REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 11-23-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Nextbit Robbin

Found someone selling it on cl and I have never heard of them (I try to do a rs search but nothing came up)

https://www.nextbit.com/pages/meet-robin
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Maybe because its a kick starter company
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ter-smartphone
Personally I would pass on it and go with a Brand name.
Urrtoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:53 PM   #3
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Their idea is good but I don't like the idea of cloud storage. i mean what if they went bankrupt? Pretty much you will that free online storage. I would maybe get the 1+3T if you are looking for something decent and doesn't cost a lot.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
I've been using it for about 3 weeks. Got it for $120 USD from Amazon Warehouse US, in like new condition.

It's made by Foxconn for Nextbit. The build quality is not as good as one with a metal frame, but it's acceptable. Runs mostly stock Android, with Nougat (on collaboration with Paranoid Android) coming very soon. Pretty active customer support on the Nextbit community forum. They also welcome loading ROMs and tinkering with the phone; it won't void the warranty.

I disabled the cloud feature for photos, since Google Photos can take care of that and I doubt I'll run out of 32gb. The weakest part of the phone is the less-than-stellar camera; autofocus is inconsistent and it's slow to adjust exposure. The battery is small but it can last me a day with average data and screen usage.

Overall, I'm impressed with it, for what it costs. On paper, its performance rivals the Nexus 5X, other than the camera. However, its durability is questionable since it's only made of polycarbonate and glass. I got a Bruises case and a glass screen protector for that.

After owning Samsung and Motorola Android phones, I'd say my experience with the Robin's hardware and software is not inferior to its brand name counterparts at its current price point -- $180 USD new. In fact, its software support is likely better than the brand names.
Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote