REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-20-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Nissan takes control of Mitsubishi with Ghosn as chairman

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/20/n...ally-official/

Quote:
After the company's announcement in May, the Nissan's purchase of a 34 percent stake in Mitsubishi is now official. The deal cost Nissan $2.3 billion, according to the Wall Street Journal, and brings Mitsubishi into the Nissan-Renault Alliance. The company explained that this new partnership will manifest itself in shared vehicle platforms and technology, joint purchasing, and shared manufacturing. Nissan also said that this purchase will make the company one of the three largest companies by volume in the world.

Nissan also emphasized that Mitsubishi will very much be a partner in the current alliance with Renault. In addition, Carlos Ghosn, CEO of both Nissan and Renault, has been nominated to be the new chairman of the Mitsubishi board. With Ghosn at the head of the board, current Mitsubishi president and CEO, Osamu Masuko, will remain in his positions but Nissan's current chief competitive officer will join Masuko as co-chief executive officer at Mitsubishi.

With these companies now working together, we'll probably start seeing more commonality between Nissan and Mitsubishi products here in the States. It would also be a great opportunity to get some of Mitsubishi's cooler products here. Perhaps Mitsubishi and Nissan will take our hint about the Delica.

This article has been revised to clarify that Nissan Motors purchased the stake in Mitsubishi, not the Nissan-Renault Alliance, and to add the value of the purchase.
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
The only positive thing I can see coming out of this is Mitsubishi using an existing Nissan/Renault platform to bring the Colt Ralliart back, perhaps to North America.

Otherwise, don't have much hope for something Ghosn is leading...
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

It's funny how Nissan busted them for fuel economy and scoops them up after. It's like weakening a pokemon and using sleep before you catch em.

I always said Mitsu should be Japan's Jeep. Pajero Mini, Pajero, Outlander and a Delica line-up would be rad.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:45 PM   #4
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
new mitsubishi gto with gtr drivetrain and engine pls
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:12 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
I honestly believe Mitsubishi lost the passion to build cars when they decided to axe the EVO... The Lancer design has been out for 10 years with a very subtle face lift for 2016 The mirage is utterly the worst car ever built in the past decade and nothing else from Mitsubishi offers much value when compared to their competitors.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:40 PM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,727 Times in 1,167 Posts
Can't wait for 2018 EVO GT-R.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:07 PM   #7
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
so many of the smaller japanese car companies are hurting right now... i'm wondering if suzuki is going to be next. or maybe mazda. they may look like they are doing good but as a company on a global scale they are not doing enough to be significantly profitable since losing ford as a partner.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
you will see this with Mitsubishi emblems in Mitsubishi dealership

asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:53 PM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
you will see this with Mitsubishi emblems in Mitsubishi dealership

My fiance wants one of these. Can't say I like the looks, but I don't think I'd mind occassionally driving a NISMO version with a 6 speed.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #10
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,060 Times in 1,248 Posts
mirca x mirage

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 PM   #11
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Mirage EV.... under 15k?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #12
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
I honestly believe Mitsubishi lost the passion to build cars when they decided to axe the EVO... The Lancer design has been out for 10 years with a very subtle face lift for 2016 The mirage is utterly the worst car ever built in the past decade and nothing else from Mitsubishi offers much value when compared to their competitors.
built better, backed better!

wow I still remember when the Concept X came out it looked badass. We were lucky to get the production version ressembling it for the most part

Spoiler!

in their defense, the design has aged so well even Subaru copied it

Spoiler!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:58 PM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
My neighbour has that STI (in WRB), makes my BMW look like shit ...
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote