REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Trust worthy independent mechanic for Maseratis ? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710811-trust-worthy-independent-mechanic-maseratis.html)

Badhobz 10-31-2016 06:04 AM

Trust worthy independent mechanic for Maseratis ?

I don't feel like paying 1k for an oil change at the dealership on my Gran Turismo. Do you guys have a good independent shop that you recommend locally ?

oldsnail 10-31-2016 06:23 AM

Any of the sponsors are 'recommended' .

not trying to be negative, but what expectations did you have for maintenance for this vehicle to begin with?

toehook 10-31-2016 06:37 AM

:facepalm:

FerrariEnzo 10-31-2016 06:47 AM

you can afford that car but cant dish out for maintenance.. lol

Badhobz 10-31-2016 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsnail (Post 8798731)
Any of the sponsors are 'recommended' .

not trying to be negative, but what expectations did you have for maintenance for this vehicle to begin with?

Nothing really. Just trying to save a buck or two where possible. The annual service recommended from the dealership is for guys who only do about 5-10k a year.

I'm doing about 15-20k and I don't necessarily agree with all the surcharges that would inflate a 150-200 dollar oil change go the 1k mark.

Hell I'd do it myself if I had the time and a decent jack.

!e.lo_ 10-31-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 8798735)

Just like used AMG and M car market

The_AK 10-31-2016 07:18 AM

Valvoline Instant Oil Change place

http://jalopnik.com/lazy-idiots-at-l...1748394648/amp

Galactic_Phantom 10-31-2016 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 8798735)

I know this thread seems very fail worthy, and a magnet for jokes, but theres nothing wrong with trying to save money where possible. Many rich people save like crazy. They don't become rich by blowing money on whatever the fuck they want.

Badhobz 10-31-2016 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom (Post 8798741)
I know this thread seems very fail worthy, and a magnet for jokes, but theres nothing wrong with trying to save money where possible. Many rich people save like crazy. They don't become rich by blowing money on whatever the fuck they want.

Thank you for understanding. It's not that I can't afford it, Im just cheap. Also the dealership is a bit intimidating and I don't know if all the required maintenance is actually required. A good friend of mine with a 458 had cracked bushings and ended up walking out with new control arms instead.

It's a sin for most exotics to go for service outside the dealership but i would be willing to try if there was a reputable one.

Z3guy 10-31-2016 08:02 AM

I don't care what you drive, who doesn't want to save some on dealer maintenance? I don't see Honda, Toyota, or Nissan guys going to the dealer for oil changes once the warranty is up. The OP asked a legit question and you guys jump on him? I am sure the responses would be different if he drove a S2000 or a 370z........

twitchyzero 10-31-2016 08:10 AM

we'd tell them to DIY
is it a lot more difficult to oil change a Ferrari platform compared to the appliances we common folks own?

77civic1200 10-31-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Like Maseratis?

I think the part people are amused by is the fact that he bought the expensive flashy car, but didn't expect it to cost more to maintain. If he wanted to save money he could have bought a corolla, but he wanted people to see him in a exotic. You can't have it both ways

yray 10-31-2016 08:41 AM

just buy a vacuum pump, thats what the dealer ship would do anyways

originalhypa 10-31-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77civic1200 (Post 8798753)
Like Maseratis?

http://i.imgur.com/ZS5J9BM.jpg?fb

:lol

trollface 10-31-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8798736)
Nothing really. Just trying to save a buck or two where possible. The annual service recommended from the dealership is for guys who only do about 5-10k a year.

I'm doing about 15-20k and I don't necessarily agree with all the surcharges that would inflate a 150-200 dollar oil change go the 1k mark.

Hell I'd do it myself if I had the time and a decent jack.

You can get a pretty decent jack for 1k, fyi.

blackjack101 10-31-2016 09:22 AM

try FM Auto Repairs

Curren$y 10-31-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

But...you also don't become rich by penny pinching.

Traum 10-31-2016 09:54 AM

Jokes and BS aside, I'd recommend Dynamic Performance on No. 5 Road:

Dynamic Performance Auto Centre | HOME | Richmond, BC

They service a ton of high end performance and luxury vehicles, including but not limited to Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Porsches, ///M cars, AMG, etc. On any given day, you are pretty much guarantee to find a couple of the above marques parked outside their shop, waiting for work to be done.

The owner, Edwin, came from a motorsports background, and in the past, have had at least owned a GT3 RS and M3, and is very fast around Mission.

Mr.Money 10-31-2016 09:59 AM

now if you need warranty work for something major, Be prepared to get fucked over.

teggy604 10-31-2016 11:24 AM

Like someone mention earlier, can't have it both ways. if you are putting 20K annually buy a beater and drive the GT on weekends. You wouldn't be saving anything really since you are racking up the mileage on the GT it will just lead to bigger and more expensive services faster.

Z3guy 10-31-2016 11:35 AM

^ what are you talking about? the OP wants to save some money by not paying ridiculous dealer service rates. If he had a Porsche, I am sure people would recommend going to see John Brooke or Scan Automotive......

Timpo 10-31-2016 11:50 AM

Here's an oil filter for Maserati Gran Turismo

$56.53 US

WTF? :suspicious: What's the manufacturing cost for this filter?

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/wp-co...2/DSC_2662.jpg

jackmeister 10-31-2016 12:11 PM

OP asked a legit question and you guys rag on him about being cheap. I'm sure most people here would jump on the opportunity to not get raped by the dealership.

What a way to welcome someone.

Badhobz 10-31-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8798783)
Jokes and BS aside, I'd recommend Dynamic Performance on No. 5 Road:

Dynamic Performance Auto Centre | HOME | Richmond, BC

They service a ton of high end performance and luxury vehicles, including but not limited to Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Porsches, ///M cars, AMG, etc. On any given day, you are pretty much guarantee to find a couple of the above marques parked outside their shop, waiting for work to be done.

The owner, Edwin, came from a motorsports background, and in the past, have had at least owned a GT3 RS and M3, and is very fast around Mission.

Thank you! this is exactly the type of recommendations i was hoping to get.

Badhobz 10-31-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8798827)
WTF? :suspicious: What's the manufacturing cost for this filter

its made with grounded up unicorn and leprechaun juice.