REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-16-2016, 06:02 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,964 Times in 535 Posts
Neighbors vs Williams' garage - Ridiculous Lawsuit in the States

I am sure many of you have already caught wind of this, the 2 main articles are here

Awful People Are Suing Their Neighbor Because He Works On Cars In His Amazing Garage

Neighbors Sue Man for Working on Cars in His Garage

I will spare the long read to the people that are interested but basically here is the jest of it...

- Guy sells some part of his property to raise some cash
- Guy builds an awesome garage with lift and shit ton of tools to share between him and his friends
- Guy gets sued by neighbour and get accused of...

- running an unlicensed business
- building not up to "code"
- excessive noise, odour and increased traffic on the street

- made a sign of death threat against the guy
- set up automated timed camera to catch all the "traffic" at the guy's driveway
- county inspectors has dropped by numerous times randomly to inspect facility and found no evidence of a "commercial" business
- apparently building permits were applied before garage renovation began

Good news is... the court is pretty much in the garage's favour, gofundme was reached in less than 4 days to cover the legal costs

Now ofc I understand that the video is biased, and in all cases, the articles linked are biased. But come on, the more I read up on this story... the more I get worked up... And the interview in the video for the "neighbour" side of the story pretty much has put the nail on the coffin for me....

I cant imagine the amount of grief he has experienced because of this shit...
Advertisement

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2016, 07:12 AM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
The neighbor is going too far with things like death threats, but I would have the same concern if my neighbor goes full out on his garage because of the similar reasons that were mentioned. If I were still a bachelor I would be tempted to just say "well, cool now I get to see bunch of cool cars." But now as a father with little ones around, the first thing I would think of is the increased traffic and what types of people this is going to attract. The last thing I want is some fuckhead hotrods loving dudes (apologize for the negative stereotypes) roaming around and fill the streets with their cars. You'd also bet I'll increase my security and put cameras around. Noise is also a huge issue and I'm assuming he's gonna be working on cars with garage door open.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-16-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

Hope this guy wins and gets his court fee's awarded.

These neighbours got nothing else better to do. Their case is so weak. If this guy was seen taking money for his services, that's their best bet, but they can't even prove that.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,737 Times in 3,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
Tl what types of people this is going to attract. The last thing I want is some fuckhead hotrods loving dudes (apologize for the negative stereotypes)
Dude.... That is shockingly closed minded for someone who is on a car forum. You mean you don't want 50-60 year old guys living next door that still like to work on cars and knows what a carb is?

Jesus. I'd much rather have some "hotrod fuckhead" live next door instead of a bunch of slammed drift slut cars owned by kids, who generally have way less respect for their community
Old 10-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #5
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Last edited by MrPhreak; 08-20-2017 at 01:54 PM.
MrPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2016, 10:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Dude.... That is shockingly closed minded for someone who is on a car forum. You mean you don't want 50-60 year old guys living next door that still like to work on cars and knows what a carb is?

Jesus. I'd much rather have some "hotrod fuckhead" live next door instead of a bunch of slammed drift slut cars owned by kids, who generally have way less respect for their community
I'd rather have neither. If it's a quiet neighborhood, let it be. I didn't read the whole article but if it doesn't lead to increased traffic and noise, and if people who are coming over are respectful of the surroundings, I'm fine with it.

It has noting to do with being close minded lol. Get mad much?

About racing venue, again I don't know what the details are but don't expect people to willingly accept a racing venue within a proximity where the noises will be heard.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 3,079 Times in 958 Posts
Women ruin everything.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #8
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Man, fucking hillbilly death threat. Quoting the Bible and shits.

On the issue, the guy needs to minimize the sound somehow (sound deadening material). I wouldn't appreciate it either if my fucking neighbor just drilling, welding all damn day long.

And race track close to a neighborhood is obviously a no. You can go to the middle of nowhere and do your autocross thing. Nobody in their right mind would be OK with that. People drive their cars pretty hard doing autocross and with the amount of aftermarket fart can out there, no thank you.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,682 Times in 1,623 Posts
The original judgment is already out, and is in public records. You lazy fucks can search and read it up.

Judge dismissed all complaints, saying noise was not an issue because the garage is super far from the cunts' house, there's another neighbour that hasn't complained at all, and that there's a big public road that causes far more noise. Same deal with noise, vandalism, etc.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:41 PM   #10

^rofl, OP should've just posted that in the first place. Well, in that case the plaintiff is just being a dick.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:22 PM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
^rofl, OP should've just posted that in the first place. Well, in that case the plaintiff is just being a dick.
Oh so now that you realize you were wrong, the plaintiff's are just dicks...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2016, 08:32 PM   #12

How shallow are you? I initially only read OP's brief summary of this story. Based on that summary, any rational person will think of the impact of someone expanding his garage to do more work including potential increased noises, increased traffic, the types of people that will attract, and etc. I have been in the car scene long enough to know how this can potentially and inevitably attract fuckheads with no respect. I live in a cul de sac and I have a few neighbors who are gearheads and work on their cars in their garage from time to time. I'm fine with it because they only work on their own cars and are respectful of the community.

Thanks to inv4zn shedding some more details and updates, the story is no longer the same after incorporating the fact that the plaintiff is "super far" from the house, and that the noise is not an issue. This is the reason I changed my opinion and said that they are just being dicks.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
This is what happens when old, ugly hags have nothing better to do.

Also, complaining about wasting tax dollars on "non-enforcement" then taking this ridiculous shit to the supreme court ... Hypocrisy much?
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2016, 09:07 PM   #14

Quote:
How shallow are you? I initially only read OP's brief summary of this story. Based on that summary, any rational person will think of the impact of someone expanding his garage to do more work including potential increased noises, increased traffic, the types of people that will attract, and etc. I have been in the car scene long enough to know how this can potentially and inevitably attract fuckheads with no respect. I live in a cul de sac and I have a few neighbors who are gearheads and work on their cars in their garage from time to time. I'm fine with it because they only work on their own cars and are respectful of the community.

Thanks to inv4zn shedding some more details and updates, the story is no longer the same after incorporating the fact that the plaintiff is "super far" from the house, and that the noise is not an issue. This is the reason I changed my opinion and said that they are just being dicks.
So lets say your neighbor allows a friend over to work on his car, as some of my friends have done for me on multiple occasions when I needed a hand. You would call the cops on them?

You say things like traffic, and noise. What do you think this guy is running a dealership sized service center? cause unless he has multiple mexicans working in there, there is no way one guy can service enough cars in a day to create a notable traffic increase in one neighborhood.

Noise is a similar story a lot of stuff which people do when working on their cars generates very little noise, sure air tools, might make a lot of noise, but in general working on cars isn't an extremely loud thing to be doing. Besides depending on where you are from 9am to 11pm you can make as much noise as you like essentially, per the most normal bylaws here in BC.

Honestly the only thing wrong this guy could have been doing, was charging people money, but on multiple occasions they investigated and found he was not doing so. So the fact that fat cunty, and her even uglier cohort continued this beyond a simple call to their county, just proves their stupidity and I'm glad this ordeal costed them $40k+.

I'm not shallow, I've just lived in an apartment long enough to value that now that when I have bought a detached house I don't have to worry about what I can and can't do at my own place.

This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #15
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

There's got to be more to this story. I bet the hags want the rest of this guys property and are trying to drive him out.
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
So lets say your neighbor allows a friend over to work on his car, as some of my friends have done for me on multiple occasions when I needed a hand. You would call the cops on them?

You say things like traffic, and noise. What do you think this guy is running a dealership sized service center? cause unless he has multiple mexicans working in there, there is no way one guy can service enough cars in a day to create a notable traffic increase in one neighborhood.

Noise is a similar story a lot of stuff which people do when working on their cars generates very little noise, sure air tools, might make a lot of noise, but in general working on cars isn't an extremely loud thing to be doing. Besides depending on where you are from 9am to 11pm you can make as much noise as you like essentially, per the most normal bylaws here in BC.

Honestly the only thing wrong this guy could have been doing, was charging people money, but on multiple occasions they investigated and found he was not doing so. So the fact that fat cunty, and her even uglier cohort continued this beyond a simple call to their county, just proves their stupidity and I'm glad this ordeal costed them $40k+.

I'm not shallow, I've just lived in an apartment long enough to value that now that when I have bought a detached house I don't have to worry about what I can and can't do at my own place.

I love how you take things to the extreme. I have absolutely no clue how you managed to conclude that I'll call cops on a neighbor because he had some friends over. You simply assess the situation and take it from there.

You need to cool your head because your post reeks of rage against the plaintiff. They are dumb to give death threats. I simply put myself in that situation and asked myself what I would do.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:07 AM   #17

Quote:
I simply put myself in that situation and asked myself what I would do.
And you came to the conclusion that spending $40k on a lawsuit was reasonable?

My problem is that you are on a car forum, yet you are denouncing other enthusiasts as "Fuckheads" in a completely blanket manner.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:02 AM   #18
I don't get it

Wont be surprised if they were trump supporters
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #19

Not sure why I still keep bother explaining you but I still maintain a slight hope that you will finally comprehend after reading this post. I read only what OP posted, so I didn't see $40K anywhere. Even if I saw it, nowhere in my post did I ever say anything that would lead you to conclude that spending $40k is reasonable.

Why are you getting so offended with the term fuckheads? I'm not denouncing any car enthusiast. I'm merely saying as more people gather, it increases the possibility of a fuckhead showing up.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:30 AM   #20

Thanked 30,977 Times in 7,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvst8 View Post
Wont be surprised if they were trump supporters
Of course they are.
Jesus sent trump to protect them from the muslims, the homos, the aborters and the car enthusiasts.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:45 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,974 Times in 1,680 Posts
There probably is more to this story. But who cares. We're discussing this in a car forum... Which side do you think we're going to be biased on, regardless if we know the full story or not?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:04 PM   #22

Thanked 4,716 Times in 1,729 Posts
HIDE YOUR WIFE! HIDE YOUR KIDS! THE HOTROD LOVERS ARE COMING!
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #23

Thanked 30,977 Times in 7,100 Posts
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
There probably is more to this story. But who cares. We're discussing this in a car forum... Which side do you think we're going to be biased on, regardless if we know the full story or not?
There is a lot more to the story... Did you notice the guy has no legs?

These two old hags are harassing a disabled person... Shame on them....

Old 10-17-2016, 02:23 PM   #25
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,342 Times in 3,438 Posts
His gofundme page has already rasied over $55000.

https://www.gofundme.com/neighbors-v...ton-de-2tvbfck