

will be looking into multi zone setup for somthing along the lines of playing music/bluetooth stuff into the kitchen speakers and retaining the TV and home theatre channels in the other room, nothing too crazy but have to weigh my options and get it right the first time as i really dont want to be opening walls again
Old 10-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #10

In our old house we installed monoprice in wall speakers for our two fronts and the centre channel. for what you pay, you really cant go wrong. While you're at it, get all the wiring and things from there too. The wall plates and banana plugs are good investment as well.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #11
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I have some I bought from Visions, can't remember the type at the moment but they work fairly decent. I liked that I was able to paint the grills the same color as the wall and ceiling they blend in decently.

Unrelated I almost never use my media room any more, I'm going to rearrange it get rid of the wall/ceiling speakers and 110" screen downsize to a 50" LED TV. I found with the projectors your replacing the bulbs way to often and the color and crispness fades a lot even when it's still 1/2 good. I also am not loving the dark room anymore, black ceiling is just way to dark.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #12

My parents home theatre gets decent use but mainly because it's kind of my moms Tv room and dad watches stuff in the living room.

However when I lived there I used it less and less, even though the projector startup time was nothing, just the process and being in a completely dark room kind of became tiring for anything outside of movies.

Projectors have come a long way though since we first bought one for the home theatre 8 years ago, they have a 4K projector now which was under 2k and you can easily watch it in full day light
Old 10-03-2016, 02:35 PM   #13

I don't think you can get a rel 4 k projector for under 10k.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:52 AM   #14
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
yeah i agree with maniac... please show me a 2000 dollar 4k projector...
I've been running 1080p projector for 2 years now... every 6 months I look up 4k projectors and nothing has changed for the past year lol.

when are 4k laser projectors gonna be 2k? LOL!!
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2016, 06:42 AM   #15

sorry its just a 1080p 3D projector, my mistake