REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:08 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

summitt energy

have anyone heard of summitt energy?

one of their sales representative showed up at my door today and claim summitt can lower my energy bills but i have no idea about this company
Advertisement
aeiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I'll leave this here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/com..._at_all_costs/

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #3
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I'm glad Alberta banned door to door sales of this crap:

'Starting Jan. 1, 2017, selling furnaces, natural gas and electricity contracts, water heaters, windows, air conditioners or energy audits door-to-door will result in a fine or possible charges under the Fair Trading Act, announced Service Alberta Minister Stephanie McLean'
roopi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #4
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
is it define as scam?
Old 01-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #5
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Never heard about it but I feel this is more of a scam.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I had a person knock on my door saying they were from Terasen Gas (Fortis BC now) asking to see my bill to make sure it was correct. I asked them why and she said she could save me money. She went on and on about how I can save money. That's when I knew they were some energy company trying to get me to signed a contract. She misrepresented herself which would be consider fraud. I said I'm not going to show you my bill and proceed to close the door on her and that's when she stuck her foot in and started to push the door open.

DO NOT let them see your bill. They want to see your bill so they can get the account number and name. They already have your address obviously. I saw on the news later on of some shady sales people forging signatures on contracts and the home owners having a hard time getting the contract cancelled.

There's no way I'm paying a middleman for my gas delivery when I can get it straight from the supplier. Afterwards I checked what Terasen's rate for gas and delivery and it was 3 times cheaper then what the girl told me her company will charge me if I signed up with them. So if I signed up with her company, my bill would have tripled. That's not how you save money

Last edited by MTV Cribs; 01-19-2017 at 12:14 PM.
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #7
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

found something about summitt energy on google

Became a Summitt Energy scam victim - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
Old 01-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #8
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
just had someone show up at my work from "just energy". guessing thats the same shit.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #9
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Let me put it this way, I've yet to have anyone come to my door that wasn't part of a scam.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #10
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

they are finding a way to trick public by (i think mostly elderly, housewives or whoever knows nothing about energy)selling natural gas which cost more than most energy company
Old 01-19-2017, 04:27 PM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
The business model itself isn't a scam. Since electricity retailing is deregulated, there are many energy marketers competing for a share of business in this segment.

Unfortunately, it's the sleazy sales people these companies push to hire to drive sales growth who give it a bad name. While every sales person goes through a quick training session when hired and is taught what not to say, many are tempted to lie their way into getting customers sign the deals since their pay is purely commission-based.

Not all are due to dishonest sales people though. There are too many dumb people out there who simply don't have the ability to assess the contract and/or have enough industry knowledge to evaluate the risks of signing into a contract. Some energy retailers try to offer fixed electricity rate which is completely fine, yet you see customers start bitching and lying about how they had no clue when they entered the contract when the market moves against them. It's the same shit as when a person decides to sign a fixed mortgage rate, then cry foul when interest rates decrease.

IMO, this should just be banned. Door to door sales should only be limited to simple physical product which you can thoroughly examine at the time (even this is sort of questionable). I'm all for banning door to door period. Every door to door sales person hates their job and every person who gets their door knocked hate it also. Sophisticated products like electricity should never be sold door to door. Door to door sales require a deployment of massive number of people. You simply can't hire that many smart and honest people who are willing to do such grunt work. On the other end, most customers are too dumb to understand the contract anyways.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #12
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

i guess summitt dont care about bad reputation. all they care is ripping people off by offering more expensive energy

please let your friends and family knows about this scam.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:35 AM   #13
Need my Daily Fix of RS

is there anything we can do to stop these scam activities?
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeiou View Post
i guess summitt dont care about bad reputation. all they care is ripping people off by offering more expensive energy
Wait, that actually happens?? There are actually people like that in the world?!

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #15
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

CBC Marketplace did an episode on this years ago. It's still worth a watch for people who aren't familiar with the tactics:

Utility Contracts: Power of Persuasion - Marketplace - CBC News
roopi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2017, 02:06 PM   #16
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopi View Post
CBC Marketplace did an episode on this years ago. It's still worth a watch for people who aren't familiar with the tactics:

Utility Contracts: Power of Persuasion - Marketplace - CBC News
still no one stop these scams
Old 10-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #17
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

These scammers showed up in my neighborhood again. Is there anything I can do to stop them scamming my neighbors?
Old 10-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #18
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Yeah if they put their foot in your door make sure you fucking break it, that'll stop them from going to your neighbors.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #19
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeiou View Post
These scammers showed up in my neighborhood again. Is there anything I can do to stop them scamming my neighbors?

I would tell that scammer that you will call the police to come over to talk to him/her.

That should scare the energy scammers enough to stay away from your neighbourhood. Get the cops to help you out.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #20
Need my Daily Fix of RS

i believe they claim offering lower rate of natural gas but their actual price is higher than usual
Old 10-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #21
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
i can lower your gas bills too

Spoiler!
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote