REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 10-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
Silvercar: Audi A4 car rental at metro US

Anyone heard of Silvercar?
Always Audi A4 car rental at metro US

eg// i'm going to vegas.
free wifi, GPS & paperwork emailed to my phone, unlock it via my phone.

I'm tempted to try; promo now is $39 dollars a day which is legit.

If not, i'm going to have to go back to Avis car rent.

PS: Going to vegas for 4 days with buddy learning California Superbike school that's why.

just airport + track day + lotus of siam will already worth the rental esp. traffic jam going to the race track.
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Yes, it's great to use, especially when you can stack referral/promo codes. I loved having the A4 to drive, it's a great step above the regular rental car offerings and the Google Maps GPS/wifi was handy to have if you don't have a US data plan for your phone. I was in Texas, and ripping along at 80+ MPH was rock solid on the toll roads. Plus, hotel valets tend to give you better service when you pull up in an Audi.

Driving an A4 around beats a Toyota Camry any day. It's a great driving experience and if you find some twisty back roads all the better (they tend to be S-line models with the bigger wheels/low profile tires).

If you can, please use my referral code of 'DTAN' and we both get $25 in credit.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Used it a few times.

1- It's fast to check-in and get the car (3 minutes) and super fast check-out compared to 30+ minutes for other rental companies (if you don't have their fast-checkout system).
2- Payment is simple (they charge your card on file, and no, you cannot use debit or cash)
3- The attendants are friendly.
4- Not all A4s they have are s-line, so request for a Sline if you want a Sline.
5- The same A4 is usually 20% more expensive elsewhere (+ you have to wait longer to get car).
6- If you need to hook a wired solution for your Nano, Iphone, etc., bring your own Audi MMI cable (sometimes, the car does not have it), or just use bluetooth or wifi to transmit the audio to the car's sound system.

Have fun.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #4

Well, it was a ride looking for a ride no pun intended.

For 4 days: it was marketed at $39 but it was really $69 which is fine (cause that's how they run promos).
Total came to $350

Compared to Avis, it was $320 for entry level cars and that's with me having President's Membership status.

$350 vs $320 for a sub compact Ford Focus = Silvercar for sure.

HOWEVER, when I looked at Expedia, it came to CDN $111.46. Can't compare to $200+ dollar difference, so I had to go to Expedia.

Now I just have to confirm parking when I'm at Wynn and how to find parking.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
For 4 days: it was marketed at $39 but it was really $69 which is fine (cause that's how they run promos).
Total came to $350
So it's not actually $39 then?
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:02 AM   #6

^ only on your 1st rental it turns out is $39 per day