REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 11-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
1968 plymouth barracuda

Prefer for sale only may trade for a 04/05+sti or a ducati pantigale/monster

Only reason for sale is i work out of town and often 7 days a week so i dont have any time to enjoy the car like i used to

It is not in perfect shape by any means and there is some bondo on the body but there is very very minimal rust it has been garage kept if your looking for a collector car this is not for you. If your looking for something fun to drive, unique, and want to go from being a average joe to a badass lion-hearted fearless god amongst men... then continue reading

1968 plymouth cuda
around 80k miles on the chassis
less than 15 on motor

Engine:

-10.5:1 compression

-340 V8 bored 0.20" over with ARP rod bolts

-Upgraded oil pump

-Valve springs, 0.455" lift cam (enough lope to make a grown man shed a
tear)

-true roller timing chain

-Moroso road race pan

-Edelbrock single plane manifold

-Holly 650dp carb

-Mallory billet distributor

-Ignition is a multi-spark Crane Hi-6 system.

Exhaust

-original 340 V8 high flow cast iron manifolds (rare)

-2.5" tube and Flowmaster mufflers installed under a raised passenger
side floor, to allow for low ride heights & ground clearance, and so your passenger can sweat excessively in the summer

Suspension:

-1975 k-frame1.14" torsion bars front and flex-a-form fiberglass rear leaf springs with pinion snubber and panhard bar, poly bushings used throughout.

-Power steering box is a rebuild Firm Feel unit
-Adjustable Koni Red shocks

-Stock front control arms

-cant think of any witty lines for suspension

Driveline:

-A-833 four speed transmission with Hurst reverse lockout shifter, with Centerforce clutch and hydraulic clutch master cylinder and throwout bearing. Once the trans fluid gets warm it shifts like butter

-New shifter arm bushings & adjustment

-489 case 8.75" suregrip differential with 3.91 gears (Great in city, not so good on highway)

- Currently using a stock bellhousing, but I can include a SFI approved scattershield with block saver

Electrical: The electrical system was pulled, fixed up and reinstalled. Solder junctions were redone, connectors cleaned, switches cleaned and ground connections redone. The car has front fuses for headlights and relays for hi and lo beams. The dash lights are LEDs and a digital 5v regulator fitted -- yes, the oil pressure gauges work! Additional instrumentation are 3" tach, large LED idiot light for oil pressure, volt meter, and Innovative wideband O2 for tuning the carb to perfection (not quite there yet). The temp gauge stopped working over being stored for the last 6 months.

Other mods:

-Art Morrison 6 point cage

-Fuel Safe fuel cell

-plastic race seat

-rear mounted optima red top battery with external shutoff switch

-New hard lines have been run for brakes and fuel (3/8"), plus new flex
hoses and brake rebuild

-Two complete sets of wheels are included, steel 15x8 and a set of Boyds billet Lotus style 17x11, plenty of room was made for 335/35R17 rubber.

-Extended lug studs and more.

As you can see in the pictures the car looks as great on pavement as it does on flatbed tow trucks!

I did alot of work to the car early last year and was daily driving it but have been too busy to drive it at all car latley,it was built & used for autocross and have been meaning to take it out. Now you can!

The bad:

-Needs steering tightened & alignment (Simple)

-Rebuild title from accident in 1970's (was a front end corner ,everything as
$replaced/fixed)

-Needs new water pump installed but i have a brand new water
pump/belts/thermostat and coolant ready just no time to work on it. It slowly starts to get hot if you get stuck at a few red lights in a row/gridlock

-new plugs or carb cleaned as its difficult to get started after it sits for a few weeks, when this happens i find swearing and yelling at it works good to get it started

-The brakes even though were top of the line back in the day are not that good since they are not modern power brakes, so you cant be a sissy wimp on the brake pedal, you have to push it like a real man

Contact if interested / to renew your mancard

price is neg. as i may have time to fix most issues early next year

more images here / by request

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
Advertisement
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #2
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
beauty! i'd be all over this if it was a 71.
glws
Old 12-15-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
Thank you good sir!

bump. Leaning toward sale only ---offers considered! The car is just laying dormant right now in garage
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote