REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #26
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuce View Post

I am based in Richmond, do you guys know any good , reliable and honest car dealers in this area or around. I looked around a few on Yelp and google but reviews seems mixed so not sure.

Sam
i've been in car sales industries and i can tell you there is no honest dealers here. all they want is make money

trade-in in dealership is rip off and you will find over average price for buying used car in most dealerships

when you buy a used car, make sure its local bc car (not cars from usa or cars from other province) with its accident history and make sure it has clean title

there is a reason why we call dealership stealership
Advertisement

Last edited by aalex; 01-10-2017 at 10:18 AM.
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:08 PM   #27
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Nice finds Thumper!

This Mazda 3 looks very tempting and the details looks even more tempting Thanks the nice share.

That Nissan seems too big and looks like to have quite a bigger engine which means big engine big on maintenance.

I am after a car

Which is Low on Maintenance or easy to Mantain like six months check up with Mechnics

Should be reliable easy to replace parts no major issues with transmission , engine etc.

and in Budget.

Can't go on with more points due to budget constrains so need to keep that list limited.
Manuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #28
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Do you guys know any good Place that can perform Full inspection in Richmond area that you have personal experience of using or around Richmond.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #29
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Do you guys know any good Place that can perform Full inspection in Richmond area that you have personal experience of using or around Richmond.
I would take it to the dealer. Mazda = mazda dealer.
I mean who would know the car better than the dealer?
+ they always want to find everything that's wrong with the car anyways right?!?!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:17 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Mazda 3 GT 2004 clean low mile - $4600 (Lougheed Area) https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/5909716528.html
Just FYI, not that it makes a big difference, but I'm pretty sure that's a GS, not GT.
GT's have a wing/spoiler and I believe they come with leather seats.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:56 PM   #31
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

What do you think of this one guys ?

2007 Mazda MAZDA5 GS for $4,000 in Richmond | autoTRADER.ca
Old 01-11-2017, 08:13 AM   #32
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I would take it to the dealer. Mazda = mazda dealer.
I mean who would know the car better than the dealer?
+ they always want to find everything that's wrong with the car anyways right?!?!
The dealer doesn't know any more than anyone else. Unless you get a mechanic who's had special training (unlikely) or has a lot of experience with that particular chassis (also unlikely) they're no different from the guys at any other shop.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:38 AM   #33
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The dealer doesn't know any more than anyone else. Unless you get a mechanic who's had special training (unlikely) or has a lot of experience with that particular chassis (also unlikely) they're no different from the guys at any other shop.
maybe it dosen't matter anymore for a car this old, but back in the day when i had the inspection done on the car i was looking at with the dealership i chose (bcaa accredited), they also did a manufacturer recall check, and were able to give me a fast estimate for the repairs needed using oem or aftermarket/used parts. they also checked for known issues that i didn't have to tell them to do, such as a body weld problem known for the model year i had, as well as pull the past service history from the database.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:06 AM   #34
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

very sensible tip thumper will look for bcaa approved shops.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #35
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i'm not saying underscore dosen't have a point. for a car this old it might not matter anymore depending on how many owners it's seen, etc.. check how much the dealer charges first and then decide if it's worth the value of the car...

as for an indie shop in richmond, HBL Autosports seems to get good reviews:

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/hbl-autosports-richmond
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #36
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,873 Posts
Quote:
I've used this as a general guideline for Canadian used car prices, if you punch in the numbers, you'll get a range.

http://www.vmrcanada.com/canada_makes.htm

The Mazda5 you posted is priced pretty well.

VMR Canadian Used Car Prices - 2007 Mazda MAZDA5
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #37
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Just FYI, not that it makes a big difference, but I'm pretty sure that's a GS, not GT.
GT's have a wing/spoiler and I believe they come with leather seats.
That one is the first year of the MZ3. GS had the 2.0 (similar to Protege/P5), GT had the 2.3.

My GF has an 07 MZ3 GT, hatch, auto (same drivetrain as MZ5). Bought at 90k from the original owner and was only dealer serviced, now at 170k. Aside from regular synthetic oil changes and cabin air filters, I've done:

- 100k rf engine mount, front pads and rotors
- 120k struts, plugs, thermostat
- 160k battery, f/r pads and rotors

As soon as the weather cooperates, I'll be replacing the front LCA's (new bushings/BJ's), front wheel bearings and flushing the tranny fluid.

Overall, it's been a good car and only needed basic maintenance.

Having said that, I've heard of PCV failures causing oil consumption/seized engines and failed TCM (tranny control module) which is an easy fix but expensive part.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 01-11-2017 at 01:48 PM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #38
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,873 Posts
Have you bought yet ... this was posted in the CL thread by someone and it might fit your bill, already has snow tires on. Pretty low kms for a 99. You and your whole family can go camping and sleep in that thing, so damn cavernous.

1999 Honda Odyssey - $3488, 179K kms

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/5956368916.html
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #39
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Have you bought yet ... this was posted in the CL thread by someone and it might fit your bill, already has snow tires on. Pretty low kms for a 99. You and your whole family can go camping and sleep in that thing, so damn cavernous.

1999 Honda Odyssey - $3488, 179K kms
These are great cars! smooth and comfy

Common things to check:
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
TIMING BELT MAINTENANCE
oldsnail is offline   Reply With Quote