REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,905 Times in 752 Posts
2017 Honda CR-V

Bold and Sophisticated Styling and Turbo Engine Power Restate the All-New 2017 Honda CR-V as the Outright Benchmark Compact SUV

Oct 13, 2016
America's Best-Selling SUV gains more powerful turbo engine offering class-leading fuel efficiency
Honda Sensing™ technology now standard on EX and higher trims
New Display Audio featuring Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
More premium interior boasts larger cabin with best-in-class rear seat legroom and larger, more versatile cargo space

DETROIT – Honda has pulled the wraps off an all-new, fifth-generation CR-V, America's best-selling SUV over the past 20 years. The completely redesigned and reengineered 2017 CR-V, going on sale this winter, boasts bold new styling, a more premium interior, the model's first-ever turbocharged engine and a host of new features and technologies aimed at maintaining CR-V's status as the outright benchmark in the highly popular compact SUV segment. American car buyers have purchased nearly 4 million CR-Vs since its U.S. launch in 1997.

"The new Honda CR-V raises the bar in every imaginable way, delivering more performance, space and premium content together with higher fuel economy ratings and value than ever before," said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division. "Customers are going to love what they see and what they experience behind the wheel of this new CR-V."

Bold and Sophisticated New Design
The new CR-V styling heads in a fresh new direction with an aggressive attitude, thanks to crisp and sharp front-end design elements, aggressive stylized headlights surrounded by a wing-shaped LED DRL array on all trims, and wide, muscular fenders. The long hood, longer wheelbase, short rear overhang and dual exhausts give the new CR-V a more sophisticated and athletic presence.

The CR-V's new windswept front end appearance includes signature Honda LED headlights (Touring trim), a Honda-first Automatic Shutter Grille System that lowers aerodynamic drag, uprated aluminum alloy wheel sizes to 17 or 18 inches on all trims and narrower A-pillars for improved visibility. Adding convenience is a Honda-first available Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate, which allows opening and closing the tailgate with a foot activated sensor under the rear of the vehicle. Available Auto High Beam with High Beam Support (HSS) headlights, chrome garnishes, rain-sensing windshield wipers, roof rails and numerous Genuine Honda Accessories also expand beauty, convenience and functionality.

New Powertrain and Chassis Technology
The 2017 CR-V in EX and higher trims will feature CR-V's first ever turbocharged engine, a more powerful and fuel-efficient 1.5-liter DOHC, direct-injected and turbocharged in-line 4-cylinder powerplant rated at 190 horsepower (SAE net) and delivering incredibly refined and responsive performance across the engine's full operating range. Combined with the CR-V's more aerodynamic body, the new turbocharged powerplant will garner the highest EPA fuel economy ratings in the compact SUV class. CR-V LX trims will be powered by a 2.4-liter DOHC, direct-injected i-VTECÔ engine, and both engines will be mated to a smooth shifting and sporty continuously variable transmission (CVT) with Honda G-Shift control logic. Detailed specifications, including EPA ratings, will be provided closer to launch.

The all-new body and chassis design in the 2017 CR-V provides more agile and confident handling, greater refinement, additional ground clearance and superior overall versatility. Its front MacPherson strut and rear multi-link suspension utilize specially tuned low-friction dampers, with both FWD and AWD models including tubular front and solid rear stabilizer bars that promote quick turn-in and flatter cornering. Dual-pinion, variable ratio Electric Power Steering (EPS) also contributes to the CR-V's direct and satisfying steering feel.

More Premium, Spacious and Technologically Advanced Interior
The 2017 CR-V also raises the bar for interior refinement, utility and premium features in the compact SUV class. The more spacious cabin, with top-in-class interior space and the best rear seat legroom in its class, features upgraded materials throughout, including a new soft-touch instrument panel and more intricately stitched seats. A color TFT driver information interface (DII) center meter display adds to the handsome new design aesthetic.

The CR-V offers the latest in-vehicle connectivity and audio performance with a new generation of advanced technologies. Available features include a 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio interface with Android operating system that now features a physical volume knob as well as an available new Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ developed in cooperation with the experts at Garmin®. The CR-V's Display Audio system is compatible with the Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ platforms, giving customers seamless integration of key smartphone features and functions, including smartphone-powered GPS navigation and voice-controlled search capabilities.

Some of the key new comfort and convenience features available on the 2017 Honda CR-V include remote engine start, dual-zone climate controls, heated side mirrors, an Electric Parking Brake (EPB), rear USB charging ports, front passenger seat with 4-way power adjustment and driver's seat with 8-way power adjustment and 4-way power lumbar support and heated front and rear outboard seats.

Advanced Safety and Driver-Assistive Technology
The refreshed 2015 CR-V debuted the Honda Sensing suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies, helping it capture the 2015 Motor Trend Sport Utility of the Year honors. The 2017 CR-V further expands the application of Honda Sensing as standard equipment on EX and higher trims, expected to account for upwards of 75 percent of CR-V sales.

Honda Sensing includes Collision Mitigation Braking (CMBS) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and pedestrian sensing capability, Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with low-speed follow and Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS). Additional new driver-assistive technologies include the available Blind Spot Information (BSI), Rear Cross Traffic Monitor (CTM) and Auto High Beam (HSS) headlights.

Utilizing Honda's next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, the 2017 CR-V targets the highest available collision safety ratings, including an NCAP 5-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and a TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), including a SUPERIOR rating for frontal crash prevention when equipped with Honda Sensing.

The 2017 Honda CR-V will be produced at three plants in North America – in East Liberty, Ohio; Alliston, Ontario, Canada; and, for the first time, in Greensburg, Indiana using domestic and globally sourced parts. Engines for the new CR-V will be manufactured in Anna, Ohio and in Alliston, Ontario, with the CVT being produced in Russells Point, Ohio.

Advertisement
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
pretty much looks like an RVR

i haven't liked a CRV since the first gen
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,187 Times in 2,466 Posts
This thing is almost as big as the 1st gen Pilot now...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
While I can't say I particularly like or dislike any part of the new exterior design, save for the wheels maybe that looks quite questionable, that interior is visually a huge step up in every way compared to everything Honda currently offers.

The engineers apparently used the X3 as the benchmark for this new revision, and while I can't speak for how it drives compared to the X3, the interior definitely looks up to par. The design just works. Honda has been doing a great job on their interiors as of late, as seen in the new Civic and now this. Can't wait to see what the next gen Accord will look like.

It will be interesting to see how many will opt for the 1.5T model over the 2.4 models, unless they offer the trim levels similar to the current Civic, with LX and EX models getting the NA and the EX-T and Touring getting the turbo.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 03:45 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Grew up loving Hondas. But Toyota Design > Honda Design since 10+ years ago. Fucking sad.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:54 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Grew up loving Hondas. But Toyota Design > Honda Design since 10+ years ago. Fucking sad.
Well if we're comparing apples to apples here, I'm sure most of here would agree this new CR-V looks miles better than the current RAV4 inside and out.

Will most definitely drive miles better than the RAV4 too. The current RAVs were my least liked car to drive out of everything Toyota offered back when I worked for them. They're just so terrible.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 05:45 PM   #7
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
I thought the C was meant to be Compact?

Thing looks huge

Akinari, I'm not a fan of the current Rav4 either due to its size, but IMO it looks better than this crv
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,153 Times in 953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
This thing is almost as big as the 1st gen Pilot now...
2017 CR-V: 180.6x73x66
1G Pilot: 188x77x71

The CR-V is getting bigger and bigger but it ain't THAT big. Still a full size class apart from the 1G Pilot (though I bet the rear seat is just as big now). A CX-5 is only a couple inches smaller (and will probably get bigger in the next revision).

Hate the nose but the rest of the car seems pretty interesting - I find the CX-5 a wee bit small on the inside and this looks like it's at least half a size bigger on the inside.

Wish it had an optional 2.0L turbo - it implies that the Civic SI will come with this engine as well.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 09:33 PM   #9
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
pretty much looks like an RVR

i haven't liked a CRV since the first gen

How tho? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 09:49 PM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 350 Posts
http://static.mitsubishicars.com/img...y-red/05-d.png

looks like an outlander
rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2016, 10:48 PM   #11
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
this thread is now about modified CR-Vs

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2016, 10:54 PM   #12
I don't get it

saw the GT-RV had to double back to see if this was Timpo lul
ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:27 AM   #13
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 2,080 Times in 419 Posts
Hopefully buying a 1st Gen this sat. The new one reminds me too much of a Rav-4.

2000 Honda Civic SiR Vogue Silver Metallic [EM1]
2001 Infiniti QX4 Tuscan Beige Metallic[R50]
Scoots
01' Honda Dio 50cc [AF27]

01' Honda Dio 72cc Big Bore [AF27]
89' Honda Elite R 49cc [SE50]
TopsyCrett is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 06:24 AM   #14
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Well if we're comparing apples to apples here, I'm sure most of here would agree this new CR-V looks miles better than the current RAV4 inside and out.

Will most definitely drive miles better than the RAV4 too. The current RAVs were my least liked car to drive out of everything Toyota offered back when I worked for them. They're just so terrible.
ah but you see Toyota put their premium design into the Lexus now instead

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjalapeno View Post
How tho? lol
i meant outlander lol
outside of the lancer i don't know shit all what Mitsu puts out these days
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 10-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #16
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
ah but you see Toyota put their premium design into the Lexus now instead
Even then, its just the design. Their mechanical stuff is still very behind everyone else and they're not innovative at all.

4 speed auto on the Corolla

A de-tuned 10 year old 3.5L V6 on the new IS300...why?

Using a dated V8 from the IS-F on the RC-F when everyone else has moved on to FI

etc..
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 10:41 AM   #17
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^I know why... RELIABILITY!
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 10:50 AM   #18

Because lean six sigma
Old 10-14-2016, 10:53 AM   #19
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,187 Times in 2,466 Posts
It isn't like Toyota doesn't have new and sophisticated engine tech -- their 2.0L turbo engine in the NX 200T / IS 200T seems like a reasonably modern piece of technology, and their new/revised 296hp 3.5L V6 in the Sienna and Highlander is still entirely competitive.

But when there are enough sheeps out there that is perfectly content to pay big $$$ for dated tech that has totally paid for themselves more than 10x over, why would you want to innovate?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2016, 02:19 PM   #20
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
We enjoy our 2013 CRV. Spacious interior and no mechanical issues so far. I also found the CX-5 a bit small inside. The CX-5 is a much more firm and sporty ride if that is what you are after.

The new wheels and front end are a bit strange. Throw back to the 2007-2011 version with the gap under the grill:

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:34 PM   #21
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I think this new CRV follows the new design of Honda and it still looks better than this gens Rav4.
Retrac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #22
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Even then, its just the design. Their mechanical stuff is still very behind everyone else and they're not innovative at all.

4 speed auto on the Corolla

A de-tuned 10 year old 3.5L V6 on the new IS300...why?

Using a dated V8 from the IS-F on the RC-F when everyone else has moved on to FI

etc..
Because don't fix what's not broken.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote