REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-16-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Richmond vehicle inspection places?

Hey, thinking of picking up a car in Richmond but it will need an ICBC licenced inspector before I can get insurance. Anyone know of any places in Richmond/Bridgeport Road area?
Advertisement
Reximillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:20 PM   #2
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
Only reason you need an ICBC licensed inspection would be for an out of province import. Is that why you need one? If not, you don't really need an ICBC inspection.

I believe Canadian Tires are ICBC licensed inspection. There is one on No. 3 and close to Bridgeport. Here is list of more, lots around Bridgeport:

http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/vehicle...s/PDF/DIFs.pdf
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:19 PM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Another reason is the car could be a rebuilt
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #4

Ya, I'm not sure why he is saying the car needs to be inspected. I did a Carproof and everything came out fine save for a couple of minor accidents. The registration part of the report says it does not need to be inspected. He is telling me that it does.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #5
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Outstanding VI?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:35 PM   #6

I just spoke to him again and he said that he had the car parked and never insured it because when he went to do so the agent said it needs to be inspected. I wonder if ICBC will let me know this info if I gave them the VIN? I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks for your help and list of shops too whitev70r.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Outstanding VI?
Yes, outstanding VI. He bought the car off of a friend in Chilliwack, transferred titled in Richmond and when he went to insure it they said it needed an inspection first. So he parked it at a friends garage. He is moving overseas and just wants to sell the car now. I asked him why the inspection and didn't his friend have insurance before. He said yes but he couldn't renew it. This was a few months now. I asked him to try to get one day insurance one more time to see since its been a while.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:02 PM   #8
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Better do a lien check on it too, just incase it have out standing payments left on the vehicle. Strange it was bought off a "friend" and needed a VI and never done it, considering it is not expensive and after buying a vehicle, he/she will park it and not insure it.
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:25 PM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

What car is it and how old? Not worth going through the hassle of buying a vehicle with unknown box 2 on the title. You'd be more in deep than you'd think. What if it requires major work for it to be done to pass? Unless the car is rare or super cheap, i'd stay far away from it.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenovoTurbo View Post
What car is it and how old? Not worth going through the hassle of buying a vehicle with unknown box 2 on the title. You'd be more in deep than you'd think. What if it requires major work for it to be done to pass? Unless the car is rare or super cheap, i'd stay far away from it.
It's rare and super cheap ($3,000)

What's a box 2 title?

Ya, the last thing I want is for some inspection facility to have me by the balls and wanting me to fix a ton of stuff when in fact I don't. I did ask him if we can go to an autoplan agent together to see if we can get one day insurance. I'd bring the carproof with me and if the agent says no I can ask why. I don't mind spending the time to do that as part of my diligence.

Transferring the title is one thing. Finding out it needs work is another.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza View Post
Better do a lien check on it too, just incase it have out standing payments left on the vehicle. Strange it was bought off a "friend" and needed a VI and never done it, considering it is not expensive and after buying a vehicle, he/she will park it and not insure it.
Carproof shows no liens in Canada.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #12
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Friend ordered a carproof 2 weeks ago. It showed him the lien and at what bank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reximillian View Post
Carproof shows no liens in Canada.
maneetkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #13
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

My guess is that car is a rebuilt but it hasn't gone through the rebuilt tittle change as it needs the inspection before that happens. This guy sounds shady. I would say avoid at all cost. His story doesn't add up. Who buys a car from a friend and just parks it for months because he can't insure it and he's leaving the country. Bunch of bs if you ask me
asma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #14
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reximillian View Post
It's rare and super cheap ($3,000)

What's a box 2 title?

Ya, the last thing I want is for some inspection facility to have me by the balls and wanting me to fix a ton of stuff when in fact I don't. I did ask him if we can go to an autoplan agent together to see if we can get one day insurance. I'd bring the carproof with me and if the agent says no I can ask why. I don't mind spending the time to do that as part of my diligence.

Transferring the title is one thing. Finding out it needs work is another.
The shop will be just running through an inspection checklist to to make sure everything works and is up to code. If anything fails, it will just show fail on the inspection report. It is entirely up to you to have it repaired or not, if it's even repairable. If you do decide to buy this car, be prepared to spend time and money for it to pass inspection.

Think about it, if it doesn't require any work to pass, why wouldn't the owner just pay the $150-$200 for inspection and be much easier for him to sell?

And no, you cannot get any insurance/day permit if the vehicle requires inspection. It must be towed.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:05 PM   #15

Yes, I don't know why either. I asked him to go back and see if he can get one day insurance. If not then I think I'm going to walk away. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:35 PM   #16
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
So what is it?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is online now   Reply With Quote