REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Mazda Tech Resources

Mazda Tech Resources All Mazda Tech info
THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 01-08-2017, 08:26 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Mazda 5 (canadian version) leap in dark :)

Hi Guys,

I am Honda User and trying to buy Mazda 5 mpv / mini van as I got a small family and I really really liked the space it has and the easy door access for kids.

Since I have been a Honda user in the past and its my first time buying a Mazda so for me its bit of leap in the dark. I want to know are there any common / famous issues with this car that I need to know. Please advice

I will be very very thankful for any feedback on this.

I am on a pretty tight budget so please advice about Mazda 5 model 2006,07 ,08 and 2009. Canadian version as I am located in Vancouver.

In UK it cost around 1500 pounds to 2000 and have no to zero resale value.

Edit : it was also be more great and helpful if previous owners can give their personal feedback over here as well. Thanksalot
Advertisement
Manuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:31 PM   #2
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
The generation you are considering uses the older 2.3L MZR. Supposedly, that engine is quite a bit inferior in nearly all aspects compared to the 2.5L MZR that replaced it in the subsequent generation of the car. So if you can swing the extra $$$, I'd opt for the 2.5L generation vehicle instead.

Be prepared to go through brake pads and rotors as those are rather undersized for the weight of the vehicle.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Traum many thanks for this wonderful tip will keep that in mind

How much these brakes /rotors cost to replace approx?

Also is it cheap to go through with mehanics like finding parts repair works etc?What I am trying to ask is sometimes there are cars that are not so common cars. Mechanic struggle to find right parts for it and it end up costing more time and money.

Thanksalot.
Manuce is offline   Reply With Quote