REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-22-2016, 08:40 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Need your Help RS: Kal tire side skirt Damage.

Hey RS,

Today I went to Kal-Tire to get new tires for my car. I picked up my vehicle after work hours just now and I noticed some damage on my side skirt. I believe they tried to lift the car where my bumper wrapped around at the bottom and not the areas where the metal was exposed for the lift. I will bring the car back to them first thing Monday morning when they open.

What should I do RS members? Should I ask for compensation of some sort? If so, how much? Can they deny the damage? Can I even get any compensation?

Thanks RS for your opinions.

Advertisement

Last edited by vash13; 10-22-2016 at 08:51 PM.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,737 Times in 3,863 Posts
Uh. Just go straigh to the manager and show him the damage. Not sure what you expect from RS.

Edit: at the tire shop I work at, we throw money at members if there is any damage. Kal-tire is the closest competitor so I assume they will work with you
Old 10-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #3

[/QUOTE]Edit: at the tire shop I work at, we throw money at members if there is any damage. Kal-tire is the closest competitor so I assume they will work with you[/QUOTE]

You think it is reasonable to ask for a new side skirt or money back equivalent to that?
Old 10-22-2016, 09:01 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,737 Times in 3,863 Posts
Yes. If they damaged it then they need to fix or replace it. Do not ask for the cash equivelant as that is not the right way. Proper cause, remedy and cost will need to be noted for the paperwork side / incident report with the company. They may ask you to source the part, and then they reimburse you.

That's assuming it all goes well
Old 10-22-2016, 09:15 PM   #5
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
youre probably gonna come back here telling us they denied doing the damage. I mean, it's all hearsay. What says they did it ? Im on your side, i tend to believe people when they make these type of threads, but companies...well some can be a little different lol Best of luck!

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
youre probably gonna come back here telling us they denied doing the damage. I mean, it's all hearsay. What says they did it ? Im on your side, i tend to believe people when they make these type of threads, but companies...well some can be a little different lol Best of luck!
It will be frustrating if they do deny it. I literally live a block away from the shop and heard the scrap of the plastic that is sticking out when I drove out of their lot.

I gave my business to a big organization in hopes they won't deny small claims like these.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #7
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Perhaps they scraped something ? Doesn't look like it is caused by a hoist..
Old 10-22-2016, 10:00 PM   #8
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I had a similar incident a few years back with my Accord. I had one of the Kal Tires in Langley rebalance my wheels after a weight was thrown on the highway. Because that car was low as hell, all the other Kal Tires I had dealt with in the past would use spare chunks of wood or whatever they had laying around before jacking the car up. This location said it wasn't a problem, so I didn't think anything of it. While waiting for my car, I went outside and saw the tech get into my car and attempt to enter the shop. Instead of using a ground lift, he decided to try and drive it up onto a ramp. Of course the break over angle was too great and he kept smashing up against the side skirt and undercarriage. He finally gave up after I came over and asked wtf he was doing with his repeated attempts when the car was clearly not going to make it.

There ended up being some yellow paint transfer from the ramp that made its way to the car, along with a little bit of scrape damage. Ended up talking to the manager on duty about it and he agreed to get it fixed. It was a pretty easy process dealing with them as they took care of everything. Only minor thing was that I wanted to keep the car so I had to drive around with a missing side skirt for a couple days while it was repaired at a body shop. But no big deal, really.

The damage in the first post looks similar to what I had, though mine was far more minor. If the car was on a ramp and was driven off with too much of an angle, that could have caused the damage.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2016, 10:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I had a similar incident a few years back with my Accord. I had one of the Kal Tires in Langley rebalance my wheels after a weight was thrown on the highway. Because that car was low as hell, all the other Kal Tires I had dealt with in the past would use spare chunks of wood or whatever they had laying around before jacking the car up. This location said it wasn't a problem, so I didn't think anything of it. While waiting for my car, I went outside and saw the tech get into my car and attempt to enter the shop. Instead of using a ground lift, he decided to try and drive it up onto a ramp. Of course the break over angle was too great and he kept smashing up against the side skirt and undercarriage. He finally gave up after I came over and asked wtf he was doing with his repeated attempts when the car was clearly not going to make it.

There ended up being some yellow paint transfer from the ramp that made its way to the car, along with a little bit of scrape damage. Ended up talking to the manager on duty about it and he agreed to get it fixed. It was a pretty easy process dealing with them as they took care of everything. Only minor thing was that I wanted to keep the car so I had to drive around with a missing side skirt for a couple days while it was repaired at a body shop. But no big deal, really.

The damage in the first post looks similar to what I had, though mine was far more minor. If the car was on a ramp and was driven off with too much of an angle, that could have caused the damage.

It's only on one side though? Did that happen to you as well?