REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 01-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Gas Furnace

Our gas furnace that heats the house is making extremely screechy noises and hasn't been replaced for 12 years.

We are thinking of just replacing the entire thing - anyone have recommendations/suggestions on who to contact and what kind of furnace we should buy? Another gas one? Any advice?
Advertisement
RuffleCopterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:42 PM   #2
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Get a company to look at it first, chances are the noise is from the blower and those are usually pretty inexpensive.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Get a company to look at it first, chances are the noise is from the blower and those are usually pretty inexpensive.
+1 to this. Have a pro check out the whole thing, it's probably overdue for service and cleaning. Cuzins Mechanical recently did our hot water tank and gave us a pretty good deal.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #4
I don't get it

I used Joyce Heating. if your furnace is the older giant model the height of a person, you should look into replacing it as the new versions are significantly smaller and more energy efficient. If you want to make a real investment, look into heat pumps.
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
I don't get it

What suzuka84 said. If you don't want to replace the furnace, the cause of the problem is usually pretty simple. Just loosen the bolts that hold the motor that drives the fan and tighten up the belt. The belt may just be loose or need to be replaced.
sleepywheel is offline   Reply With Quote