REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Physiotherapist, Acupuncturist, RMT

Are there any places that do direct billing for Physio, Acupuncture and RMT in Surrey?

Not asking for all in 1 place but I'm looking for recommendations to these places as I do not know of any. I could search and call up these places but I thought I'd come here and ask first.

Thanks in advance!

Mining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,187 Times in 2,466 Posts
Which extended health care provider are you with?

With Blue Cross and Manulife, they have online submission of claims. Usually, a claim takes no more than 5 days before I get reimbursed for it. So when I pay for my services with my credit card, and submit the climb online right away, I almost always end up getting reimbursed before my credit card bill is due.

Something to think about.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
God of Unce

Interested on this also... with Chambers Commerce for EHC
Old 01-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Which extended health care provider are you with?

With Blue Cross and Manulife, they have online submission of claims. Usually, a claim takes no more than 5 days before I get reimbursed for it. So when I pay for my services with my credit card, and submit the climb online right away, I almost always end up getting reimbursed before my credit card bill is due.

Something to think about.
My wife has Manulife I have some shitty carrier through my work but they do cover $500 worth of massage which actually works pretty great. I do 12 x 30 minute sessions early in the year, cost me just under $800. I submit the receipts to my carrier which is slow, but I get reimbursed $500 of it, Manulife picks up $10 of each claim, so all said I pay probably around $200 give or take that I don't get back.

Once I hit 12, Manulife covers 100% for the rest of the calendar year, I switch it up to 60 minute sessions after that. I charge it on my credit card, file it online and like you reimbursed within days. I also collect Avion points for it, and at $110 a pop it adds up win/win.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

Legacies or Sun Gods in Delta.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
My wife has Manulife I have some shitty carrier through my work but they do cover $500 worth of massage which actually works pretty great. I do 12 x 30 minute sessions early in the year, cost me just under $800. I submit the receipts to my carrier which is slow, but I get reimbursed $500 of it, Manulife picks up $10 of each claim, so all said I pay probably around $200 give or take that I don't get back.

Once I hit 12, Manulife covers 100% for the rest of the calendar year, I switch it up to 60 minute sessions after that. I charge it on my credit card, file it online and like you reimbursed within days. I also collect Avion points for it, and at $110 a pop it adds up win/win.
I think it more depends on what plan your company chose with manulife. For example mine, i have unlimited phsyio. get reimbursed $50 flat, and that is for also; Acupuncture and Chiro. But those two are up to $500 a calendar year
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:10 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Legacies or Sun Gods in Delta.
Thanks, I will give them a call.

I am with Sun Life through my work. I'd prefer direct billing, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.
Mining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,320 Times in 578 Posts
I'm with Sunlife and looking into utilizing my medical benefits. I work at desk all day and low back stiffness when I wake up in the mornings.

Are doctor notes required to get reimbursed through insurance for physio? I think massage therapy you don't need doctor note? Not sure if each insurance company regulations are different for claims.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #9
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

https://www.pthealth.ca/clinic/surre...py-at-the-rec/

Everything you asked for in OP. If you see Jeison (RMT) tell him KWu sent you!
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #10
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,187 Times in 2,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Are doctor notes required to get reimbursed through insurance for physio? I think massage therapy you don't need doctor note? Not sure if each insurance company regulations are different for claims.
Usually, it is physiotherapy and chiropractors that do not require doctor referral, whereas RMT services usually requires doctor's referral. But policies differ in their requirements, so it is best for you to find out what your plan requires you to do.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2017, 11:33 AM   #11
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Usually, it is physiotherapy and chiropractors that do not require doctor referral, whereas RMT services usually requires doctor's referral. But policies differ in their requirements, so it is best for you to find out what your plan requires you to do.
This. FWIW, I'm with Sunlife and in my particular coverage, I require a doctor's note. However I went a year without needing one, then in the second year I wasn't paid out and was told I required one.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:37 PM   #12

Do we get discount when mentioning you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
https://www.pthealth.ca/clinic/surre...py-at-the-rec/

Everything you asked for in OP. If you see Jeison (RMT) tell him KWu sent you!
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperfied View Post
Do we get discount when mentioning you?
Tell him karl sent you and you'll get a happy ending
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4l View Post
Tell him karl sent you and you'll get a happy ending
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #15

I work as a kinesiologist at Total Therapy in North Burnaby. I can refer to what you need just give me a message. We also do direct billing.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote