REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 12-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Wi-Fi Video Doorbell

Has anyone used one? I'm considering getting one, perhaps the Ring Pro, does anyone have any feedback on this one or any other ones?

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Its a hit or miss.. My family bought one as our old AiPhone audio intercom stopped functioning. I love the technology and features however it had horrible lag spikes and sound quality echoed every time someone spoke into it. It "could" possibly be our internet connection or location of the router but we returned it as there has been constant negative reviews from other buyers with similar experience. Eventually we invested in the newer AiPhone video intercom and it has been excellent so far.

If you have fast internet connection, it may be worth a shot to try it out.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:59 PM   #3
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
^long story short. Wired>wireless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

My friend uses Ring and its been working really well.
It notifies you on your phone when somebody shows up to your door and you're able to see + talk to the person through the camera
Records every interaction with a person
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Theres a fee every month for cloud storage if you want to record and save ur videos
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:15 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

For those in the know, are wifi video doorbells and outdoor security cameras mutually exclusive? My dad purchased a wifi video doorbell for over $200 but I'm thinking he may be better off with a video surveillance system.

He's enamoured with the remote response feature. He thinks it'd be great for his home security to pretend he's at home when answering the video doorbell, when he's actually just talking into his phone while out and about. I'm thinking this feature sounds better than real world usage, and betting that there's likely some significant lag and delay involved.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:55 PM   #7
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
It depends on outdoor security camera systems. They are usually exclusive.. for security camera system especially if you want a cloud base one ie you access your manufacturer's website and the website communicate with your camera system vs direct connection (which is more insecure). I recommend Lorex. They have way better infrastructure than other systems like Swann etc.

Don't get outdoor security system that is wifi based eg Nest etc.. they are usually painful and besides since wifi jammers are cheap as chips these days, it is way to easy to be able to disable your security system. Outdoor security camera systems should be wired Ethernet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
For those in the know, are wifi video doorbells and outdoor security cameras mutually exclusive? My dad purchased a wifi video doorbell for over $200 but I'm thinking he may be better off with a video surveillance system.

He's enamoured with the remote response feature. He thinks it'd be great for his home security to pretend he's at home when answering the video doorbell, when he's actually just talking into his phone while out and about. I'm thinking this feature sounds better than real world usage, and betting that there's likely some significant lag and delay involved.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote