REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Richmond driver of Bond-style car shaken, stirred over bill (https://www.revscene.net/forums/711438-richmond-driver-bond-style-car-shaken-stirred-over-bill.html)

Soundy 01-10-2017 08:17 PM

Richmond driver of Bond-style car shaken, stirred over bill

Quote:

Imagine, for a second, you’d just shelled out $200,000 for a very rare sports car that was made famous by the James Bond movies.

Then, fast forward the dream scenario and picture a nightmare where you crash the car — a very lightly-used, Aston Martin DB9 in Skyfall silver — have only basic insurance and are facing a $132,000 repair bill.
:fulloffuck:

Who pays $200k for a car and then just gets basic insurance???

dapperfied 01-10-2017 08:18 PM

Poor car.. :(

coneZONE 01-10-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

That is, however, exactly the situation a Richmond resident, Jessica Liu, finds herself in, having driven the stunning limited edition — only 100 were made — for only a few kilometres before she inexplicably veered off the road and hit a large stone near Blundell and Garden City roads in December 2015.
Quote:

“I’m not going to pay a cent; I don’t even want the car back anymore; I want a refund (from the dealer),” Liu, who is in her 30s, told the Richmond News via email from China.

“I don’t think it’s safe to drive. I just drove it for two weeks; I don’t trust the car, I don’t trust the dealer and I don’t trust the autoshop’s invoices.”
Buys a car, crashes it, then demands for a refund :fulloffuck::seriously:

Soundy 01-10-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

That is, however, exactly the situation a Richmond resident, Jessica Liu, finds herself in, having driven the stunning limited edition — only 100 were made — for only a few kilometres before she inexplicably veered off the road...
:pokerface:

Akinari 01-10-2017 08:37 PM

inexplicably veered off the road = too busy using her rose gold iPhone 7 Plus 256GB while driving as a walkie talkie to WeChat some other sad mainlander.

- kT 01-10-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cone275 (Post 8815709)

was thinking exactly this. seriously fail to see this logic. typical mainlander attitude, fucks up and blames anything and everything else before casting blame on themselves. crashes car, blames manufacturer. burns food, blames oven. smfh

pastarocket 01-10-2017 08:44 PM

The only fortunate outcome of this mainlander's accident is that no other driver was injured by her terrible driving.

She wanted to save money on her insurance bill by only getting basic coverage. :lawl:

That poor stone near Blundell and Garden City road. :troll:

fliptuner 01-10-2017 08:54 PM

Penny saved is a penny earned :troll:

At least it didn't get stolen. What are the chances it had theft coverage?

ae101 01-10-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cone275 (Post 8815709)

I guess u have never met a cheapskate chinese mainlander

I know this one guy with a porcshe and he cheaps out on basic maintenance, mans unbelievable he try to cut down on oil change lol

coneZONE 01-10-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae101 (Post 8815717)
I guess u have never met a cheapskate chinese mainlander
l

haha, oh believe me, I have.

Long story short, we were doing a renovation contract for this one dude, he wouldn't pay money on time, so eventually the work was delayed/halted.
Tried to put the blame on us, sent us lawyer letters, threatened us, put our personal info on WeChat, then sent people to come and vandalize our car (it was written off :(), kept threatening us.

Eventually, the police had to take us away from our home and hide us somewhere else, in order to find and arrest him lol

Seriously though. They are a whole messed up bunch.

jdzle69 01-10-2017 09:15 PM

“I don’t think it’s safe to drive. I just drove it for two weeks; I don’t trust the car, I don’t trust the dealer and I don’t trust the autoshop’s invoices.”

Funniest shit i've seen all day!

Nlkko 01-10-2017 09:35 PM

REKT. That is all.

twitchyzero 01-10-2017 10:17 PM

A R T O F S T A N C E

are the rotors actually model-specific or can you put a FoMoCo part on it and still function to specification?

68style 01-10-2017 10:25 PM

I'll take it off her hands, find a good welder... Nobody has to know :pokerface:

RevYouUp 01-11-2017 12:50 AM

no one asked for pics yet

RickyTan3 01-11-2017 01:08 AM

sounds like she follows the saying "If it breaks ill just buy a new one"
Then when it breaks they freak the fuck out, this isn't an iPhone hunny

Mr.Money 01-11-2017 01:24 AM

everyone's picturing a stereotype of a South Park Asian.

Dragon-88 01-11-2017 08:07 AM

A little more info for you guys!

Apparently she wasn't even driving it was her friend.

This is car #014/100 (Bad luck for chinese, probably why she doesn't want it anymore)

She agreed on the quote, paid half and then had a fit and got lawyers involved. Storage fees and all that was in the original docs. So basically got lawyers involved cause she wants to try and reneg the contract. So really there is nothing is of a surprise from her end she was aware of all of this and signed a contract. Shes just a cheap bitch who is now dragging this on because shes currently in China.

She probably brought this to the media outlets hoping people would feel bad for her.

604STIG 01-11-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

she inexplicably veered off the road and hit a large stone near Blundell and Garden City
Anybody else laugh at the fact that a "stone" could do that kind of damage?:lawl:

Quote:

Liu, who told BA to stop working on her car last fall, questioned the need to buy a pair of
rotors (brakes)
I agree with her, why do they need to install new rotors when she's never gonna use them. Take out her turn signals while your at it.

Hakkaboy 01-11-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604STIG (Post 8815785)

I agree with her, why do they need to install new rotors when she's never gonna use them. Take out her turn signals while your at it.

Not trying to defend her, but based on the article she's questioning why they are buying 2 rotors instead of just 1 if only one of them were damaged.

cho 01-11-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakkaboy (Post 8815811)
Not trying to defend her, but based on the article she's questioning why they are buying 2 rotors instead of just 1 if only one of them were damaged.

Explaining parts of the $132,000 bill, Frank Van Pykstra, co-owner of BA, said the brakes are ceramic and, therefore, “they can’t be machined” like regular brakes.

As for needing a pair of rotors and not just one, Van Pykstra said, “When you’re braking in this car, in any car really, the brakes need to be balanced. You can’t replace just one.”

Bender Unit 01-11-2017 10:36 AM

had goolge it to find out what's so special about this limited editon.

J Bond wasn't even driving DB9 in the movie.....
Bond Styple :troll:

DB9 coupe Centenary Edition « Aston Martins.com

Gumby 01-11-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakkaboy (Post 8815811)

I don't know if it's BS or not, but the repair shop claims that the brakes need to be balanced, so they need to be replaced in pairs.

Urrtoast 01-11-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8815703)

:fulloffuck:

Who pays $200k for a car and then just gets basic insurance???

Someone who cannot really afford such a expensive car. Serves her right for being cheap.

inv4zn 01-11-2017 10:41 AM

My mechanic told me the same thing, because if you have uneven rotors when you slam on the brakes there'll be slight pressure difference and you might veer to one side.

I'm sure the effect is more pronounced in a hi-po car?